Racquet for a rookie - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
country flag Lebeuf

Lebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Racquet for a rookie

I'm a rookie at tennis but I think i'm pretty good naturally in every sport and tennis is no exception , I have a very old racquet and im tire of this situation , I know nothign abotu racquet except the fact I hate the large racquets liek jumbo size or something.
Im willing to put from 80 to 150$ on it and I got a one handed back hand if that makes any differance.
For some reasons I dont necessarily hate a heavy racquet , but i dont hate a light one either.

Which racquet should I buy?
Lebeuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #2
country flag T.Enthusiast

T.Enthusiast is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Racquet for a rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebeuf View Post
I'm a rookie at tennis but I think i'm pretty good naturally in every sport and tennis is no exception , I have a very old racquet and im tire of this situation , I know nothign abotu racquet except the fact I hate the large racquets liek jumbo size or something.
Im willing to put from 80 to 150$ on it and I got a one handed back hand if that makes any differance.
For some reasons I dont necessarily hate a heavy racquet , but i dont hate a light one either.

Which racquet should I buy?
The right choice for a new racquet depends on multiple factors, but first of all there are some specifications you need to consider.

1. Size of the racquet head:
A smaller racquet head is much harder to play for rookies because the optimal contact point is much smaller and you need to play much more accurately to hit the ball appropriately. A bigger racquet head is easier to play because it also tolerates a not so perfect hitting technique (which is important if you have a bad day...)and in addition Topspin's and Slices are much easier to play. There are also racquets with oversized heads (jumbo size) which emphasizes the positive aspects of bigger racquet heads.

2. Size of the Grip

To check which grip size is the best for you check the following site:
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/LC/G.../Gripsize.html

3.Weight of the racquet:

More weight means less power but more control (ex: 340 gr.)
Less weight means more power but less control

All the manufacturers have a wide range of racquets for rookies and intermediate players but at the end the best way to choose the racquet for you is to find a dealer who allows you to test some racquets and then you can choose the one which gives you the best impression. There is no real formula to choose a racquet but if you consider the above mentioned factors and the price range between 80 - 150 $ you will find the right racquet for you.

Good luck
T.Enthusiast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #3
country flag Lebeuf

Lebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond reputeLebeuf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Racquet for a rookie

thx a lot
Lebeuf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote