Gilles Simon's Chat Thread #2 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #61
country flag Eimear O'Mahony

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gilles Simon's Chat Thread

Aw Nichele that sucks hun What teams were they?

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Also liking ... LOPEZ, VERDASCOand NADAL

The Adidas Boys - Impossible is Nothing
Eimear O'Mahony is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2009, 11:31 PM   #62
country flag Nichele Hull

Nichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond repute

Roma,Lyon,Inter and the other team I don't care about
Old 03-11-2009, 11:45 PM   #63

Eimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond reputeEimear O'Mahony has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can't say I'm sorry Inter lost TBH But I feel your pain on Roma. I was watching extra time in that match and the penalties and I have to say they didn't deserve to lose I didn't see Lyon's game but it was Barcelona they were playing right? There's no disgrace there. Barca are a good side

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-12-2009, 12:53 AM   #64

Nichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond reputeNichele Hull has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah well you shouldn't be disappointed the Man U played. Its sad your dealing with Ronaldo though
Old 03-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #65

How do you mean about Ronaldo?

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 AM   #66

What I mean by Ronaldo is one match I was watching,Ronaldo was fouled by someone and he was on the ground and he kicked him on his ankle! It was a cheap thing to do and he got away with it! I was turned off for the whole match
Old 03-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #67

I'd love to sit here as a Man U fan and defend Ronaldo but the truth is I can't. His play acting sometimes is an absolute disgrace and makes me really angry. Myself and my brother and father often wonder how the coaches at Man U and Ferguson haven't hauled him up by the scruff of the neck and told him to cop himself on. He has no-one to blame but himself when he is genuinely fouled but referees book him for diving. Its a case of the boy cried wolf. It's such a shame he's like this because he's a class player and this side of his game is letting him down

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-12-2009, 04:47 AM   #68
country flag gwumwen

gwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
In Ireland and the UK Man U and Liverpool have an INTENSE dislike for each other. They would rather die than follow the other team. I have friends and relatives who are Liverpool fans so it's not that the fans hate each other but they hate the other team with a passion. And when I say passion I MEAN passion. But, that's not to say that you can't like both teams! You're more than welcome to make your own decisions It would take me forever to explain the true rivalry between the two teams ... Di maybe you can help out?

COME ON UNITED!!!
I am a supporter of Liverpool too, while my sister and one of my uncle support ManU. My father supports Arsenal while my other uncle supports Chelsea. The atmosphere was very weird when we watch these four teams in action together, and Wednesday matches by far are the worst, cos the matches usually starts at around 2:30am here and I have to wake each and everyone up to watch the match. They would tease/grumble/yell/swear/repeat the scores (depending on the result of the match0 at me until they get to work. According to the others in the family, it was a torture seeing us watching matches together, we could argue over anything
gwumwen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
Thanks Eimear It was so different live than it is on tv. On tv the stadium looks enormous and it all seems so untouchable. Being there in person takes away the mystique but it also adds the element of being able to really feel the momentum on the court and seeing how hard they hit the ball. I was just sitting there the whole time thinking - I can't believe Stan's right there... It brings the realization that he's just a regular person but also the excitement of seeing things first hand.
Yeah I feel the exact same when I go and see football live. They do so much more than they appear to do if you're just watching it on television. A LOT of people have commented on how you can't appreciate how hard they hit the ball until you see it live. That's really awesome. Yeah it's great seeing your favourites first hand. I've seen Cristiano Ronaldo play twice and both times I've been like 'Oh my God!!! Ronaldo is in front of me' and David Beckham too so I can totally appreciate where you're coming from!!! I can't wait to go to a tennis match!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwumwen View Post
I am a supporter of Liverpool too, while my sister and one of my uncle support ManU. My father supports Arsenal while my other uncle supports Chelsea. The atmosphere was very weird when we watch these four teams in action together, and Wednesday matches by far are the worst, cos the matches usually starts at around 2:30am here and I have to wake each and everyone up to watch the match. They would tease/grumble/yell/swear/repeat the scores (depending on the result of the match0 at me until they get to work. According to the others in the family, it was a torture seeing us watching matches together, we could argue over anything
Oh I bet that's fun!!! Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal all in the one house!!! One of my brothers in law supports Chelsea and another supports Liverpool so as you can imagine football discussions can get quite heated in my house Still, we don't take it too far though. Just a little light piss taking. We've yet to have a MAJOR argument over footie. We all respect who the other supports.

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #70
country flag gwumwen

gwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond reputegwumwen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks Eimear It was so different live than it is on tv. On tv the stadium looks enormous and it all seems so untouchable. Being there in person takes away the mystique but it also adds the element of being able to really feel the momentum on the court and seeing how hard they hit the ball. I was just sitting there the whole time thinking - I can't believe Stan's right there... It brings the realization that he's just a regular person but also the excitement of seeing things first hand.
I have the same feeling even though I was only watching an exhibition match. I was watching JohnnyMac/Borg and Fed/Blake at that time. My first thought was: the ball was fast. People keep saying on tv, everything was flatten so as to squeeze into the tv and the ball looks very slow, I didn't believe that until I saw that in person. Blake was awesome even in exhibition matches. I am sure he would be a lot more impressive in the DC tie. You are so lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimear O'Mahony View Post
Oh I bet that's fun!!! Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal all in the one house!!! One of my brothers in law supports Chelsea and another supports Liverpool so as you can imagine football discussions can get quite heated in my house Still, we don't take it too far though. Just a little light piss taking. We've yet to have a MAJOR argument over footie. We all respect who the other supports.
That was the time when I enjoyed watching football most. We never have any major argument, the most heated argument is always over whether David Beckhamis hot or not- and still is. My sister is crazy over him and keeps on talking about him nonstop. It can get quite annoying I have no personal dislike over Dave, if there's any, it's all the fault of my sister. I dun see my uncles as often now, but every time I saw them, they greet me by saying "liverpool sucks"
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #71

I think I was the only female football fan ever to NOT find Beckham attractive ... and I still don't! As far as I'm concerned I'm not a fan girl when it comes to football. I take my football INCREDIBLY seriously. I can honestly say I've never fancied a footballer. I watch it to enjoy the football and not the players' legs

Simon Monfils Gasquet

Old 03-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #72
country flag gwumwen

Me neither- but probably because I am a Liverpool fans
I only watched football occasionally now because they are now showed on a different pay TV channel than tennis, they used to be shown on the same channel.
I can only watch football in a bar with my friends or go over to my uncle's house, and I have to say, I dun recognized 70% of the players in the Premier League. But I still enjoy watching the match, even though I can't tell who is who. Many people find this strange.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #73
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Great read, Ally, thanks a lot!
Quote:
That also made me think about how awful it must be to get the glare of doom while taking photos of Gilles. I would feel so bad if that happened. If he ends up playing in Indy - I'll make sure to be on my best behavior.
He said in the WLT interview he won't play events the week before a Slam or a Masters Series like he did last year in Casa and Indy, but I see Indianapolis is at a different time now in the calendar, so maybe he will play it.
(But I wish he won't since it's the same week as Hamburg.)

I hope you'll get the "glare of doom" one day to make your G. Simon experience complete! It's part of the fun.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:10 PM   #74
country flag port37

port37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Actually, I seemed to think that I was just as invisible as I am when I'm cheering in my living room watching tv. Otherwise, if I really thought about it, there was no way I was going to be the lone fan cheering (loudly) for Stan (and holding up homemade signs) across the court directly in front of the players' bench.

If he ends up playing in Indy - I'll make sure to be on my best behaviour
You've got some great stories from your weekend and you had great seats! When I'm watching tennis at home I'm jumping up and down and yelling, but when I'm at the tennis I'm very self-conscious and subdued, which helps when watching a favourite in a tight match because I don't stress out as much. I made a sign for Andy Roddick for this years AO and was holding that up, luckily I had Andy fans around me, so I didn't feel uncomfortable about it. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to be noticed so I have to get over that to go crazy.

Do you live in the Indy area and that's your local tournament? Have you been to the US Open? I'm going over to the US Open this year, booked my accommodation today
Old 03-12-2009, 07:43 PM   #75

I just read on teletext that Roger has announced Mirka is pregnant. A baby Roger on the way. I'm not the biggest Federer fan but good luck to him and Mirka

Simon Monfils Gasquet