We have a new supermod - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default We have a new supermod

So I have seen scoobs is a supermod now. I personally consider him as an interesting human (just to check his spotlight thread) but sadly in the massive opinion he has failed as the GM mod and hardly gets any respect from people other than his closest internet friends. It also doesn't bode well as he was mentioned along with the silly trolls as one of the most serious contenders to win the ACC title this year.

I only have been wondering what was the reason behind such a choice and as I've been skimming MTF, the discussion about this topic runs in the few places.

Of course I wish him good luck in his new duties, but for the future I think it's the best to choose people who aren't controversial in any sort (for example our admin Carlita is an everybody's darling and would always listen to the problems people on MTF have; I doubt there's anyone to disrespect her for any reason except in troll jokes) and *especially* who in general opinion have already failed as a normal mod. Also people not associated with any forum "clique" would be the best option. Why wouldn't you offer it for example to Voo de Mar, who lives in the same timezone, seems to have a lot of time and was chosen last year the most valuable General Messages poster? Or maybe Zirconek, who makes an excellent mod in Challenger and futures forum (as CooCooCachoo is a bit busy with his studies now) and his answers to the questions where he speaks in the name of mods clearly shows he's got a great and rare combination of sense of humour and sense of sanity?

I hope this post doesn't sound offensive to anyone, especially scoobs, because I only want to discuss and help to find good solutions for the future for a forum of which I'm an active participant; the solutions that might cut the mod bashing a lot. I fear the new situation will only trigger the "it was scoobs' fault" whenever a person considered as his friend is not punished for something, and also "it was scoobs' fault" when a person from another circle or a troll is punished or their thread is deleted. Unnecessary drama.

Thanks for reading,
Nathii

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #2
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have a new supermod

thanks for your input Nathii. I can see some of your points here. We've been talking about it for a while now. There will be some more supermods added, and your suggestions are not that bad

Scoobs will do fine. And if there is a conflict of interest anywhere, one of the other admin/supermods will step in when needed. I have confidence this will work, if not, we'll deal with it then
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Gotta agree.

GM is a huge mess now and making the responsible for that a supermod isn't exactly something reasonable. I'm sure his friends will love that. I-mac will finally get her carte blanche.

Anyway, good luck.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your response, Sjoukje Overall I think it's a good idea we're going to have more supermods and ever thinking of suggestions, I do believe the main criteria except from being liked should be the mentioned mix of understanding for a little fun (Gooch watch ) and sanity (so the place doesn't turn into the bad quality circus to scare away the valuable posters).

And yeah, I think the non-controversial and non-involved people are the best options. So what that for example people like Adam, Genci or myself are generally liked here, when we are all involved in cliques and a little trolling, and any move would be discussed just for the sake of it, toward the upset of everyone.

Nah, that's all I felt like saying

Old 05-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ View Post
There will be some more supermods added
That's nice.

Action Jackson may be one of them.
Getta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #6
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
That's nice.

No way.

Too controversial.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-22-2009, 04:06 PM   #7
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute

As always I'm available via PM for a chat with anyone over any concerns they may have.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
country flag LinkMage
Banned!

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

I should be one.
LinkMage is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-22-2009, 05:13 PM   #9
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
don't even joke about this
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-22-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
country flag Nathaliia

LM for the v-bookie

Old 05-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #11
country flag LinkMage
Banned!

LinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond reputeLinkMage has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, I think I hugely deserve it by now. I have spotted lots of mistakes by the vbookies.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #12
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ View Post
thanks for your input Nathii. I can see some of your points here. We've been talking about it for a while now. There will be some more supermods added, and your suggestions are not that bad

Scoobs will do fine. And if there is a conflict of interest anywhere, one of the other admin/supermods will step in when needed. I have confidence this will work, if not, we'll deal with it then
i nominate bachelor dandy again, you need someone when the europeans are pretending to sleep during the afternoon australian time/north america nighttime. another user has also showed the same concern shown in this thread below.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=139293

posters have taken advantage that their is no moderators during this time like balkanboy.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #13
country flag LinkMage
Banned!

BD? No way!

Make me a Super Mod before that Nadulltard.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:43 AM   #14
Ivanatis

Ivanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond reputeIvanatis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacked82 View Post
i nominate bachelor dandy again, you need someone when the europeans are pretending to sleep during the afternoon australian time/north america nighttime.
supported
Ivanatis is offline View My Blog!  
Old 05-23-2009, 09:23 AM   #15
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacked82 View Post
i nominate bachelor dandy again, you need someone when the europeans are pretending to sleep during the afternoon australian time/north america nighttime. another user has also showed the same concern shown in this thread below.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=139293

posters have taken advantage that their is no moderators during this time like balkanboy.
thanks but we're not asking for nominations and this is not a nominations thread
Carlita is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread