AeroPro Drive Cortex../vs/...KBlade Tour../vs/...Aerogel 4D 300 Tour..../vs/...????? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
country flag brian31

brian31 is on a distinguished road
Default AeroPro Drive Cortex../vs/...KBlade Tour../vs/...Aerogel 4D 300 Tour..../vs/...?????

Hello to all,

After 20 years out of the game (I'm 37 now), I'm really itching to get back into it. I was a good singles player in high school and had last used the old Wilson Ultra 2

So after so research, I was going to demo the above 3 raquets. (Babolat AeroPro Cortex, Wilson KBlade Tour (93-inch head) and the Dunlop). Any thoughts on them, and are there others I should consider?

My game is all-court style, with a preference for ground-stroking, moderate use of topspin, and a pretty big serve (I'm 6'3" with long arms).

Any ideas greatly appreciated! I need to spend some time I know with a ball machine
brian31 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AeroPro Drive Cortex../vs/...KBlade Tour../vs/...Aerogel 4D 300 Tour..../vs/...??

With that game style, I'd say the Wilson.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:30 AM   #3
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AeroPro Drive Cortex../vs/...KBlade Tour../vs/...Aerogel 4D 300 Tour..../vs/...??

of the rackets you've mentioned that babolat apdc will be the easiest to use as it has the largest headsize and is the lightest. its not really much of an all-court frame though; its designed for someone who wants to spend all their time on the baseline hitting heavy topspin groundstrokes.

the aerogel 4d 300 tour is a little heavier and has a slightly smaller headsize, so is a little tougher to use, but will give you more control. its more of an all court racket and will be nice than the apdc on serves and if you dont hit with that much topspin you'll probably like the denser string pattern.

the kblade tour is a very demanding and unforgiving racket. its great for flat hitters who dont need any help generating power and is brilliant on serves and at the net. i wouldnt really describe it as a racket to use to get back into things; a better option might be the standard kblade, which has similar specs to the dunlop, but is just a touch more powerful
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote