How to measure headsize? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
country flag jyy82993

jyy82993 is on a distinguished road
Default How to measure headsize?

I've recently picked up a cheap Macgregor racquet that I've found in my cousin's racquet. I was curious about the small headsize which I have never played with before, so I took it for a test drive. To my suprise I feel like I framed less with this racquet compared to the oversize racquets. Maybe I was just more focused? I have no idea. The racquet was poor in quality but I was suprised by the pace I got from it. From the looks of it the headsize looks smaller than 90sq in, although I may be wrong but I am positive that it's smaller than 95sq in. Anyways I got little bit off topic. Does anyone know how to measure the headsize of a racquet? I looked at every inch of this racquet and it does not state the headsize anywhere.
jyy82993 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #2
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to measure headsize?

You can approximate it as being an ellipse.

S=D*d*π/4

I did it, it's a pretty good estimation, depending of the shape of the racquet.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote