•°o*Everyday is a Journey for the Warrior, and the Journey is Home/ the Castle, vol.4 - Page 284 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #4246
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Everyday is a Journey for the Warrior, and the Journey is Home/ the Castle, v

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
Djoker lost? WTF?

I mean, I knew Haas was playing good, but Nole SHOULD be a much better player
Grass is definitely his worst surface
He played very badly. Way too passive, and, to be fair, Haas was serving exceptionally well, and giving him very little chance to break. Haas had a mini choke in the 2nd set tie-break, and Nole then had break-points to break him in the 1st game of the final set, but after that, Haas regrouped and Nole just kind of - collapsed

You're right though - Nole hates grass- he views it pretty much the same as Safin always used to - so guess I should be grateful for a final appearance.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #4247
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •°o*Everyday is a Journey for the Warrior, and the Journey is Home/ the Castle, v

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
good idea, my list would be strange for most folks, but I have a strange taste when it comes to movies, so here goes my top 10 list:

1- The Fly
2- A Beautiful Mind
3- Armageddon
4- Pirates of the Caribbean
5- Independence Day
6- Scent of a Woman
7- The Matrix
8- The Silence of the Lambs
9- The Count of Monte Cristo
10-CloverField

I might have missed some that I don't remember now, but those are definitely among my top favorites

"the fly" was excellent. i also liked "the count of monte cristo". great story. i have yet to see "the silence of the lambs". my dad has seen it a couple of times. he was talking about it a while back.

in any case, here is my all time favorite list:

1. Benhur
2. 300
3. gladiator
4. once upon a time in the west (this is considered by the movie experts to be the best western ever made).
5. where eagles dare
6. the night of the generals
7. the great gatsby
8. somewhere in time
9. outlaw josie wales
10. nevada smith

"the quick and the dead" wasnt bad but i dont think i can call it an all time favorite.

Last edited by Clay Death : 06-14-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #4248
country flag Harmless

Harmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond reputeHarmless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFedex View Post
Spanish here

that music genre is called Rock Andaluz

I recommend Medina Azahara, Iman Califato Independiente, Alameda, Mezquita, Smash...
Thanks!
I heard Mezquita already, they are amaaaaazing.
I'll be sure to check out the others as well, thanks a lot for the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
Medina Azahara, Mezquita, Smash, Guadalquivir... progrock andaluz. This is old stuff, I don't follow the current scene.

gotta go to bed. nite
Thanks.
And good night.

--------------
I have a few good vibes to send out to Gilles for his Rd1 match in Rosmalen right now , and then I'm off too.
(pleasedontloseinroundoneagainpleasedontlosein roundoneagainplease...)
It was nice talking to everyone, bye!
Harmless is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #4249
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

1. Citizen Kane
2. The Godfather Part I
3. Conan the Barbarian
4. 2001
5. The Shining
6. Apocalypse Now
7. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
8. 300
9. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
10. Dog Day Afternoon
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 06-14-2009, 03:33 PM   #4250
country flag miura

miura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond repute

CD. Where Eagles Dare! One of my favourite old movies

Old 06-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #4251
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
1. Citizen Kane
2. The Godfather Part I
3. Conan the Barbarian
4. 2001
5. The Shining
6. Apocalypse Now
7. Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
8. 300
9. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly
10. Dog Day Afternoon

i forgot about your #2 (the godfather). it was a truly awesome movie. it blew me away when i first saw it.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #4252
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura View Post
CD. Where Eagles Dare! One of my favourite old movies

i was just a tiny kid when i first saw it. had to catch it again a couple of years back. it is simply brilliant.

eastwood and burton made one hell of a team. burton was beyond awesome in this one.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #4253
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Haasi will make up for that W/O in 2007 Wimby and give Rog a match this time.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #4254
country flag FedFan_2007

CD - I have another 50 or so films that are my greatest. That list was just off the top of my head.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #4255
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Ljubica* View Post
He played very badly. Way too passive, and, to be fair, Haas was serving exceptionally well, and giving him very little chance to break. Haas had a mini choke in the 2nd set tie-break, and Nole then had break-points to break him in the 1st game of the final set, but after that, Haas regrouped and Nole just kind of - collapsed

You're right though - Nole hates grass- he views it pretty much the same as Safin always used to - so guess I should be grateful for a final appearance.

i like haas because he has been through so much but i was for the serbian slayer in this one. i just like him more to be plain and honest. he is also a better player.

i am glad i didnt see the match. i would have been pissed off.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #4256
country flag FedFan_2007

"The Mechanic"(1972) starring Charles Bronson and Jan Michael-Vincent. Now that is bad ass. Best movie ending ever.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #4257
country flag miura

miura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
i was just a tiny kid when i first saw it. had to catch it again a couple of years back. it is simply brilliant.

eastwood and burton made one hell of a team. burton was beyond awesome in this one.
The book is also very good. I haven't read it in a while. I shall put on my list for what to bring when I'm hitting the road down Europe later this summer.

I'm surprised no-one has chosen the Burg Hogenwerfen castle used in that very movie. It's a fortress worthy of a General and was one of the candidates when I chose my castle!

Old 06-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #4258
country flag FedFan_2007

Oh and I just watched "Slumdog Millionaire". Excellent commentary on the extreme poverty of Mumbai and the media-obsession.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #4259
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedFan_2007 View Post
Maybe Haasi will make up for that W/O in 2007 Wimby and give Rog a match this time.

that wont work. we are only looking at about 10 movies or so as being on one`s all time favorite list.

in other words, for discussion purposes, one`s list only needs to contain about 10 movies. it also makes a bit of challenge to see which 10 would make the list.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:46 PM   #4260
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTheKnife View Post
Jose, if Haas pulls this off, I'm going to be pissed. We waited forever to bet on him, and they never set it up..
You can say that AGAIN. How am I supposed to build up a nice vcash cushion??

Quote:
Morning people!

Haha, that polish fucktard born_on_clay bad-repped me for this post with the comment "Buy a fucking life moron"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
what Wawrinka ?
Damnit you stole my line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
Jose would be proud of that Fed answer. Nadal mentioned twice.
Why would I be proud?

That's some interesting choices by Roger. Nadal's forehand eh? He should know.

Quote:
Haha check this out

Too good.

Tennis has no blood passport system, and does basically no out of competition testing.

The methods and drugs used by Armstrong in 1999 would work in tennis right now, with zero chance of being caught (not slightly surprising to anyone familiar with the topic, btw).
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread