Benoit Paire - Page 32 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #466
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benoit Paire

Disappointing summer for Benoît, he couldn't win on HC, he lost in straights to Russell in LA and to Kamke in DC , i think the loss to Baker hurted him a lot, since then he has only won 2 matches ( Schwank and Tomic). He says he will not play Toronto/Cincy, he wants to be rested for the USO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #467
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

He's back in WS And he'll play doubles in NY with ERV I hope he will win some matches in US

Then he's on Metz Entry list
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #468

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

He lost 6:2 7:6, he was a break up on 2nd set , since losing to Baker @ Wimbledon he has gone down, hope he plays good on USO!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #469
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mercurial Talent Benoit Paire Talks Tennis and New York

Quote:
Benoit Paire is one of those players that some people may never have heard of while others make it a point to watch him everytime he plays. At age 23, the rising young Frenchman from Avignon has been having a good year so far – getting to the finals of Belgrade and reaching a career high ranking of No. 47 just a month ago but his recent lack success on the hard courts of America has Paire concerned heading into next month’s U.S. Open, his favorite Grand Slam.

To try and describe Paire’s style of play is well, tres difficile as the French would say. Paire is noted for whacking aces almost at a whim while at the same time tossing in elegant, if not always well-planned, drop shots with often winning results. That Paire doesn’t seem to have a well-thought out game plan each time he steps out on a court would be a fair assessment despite Paire having a full-time coach.

Then there’s his demeanor on court, something that can only be described as insouciant. Taking on Martin Klizan in the first round of the Winston-Salem Open, Paire did not look at all comfortable in his first match since taking an extended holiday after his early round dismissal in Washington. After being cited for ball abuse in the first set that he later lost, Paire continued expressing his frustration, first with a long diatribe in French to the umpire who thankfully spoke it as well, and then by smacking his racquet twice on the court after dropping serve.

Paire managed to force a tiebreak, but it was Klizan who played better down the stretch, chasing down several Paire drop shots that he then converted into winners. Klizan closed out the match 6-2, 7-6(4) leaving Paire to ponder his next move before New York.

While Paire may have an on-court persona that often leaves tennis watchers shaking their head in disbelief, Paire in an interview is quite charming and candid, even when dealing with his third straight loss in a row. It was a surprise that he accepted one and many players after a loss, often speak in grumpy monosyllables. But Paire, well he was quite chatty.

“During one month I don’t serve good, I don’t feel good and I don’t know how to fight,” Paire said. “That’s the most important to play tennis and that’s why I lose every time. Today there were five breaks in the match and my serve is very important for me. I don’t know what to say. At this moment it is difficult for me to play and I don’t know what to say.”

When asked how things go in practice, Paire said, “Sometimes I feel good and sometimes no. But when I get on the court, there is nothing. I cannot play. I can’t serve. I know it’s in my head but I don’t know what to change.”

Despite his lack of confidence, Paire lit up his mega-wattage smile when talking about his recent holiday to visit his girlfriend and about the gold necklace given to him by his parents that he always wears on court. Paire is looking forward to playing in New York where he had his first breakthrough at a Major in 2010 where he advanced from qualifying to the second round before losing to Feliciano Lopez in five sets.

“U.S. Open is the best tournament. It’s where I played good for the first time in a Grand Slam. And for me with all the buildings and everything it is for me the best tournament.”

Paire’s mercurial personality, on and off the court, may not be everybody’s cup of thé but he’s definitely worth watching at least once even if you are not quite sure, like himself, what the result will be.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #470
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday in l'equipe an article about him and and he's doesn't understand why he's like that. Holidays has changed nothing. He is with brother who is a tennis coach before the arrival of Zimbler.

first round in USO is against Dimitrov
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paireny.jpg (130.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 PM   #471

- The losing streak is gone , he won 5:7 6:3 7:6(4) 6:2, he had 12 aces, but poor 1st serve %, just 48%, he won 68% on 1st serve and 58% on 2nd serve. Early in the match he wasted a lot of break points, he ended up with 6/17 and saved 6/10. He usually plays well on Slams, now he will play Kolschreiber/Llodra on R2, winnable if he plays well.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #472
country flag soulage

Yes Kohlshreiber next

His family is with him there. His parents, his girlfriend and his brother who coach him here.

A video interview wth his father http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/us-...62/video.shtml That's fun to see Benoit and his father who talks about his son

And Benoit ahs now a contract with Lacoste. His rankings brings him opportunities

Attached Images
File Type: jpg benoit.jpg (186.4 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by soulage : 08-30-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:05 AM   #473
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

Also a win in doubles alongside ERV

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 10:17 AM   #474
country flag soulage

Lost to Kohlshreiber in fives sets I read he served for the match in the fifth

Quote:
“Je suis un peu triste d’avoir perdu le match, c’est frustrant, a confié l’Avignonnais dans un sourire. Mais en même temps, je suis content. Je me suis accroché, je me suis battu, comme je ne l’avais pas fait cet été. J’espère qu’il y aura encore plein de matches comme ça. Ce qui m’a manqué pour faire la différence, c’est peut-être un peu de confiance. Mais franchement, en sortant du court, je suis content, j’ai fait un bon match, j’ai pris du plaisir, je ne suis pas passé loin face au 20e mondial, et pour l’avenir, c’est du bonus
http://www.lequipe.fr/Tennis/Actuali...e-coche/310071

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc_3073.jpg (318.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg dsc_3016.jpg (211.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg dsc_8577.jpg (209.3 KB, 6 views)
Old 09-01-2012, 11:43 AM   #475
country flag Lesliem

Lesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond reputeLesliem has a reputation beyond repute

Benoît
Old 09-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #476

Sorry for Benoît, he played a good match, a real pity that he choked . At least it's an improvement since last weeks.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:42 AM   #477
country flag soulage

He is injured on his foot. he was supposed to play Petange and Metz so wait to see if he can.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0209.jpg (211.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-03-2012, 07:01 PM   #478
country flag soulage

Due to that foot injury he may have to stop 2 or 3 weeks http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/us-...46/video.shtml

You can see the injury on his twitter account where he posted a pic

Interview in that online magazine http://www.footfaultmagazine.com.ar/magazine/index.php in spanish
Old 09-16-2012, 07:56 PM   #479

He's playing Metz:

(7) Monfils vs O.Rochus
Mahut vs Qualifier
Malisse vs Paire
Kohlschreiber vs Bye

Tough draw here, but if he plays his best he could make SF, as he gave Kohli a tough time in USO and Monfils is rusty.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:10 PM   #480
country flag soulage

He won . Malisse played badly and it seems he was injured on his wrist. Benoit was concentrated and good enough

His new girlfriend seems to follow him on tour. She's was here today.

In the player's lounge yesterday