Benoit Paire - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-30-2010, 10:30 AM   #136
country flag MissChaChaCha

MissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benoit Paire

Normally, Benoît's next tournament is Halle (qualifications)
MissChaChaCha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #137
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

Won his first match against Klein 6-2 7-6(2) but lost his second match to Stadler 3-6 3-6. Oh well, still only early days on the grass. Wimbledon next... I'll be there hopefully.

WTA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ATP
Tutu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #138

MissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond reputeMissChaChaCha has a reputation beyond repute

Benoît is a member of the Top 200 (195e) !!

Old 06-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #139

WIMBLEDON

Qualifications

1st Round : B.Evans (USA) d. B.Paire (FRA) : 6-4 6-7(2) 6-3

Old 06-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #140
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Dammit. At least, the scoreline suggests he put up a good fight.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:46 AM   #141
country flag Deivid23

Deivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond reputeDeivid23 has a reputation beyond repute

If a good coach guides him, he will become an excellent player, imo. He still has many flaws and sometimes his attitude is a bit suspicious, but he has a big potential. GL to him
Deivid23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:26 AM   #142
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

I was at his match and I'm sorry to say it was disappointing not just because he lost but because his opponent was being a bit of an ass towards him.

Anyway, it started out that Evans was in complete control although Benoît wasn't playing badly. So of course Evans was leading a set and a double break and Benoît's coach kept telling him to keep fighting and hang in there and suddendly all his ground shots and returns that had been slightly missing the lines before, all started going in. He literally caught FIRE, it was a pleasure to watch him play and because he was suddenly playing so well, he got excited. Well more overexcited and started "Allez"ing and "Vamos"ing on every winner he hit and pumping himself up a lot, which was totally understandable (although the grunting gota little louder but not a bad level). Well Evans started to take offence to this, responding by mocking his celebrations when he finally won a point (Benoît won at least 10 points in a row when he was on- it was beautiful to watch!). Evans celeebrated witha loud "Allez".

After Evans had got so frustrated that he started talking aloud, sometimes in the direction of Benoît's coach (who I was standing almost next to, so I could hear everything that was said). The coach was just giving a Gallic shrug in response but Benoît got really visably frustrated (and even stopped celebrating his winners at one point ). The coach just tried to focus him and told him to "fight like a lion" I believe, which was successful in the outcome of this set but unfortunately experience of Evans wore him down (he only played the 1 bad service game in the 3rd set and it was unfortunately enough).

Some things that Evans was saying:
"Look at him pumping himself up, what a dumbass!"
"Look at the dumbass (yes he used that word a lot ) sliding as if he was on clay!"
"I'm going to hit 4 winners in this game, like he's been doing! Watch."- This was said when Benoît was really holding his serve comfortably in the early part of the 3rd set. For the record Evans played a rubbish game after saying he was going to hit winners but did win it!

He was just making a lot of nasty, sarcastic comments really throughout the match and Benoît to his credit, didn't rise to the provokations and if anything got quieter but I think it affected him winning this match a little, which is why I've mentioned it here.

Evans also finished the match by screaming "Yeahhhhhhhhh!" really loudly for over 30 seconds and then didn't look at Benoît when he half gave him his hand. Benoît just looked puzzled at why he was so pissed off.

Anyway, obnoxious opponent apart, I was really impressed with Benoît's performance, obviously he is still very green and raw but in those moments when he was 'on' his game was flowing and so beautiful to watch. The variety was an absolute treat. I'm really looking forward to when it all comes together! He did have a few footing problems and fell a few times when Evans would get him out wide but the conditions weren't great, humid, and a lot of other players who are good grass courters were also struggling. I don't think the courts they used for Qualifiers are that great to play on.

It was also nice that other French players stopped by to cheer him on including Mannarino, Ouanna (on his way back from the practise courts) and a French player I know but couldn't recognise!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #143
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea how good at English Benoit is, so maybe he wasn't that much put off/hindered by his opponent's comments. On the other, it might have set him on fire had he understood the cursing was directed at him. ^_^ One sure thing, the umpire should have sanctioned it.
Thanks for your report.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #144
country flag Tutu

Tutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond reputeTutu has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could've been there to cheer him on.

Thanks for the report though. Onto my shitlist Evans goes!

Old 06-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #145
country flag Alex.
should be empty.

Alex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond reputeAlex. has a reputation beyond repute

What an ass. Poor Benoit. At least he played a good match in parts.
m. raonic : b. tomic : d. istomin
Alex. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #146

Marburg's Challenger [30.000€]
[21/06/10 - 27/06/10]

1st Round : C.Rochus (BEL/4) d. B.Paire (FRA) : 6-2 5-7 7-6(3)

Old 06-28-2010, 12:10 PM   #147

Arad's Challenger [30.000€]
[28/06/10 - 04/07/10]

1st Round : B.Paire (FRA) d. P.Oswald (AUT): 6-4 6-4
2nd Round : B.Paire (FRA) d. G.Rufin (FRA/7): 5-7 7-5 6-4
Quarterfinal :B.Paire (FRA) d. B.Pashanski (SRB/Q) : 6-3 6-7 6-3
Semifinal : B.Paire (FRA) d. D.Munoz de la Nava (ESP) : 6-3 6-2
FINAL : D.Guez (FRA/1) d. B.Paire (FRA) : 6-3 1-6 6-3

Last edited by MissChaChaCha : 07-05-2010 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:15 PM   #148
country flag Renaud

Renaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond reputeRenaud has a reputation beyond repute

Benoit won 64 64 against Philipp Oswald.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
"Je peux simplement vous dire que Jean-René Lisnard aime beaucoup les Chocapics" Benjamin Balleret
Renaud is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #149
country flag Tutu

Allez Benoit!

Old 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #150
country flag Tutu

B.Paire def G.Rufin, scor 5-7, 7-5, 6-4

Keep on going, Benoit!