Heading to grass court season 2009... - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-25-2009, 06:17 AM   #16
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Heading to grass court season 2009...

The announcers (on DirecTV's extra Wimbledon channels) didn't seem to know what was going on, so you didn't miss much. I didn't see the entire match but they were saying that Robby had been acting as though his back was bothering him. Before he called the trainer, he'd sometimes bend forward and looked like he was trying to stretch his back out a bit between points... let his body weight fall forward, his arms hanging loosely. He certainly was wincing when the trainer was manipulating his neck & shoulder/upper back.
rege is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2009, 05:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rege View Post
The announcers (on DirecTV's extra Wimbledon channels) didn't seem to know what was going on, so you didn't miss much. I didn't see the entire match but they were saying that Robby had been acting as though his back was bothering him. Before he called the trainer, he'd sometimes bend forward and looked like he was trying to stretch his back out a bit between points... let his body weight fall forward, his arms hanging loosely. He certainly was wincing when the trainer was manipulating his neck & shoulder/upper back.
Yes the wincing I clearly saw. As I said always nagging injuries no matter exactly where they are located
I think Robby should try Yoga or something like that where the concentration is on stretching the muscles rather than building up muscles. Robby seems plenty strong, but I don't think he is very limber. His body needs to be more flexible I think to try to avoid some of those injuries IMO.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 AM   #18
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Robby to play Newport.
R1 vs Ventura
Go Robby

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 03:56 AM   #19
country flag rege

rege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond reputerege has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that was scary... 6-2, 1-6, 6-4. The statistics suggest that Robby's serve went completely off the mark in the second set... low 1st serve percentage, low percent of 1st or 2nd serves won, etc.

He's playing another American in the next round... Brendan Evans, who beat Benjamin Becker today.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:08 AM   #20
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Losing a set to Ventura on grass
Good luck in R2 Robby

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
Old 07-13-2009, 04:20 AM   #21

Well I forgot to keep checking on this Tournament so I don't know what Round Robby was defeated in, but he was obviously defeated
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:57 AM   #22
country flag rege

They kept suspending play due to rain, so Robby played his 2nd round match on (I think) Thursday morning. The winner of that match had to play another match later that afternoon to catch up.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 AM   #23
country flag DartMarcus

He was beaten by Evans in straights