Question for jazar/anyone - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #1
country flag evansjos

evansjos is on a distinguished road
Default Question for jazar/anyone

I'm looking to upgrade my racquet from a mid level Prince. I would consider myself an intermediate player with a powerful serve and forehand but wanting to develop an all court game.
I demoed a Head LM Radical MP and a KBlade 98 this week. While both racquets are upgrades from what I have, the KBlade was instantly my favorite. I immediately felt much more in control of my game and very confident in my strokes.
The only caveat for me, though, is that right now I just can't drop $200 on the KBlade. What racquet would you recommend that's more affordable and plays very similar to the KBlade?

**Edited to add:
After another two hour session with both racquets, my opinion has changed somewhat. I found that the KBlade provides more pop on my serve and my forehand is a little deeper in the court. On the other hand, I was able to find much more consistency off the ground with the Radical. For me, it seemed like I had to try and hit the ball off the court with the Radical and the ball would sail more with the KBlade. With that, what racquet would be similar in the Head lineup that would be as consistent off the ground as the Radical but with the pop on serve as the KBlade? My apologies if my post sounds somewhat contradicting; I should have played more with both before asking.

Last edited by evansjos : 05-28-2009 at 02:23 PM.
evansjos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question for jazar/anyone

if you like both the kblade and radical you could try and pick up an nblade from somewhere, or you could wait a couple of months and pick up a microgel radical, as there is a new model coming out so the microgel will be coming down in price.

or if you're looking for something in the current range, the only thing i can think of in the current range that would be like the radical off the ground and the blade off the serve would be the microgel instinct. i think one of the things that is causing you to like both rackets is the string pattern, and unfortunately there arent many rackets out there with that pattern.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote