Can I learn to use this racket? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
country flag AngryTypingGuy

AngryTypingGuy is on a distinguished road
Default Can I learn to use this racket?

I just picked up this Head Liquidmetal at Sports Authority (it was on sale).

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-LM4.html

Is this too small and heavy for a beginner? Can a racket really hamper your ability to learn the game?
AngryTypingGuy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Can I learn to use this racket?

that racket is ok for a beginner; there are rackets you could have picked that are a lot harder to use. a frame like that may be a little hard to handle at first, but after a little while you should get used to it and it'll help you develop your technique and shots more than a huge, light oversize
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
country flag raymondtehcc

raymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTypingGuy View Post
Is this too small and heavy for a beginner? Can a racket really hamper your ability to learn the game?
The racquet will not limit your ability to improve your tennis playing skills. It is depends on your ability to get use with the tennis racquet and performance that you might get from it. Sometime, new racquet will help you to discover your new tennis playing skills that might never known before.
Hope you enjoy your new tennis racquet. Good luck!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
country flag LPShanet

LPShanet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryTypingGuy View Post
I just picked up this Head Liquidmetal at Sports Authority (it was on sale).

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageRCHEAD-LM4.html

As the others have implied above, it's totally fine. It's actually not small at all (in fact, it's larger than the average frame) and it's not that heavy. It's a perfectly fine racquet for right now, and not an "advanced" frame at all. And many people have learned with tiny, heavy wood racquets, so I'm sure you'll be fine. If anything, learning with an advanced frame will help you develop the mechanics you'll eventually need anyway, so the most important thing is just getting out there and playing a lot. If there was really a "best" racquet, then everyone at any level would all be using the same one.
LPShanet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote