Benoit Paire - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-21-2010, 08:25 PM   #121
country flag marquez
Banned!

marquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond reputemarquez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Qualifying Draw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
He's nothing like Safin. Sure he has a big serve and great backhand, but his game is more about all the variety and he moves really well - rather than having huge, booming groundies.
cant say that, when I watched him(only two matches to be honest), his footwork was horrible(at least in the match against deheart) and by far the weakest part of his game

I'm not sure that his game is that much more(than safin's)about variety either, yeah he likes to play dropshots and to follow his shots to the net, but I haven't seen him mix up from the baseline, change pace, use angles, use the slice effectively

as I said, watched him only twice in st.brieuc, I'm sure you have seen him more often, so you probably have the better view here

Last edited by marquez : 05-21-2010 at 08:30 PM.
marquez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #122
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez View Post
I'm not talking about developement status at a given age, I'm talking about the similarities of hitting heavy shots on both wings consistently.

he has all the talent to become a great player, he will probably never be as good as safin, he would have to be better by now, but he can become a top30 player at least

as you mentioned, he is 21 and playing futures which is not too impressive.
I watched him when he played in st.brieuc and I was disappointed because of his attitude on court(he was very negative, very nervous) and because of the lack of footwork

so he definitely has a lot of work to do

as I said I meant it more because of his safin-like style of playing, comparing him to marat in terms of class and maturity(when it comes to playing tennis, not the behaviour on court ) would be asking way too much of course

sorry for the confusion here
Ok, I just thought you were saying he had Safin's overall potential. Which obviously not many players do. But yeah, Paire is improving in a hurry.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:12 PM   #123
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquez View Post
cant say that, when I watched him(only two matches to be honest), his footwork was horrible(at least in the match against deheart) and by far the weakest part of his game

I'm not sure that his game is that much more(than safin's)about variety either, yeah he likes to play dropshots and to follow his shots to the net, but I haven't seen him mix up from the baseline, change pace, use angles, use the slice effectively

as I said, watched him only twice in st.brieuc, I'm sure you have seen him more often, so you probably have the better view here
I have actually seen him do a lot of mixing up in his game and especially his backhand angles are great and his ability of turning defence into offence has always been something I have enjoyed about his game. The last time I saw him, vs Llodra last week, he was dropshotting AND slicing so much (which annoyed me) and his forehand was great. However in other matches i've seen him, his forehand was always just put back into court and his backhand the stunning shot.

He just seems to just play however he feels like playing on the day which is probably why we have such different interpretations of his game.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:01 AM   #124
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutu View Post
He's nothing like Safin. Sure he has a big serve and great backhand, but his game is more about all the variety and he moves really well - rather than having huge, booming groundies.
Agreed. Although I wasn't that impressed by his serve, his overall game seems more about variety and being opportunistic, thus nothing like Safin but more like an improved version of.. Clement. ^_^

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #125
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benoit Paire

OMG! those grunts..

Very enjoyable match so far. Allez Benoit!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #126
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle-rn View Post
OMG! those grunts..
The grunts are indeed so annoying, but the rest looks good.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:10 PM   #127
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

I love the grunts.

He really enjoys making things much tougher than they have to be.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:40 PM   #128
country flag Tutu

He lost. 6-3 6-7 4-6 5-7 and served for the last set at 5-3.

Sad loss because he had so many chances and a lot of them were wasted with silly errors/dropshots. Rochus is just such a little pest! Oh well, still a great tournament and I hope he continues play like this. I can't wait to see him at the Wimbledon qualies.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #129
country flag turtle-rn

I couldn't watch the end of the match but I was pretty confident he would win it. At least, he was obviously enjoying the experience, even looked a tad too laid back at times.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #130
country flag Tutu

http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/breves2...4_paire-h.html

« Benoît, quel sentiment prédomine après votre beau match face à Olivier Rochus ?
Je suis satisfait de mon match. Il y a eu un bon niveau de jeu, j'ai super bien servi, j'avais un peu peur au début de prendre une tôle. Je gagne le 1er set, je vais au tie-break dans le 2e, je me fais breaker dans le 3e, après dans le 4e je sens l'ambiance monter et tout ça... Ca m'a porté.

Dans le premier set, vous affichez beaucoup de contrôle de vous-même. A partir du 3e, cela a vraiment changé.
La perte du 2e set m'a fait mal. Je sens que je commets quelques erreurs, et je n'ai pas trop l'habitude des matches en cinq sets. Là, dans ma tête, je me dis « il me reste deux sets à gagner !» Je me suis énervé légèrement, mais rien de bien méchant. Au niveau de la concentration, dans le 3e set, je n'y arrivais pas.

Vous vivez comment cette image de joueur talentueux mais fragile mentalement que vous véhiculez ?
Fragile, c'est vrai, c'était le cas. Je m'énervais beaucoup sur les courts, j'avais du mal à rester concentré tout un match. Depuis les qualif's, j'ai fait beaucoup d'efforts. Je suis carrément récompensé, j'arrive à me qualifier pour le tableau final de RG. A Bordeaux, je fais un quart de finale contre Llodra. Je me rends compte que quand j'arrive à rester concentré tout un match, je peux faire des super choses ! Cela m'encourage pour la suite.

Comment travaillez-vous le mental ?
Je me suis fait virer de la Fédération, donc forcément, cela fait un choc ! Pendant deux mois, je n'ai plus eu trop d'envie de jouer au tennis mais j'ai trouvé un cadre maintenant : je vis chez ma famille, chez mon entraîneur à Aix-en-Provence. Cela se passe bien, cela donne envie de faire des efforts.

Votre bon parcours ici, c'est une revanche ?
Je ne l'ai pas très bien pris, certes, mais ce n'est pas une revanche. (Sourire).

Un spectateur belge a incité Rochus à mitrailler votre coup droit ...
Si j'avais un coup droit au niveau de mon revers, je ne serais pas 290e mondial ! Et j'aurais passé le premier tour de Roland-Garros. C'est vrai que j'ai un moins bon coup droit, tout le monde le sait. Je suis friable sur ce coup et dans les moments tendus, c'est de là que vient la faute. Mais je suis quand même satisfait, parce que je n'ai pas donné énormément de points.

De quoi vont-être faites vos prochaines semaines ?
Je suis inscrit aux qualif's du Queen's. Je voulais être à Nottingham ce week-end mais avec le double, c'était impossible. Je suis super bien à Roland, ma copine dispute le tournoi Junior. Je vais rester. Après, ce sera les qualif's de Wimbledon. Ca va être super, parce que j'ai l'habitude de jouer les futures.

Can't wait to see him at Wimbledon.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #131
country flag Alex.
should be empty.

Alex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond repute

Loved watching him play. Reminded me a bit of Ernests in some of his faults, lack of concentration, excessive use to dropshots. But he's a showman and he has talent. Can't wait to see what he does with it.
m. raonic : b. tomic : d. istomin
Alex. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #132
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

An interview decalée on orange http://roland-garros.sports.orange.f...0100527_01.wmv
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #133
country flag Tutu

Thanks for that.

He's on the qualies list for Nottingham. Draw should be out today.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:33 PM   #134
country flag turtle-rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
An interview decalée on orange
Thanks. :]

"Favorite Parisian restaurant: MacDo." Mais avé l'assent, on pardonne un peu.

Old 05-30-2010, 05:06 AM   #135
country flag Tutu

Odd, he's not in the qualies of nottingham.