Kiwi @ the US Open - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-23-2004, 06:35 PM   #1
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Kiwi @ the US Open

I'm new here and have wondered why we don't have a different threads for each of Nicolas' tournaments. So I hope this will be the first of many tournament threads for Kiefer.

The US Open is just a week away & I was curious to know how u think Kiwi will do, knowing what happened in Athens. He'll recover from that marathon doubles match physically, but mentally,do u think that will have an affect on him. I personally don't think it will. Yeah it's heartbreaking to lose in such a fation, but first of all that was doubles and I think Kiwi & his coach will be prepared for the Open. What do u think?

We can also talk about who might be going to the Open, Hopefully u some of u will be able to go & see Nico. I cant

And of course when the draw the draw comes out, there will be even more to disgus(can't spell).
RodFan08 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-24-2004, 11:36 AM   #2
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kiwi @ the US Open

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkm08
He'll recover from that marathon doubles match physically, but mentally,do u think that will have an affect on him. I personally don't think it will. Yeah it's heartbreaking to lose in such a fation, but first of all that was doubles and I think Kiwi & his coach will be prepared for the Open. What do u think?
I hope you're right with this, but I think it's very dificult to predict how he gets over it. I hope that his words on his homepage are honest: he is already able to see the positive things and decribes the US Open as his next goal.

He left today morning to New York, I hope he had a good flight and has a good time there practising

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 02:04 PM   #3
country flag RodFan08

RodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond reputeRodFan08 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
I hope you're right with this, but I think it's very dificult to predict how he gets over it. I hope that his words on his homepage are honest: he is already able to see the positive things and decribes the US Open as his next goal.

He left today morning to New York, I hope he had a good flight and has a good time there practising
How do know he left today? I hope he has a good time practicing for the Open Can u give me his homepage url, I'll put it on my favorites. Nico should only focus on the summer season he has had. All he has to remember is how he got on this role that he did this summer. Getting to 4 finals(I think) in one year is great & he should feel confident. I'd be surprised if he wasn't.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:20 PM   #4
country flag athie

athie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond reputeathie has a reputation beyond repute

kiwi homepage. There you go bkm08.

URGH Neely I feel terrible and so sad, hence why no replies in the threads yet. Still trying to figure out what to say.
athie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
country flag RodFan08

Thanx athie, I appreciate it
Old 08-25-2004, 01:03 PM   #6
country flag Space Cowgirl

Space Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSpace Cowgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by athie
kiwi homepage. There you go bkm08.

URGH Neely I feel terrible and so sad, hence why no replies in the threads yet. Still trying to figure out what to say.

Athie!
Onwards and upwards, here's to a good US Open for the Germans!
BTW, am setting about finally getting a home PC this week, so will soon be online with my voluntary translation service

Rainer = Lion
Kiwi = Scarecrow
Tommy = Tin Man
Flo = Dorothy

...but I still love 'em

Member #2 of Waskeholics United
Space Cowgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 04:56 PM   #7
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

I am hoping to go up and see him at least once, but i won't be able to make it up until the second week. I know we're gonna go to the final, but I wanna get up there a day that Kiefer's playing and buy tickets to see hiiim cuz I need to. And if he ends up playing Roddick, you better believe I'll go up to that game and be the only person there cheering for Kiefer... haha... But I dont care!!!
Old 08-25-2004, 08:50 PM   #8
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Kiwi has a tough draw after the 3rd round. Good luck to him!
Carlos Moya ESP (3)
v.
Brian Baker USA

Qualifier
v.
Amer Delic USA

Qualifier
v.
Alexander Popp GER

Olivier Rochus BEL
v.
Mario Ancic CRO (27)

Dominik Hrbaty SVK (22)
v.
Oscar Hernandez ESP

Karol Kucera SVK
v.
Xavier Malisse BEL

Qualifier
v.
Qualifier

Victor Hanescu ROM
v.
Paradorn Srichaphan THA (15)

Gaston Gaudio ARG (9)
v.
Juan Monaco ARG

Daniel Elsner GER
v.
Thomas Johansson SWE

Greg Rusedski GBR
v.
Cyril Saulnier FRA

Qualifier
v.
Nicolas Kiefer GER (19)

Mardy Fish USA (26)
v.
David Ferrer ESP

Qualifier
v.
Max Mirnyi BLR

Irakli Labadze GEO
v.
Qualifier

Ivo Karlovic CRO
v.
Tim Henman GBR (5)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 10:36 PM   #9
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

so lets take a look at Kiwi's possible matches:

1st round: qualifier
I hope it's not the most dangerous qualifier

2nd round: Rusedski or Saulnier
that's where it might become very difficult
Kiwi could already beat Rusedski a few weeks ago in LA quite convincingly with 6-1 6-4, but Rusedski is still holding a 5-4 career edge over him and if he is in form he can be very dangerous again because he's difficult to break with his serve.
Saulnier... OMG very dangerous opponent recently. I remember Tommy Haas's match in LA quite well, Tommy went on to win the tournament and has beaten Agassi this week, so he was in quite good form, but still Saulnier pushed him quite much and this 7-5 7-5 result of Tommy was a VERY HARD work. Also Saulnier's latest results have been quite good: he has beaten Youzhny, 2nd round at Canada TMS, in a third set tiebreak 7-6(0), and he was only defeated by Joachim Johansson in another 3rd set tiebreak. Then Saulnier seemed to play very well last week against Lleyton in the quarterfinal. Lleyton survived 7-6(5) in the third set and Socket, who attended this match in person, also said he was very dangerous and his serve is a real force.

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Old 08-26-2004, 01:58 AM   #10
country flag RodFan08

Not the best draw. But Nico can do it. I wonder who the qualifier will be? We'll see
Old 08-29-2004, 11:10 PM   #11
country flag Neely
-

Kiwi is playing tomorrow, on Monday, the 2nd match on Grandstand after a women's singles.

Kiwi vs. Mahut

good luck to Kiwi! ... the battle of the two Nicolas

I hope he starts well after his disappointing Olympic doubles loss!

Last edited by Neely : 08-29-2004 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 03:19 AM   #12
country flag RodFan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakdancingfish
heck, i wonder why there isn't an entire forum for kiwi! i always forget to look here since there's not one...should we start a petition to get one or something?
That was my idea. U didn't see the thread I made? Check it out, it's called (ALL KIEFER FANS) HE NEEDS A FORUM. If u have anu ideas post them there, I'd luv to here what u have to say
Old 08-30-2004, 03:20 AM   #13
country flag RodFan08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely
Kiwi is playing tomorrow, on Monday, the 2nd match on Grandstand after a women's singles.

Kiwi vs. Mahut

good luck to Kiwi! ... the battle of the two Nicolas

I hope he starts well after his disappointing Olympic doubles loss!

GOOD LUCK KIWI !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 03:23 AM   #14
country flag knight_ley
KIWI. A KIEFER KIWI.

knight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond reputeknight_ley has a reputation beyond repute

Go Kief !!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 04:30 AM   #15
country flag kfh_9118

kfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond reputekfh_9118 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Kiwi
kfh_9118 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote