Ben's Summer 2014 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #1
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ben's Summer 2014

He starts his summer in Stuttgart next week and last exams he made today for his knee are good https://twitter.com/benoitpaire/stat...06663859736576
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 10:24 PM   #2
country flag DBR

DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ben's Summer 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He starts his summer in Stuttgart next week and last exams he made today for his knee are good https://twitter.com/benoitpaire/stat...06663859736576
Thanks soulage, that's really good news.

I hope all the excitement around Kyrgios will give Ben a boost... he beat him in 5 sets in Australia, coming back from 2 sets down!!!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
DBR is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 09:39 PM   #3
country flag DBR

DBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond reputeDBR has a reputation beyond repute

Benoit plays Benjamin Becker in Stuttgart R1... Allez!!!

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Share/Ev...=321&Year=2014

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
country flag DBR

Ben plays Becker tomorrow (Tuesday), 2nd match on Grandstand court, Stuttgart R1. (Court starts at 11am local time)

Becker leads the H2H 1-0, but that was on hard court at Metz last year. Allez Ben!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #5
country flag DBR

The weather has messed up Stuttgart's Tuesday schedule (rain). They're trying again on Wednesday - Ben will now be 1st match on Grandstand court at 11am local time, Wednesday. Fingers crossed for better weather.

Allez Ben!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-09-2014, 05:43 PM   #6
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Lame performance in Stuttgart, 1R loss .

Lack of match play + constant rain delays, a bad tourney for him .
Old 07-09-2014, 06:43 PM   #7
country flag DBR

^^^ A real shame because I saw the 1st 2 sets and this match was totally winnable. (He lost 3-6, 6-2, 6-2 )

Ben did well in the 1st set not to get frustrated - he served 1st and had 4 BP's he didn't convert, but then took the 5th BP to go 5-3 up. A DF when serving for it, left him at 15-30. He then hit an unreturnable serve, a great serve and backhand winner 1-2, and defended brilliantly to win the last point and the set.

Becker started serving in set 2 and both seemed to be holding more easily than they had in the 1st set. By 2 all, Ben had served 4 aces in the set. But Becker seemed to step things up in the 3-2 game and held to love.

Then in the 6th game, Becker's returns were really good. Ben only played one poor shot - a loose forehand - and already he was 15-40 down. He served an ace to get to 30-40 and then was in control of the point when he hit a wild forehand as he was approaching the net, and was broken for 4-2. He wasn't happy with himself as you can imagine.

Then in the next game, Becker started with a DF, Ben hit a UE for 15-15, Becker hit a UE for 15-30, Ben hit long for 30-30, Becker netted for 30-40 BP, and then Ben netted an awful forehand on a 2nd serve. Becker served it out for 5-2. Ben was even more annoyed after this game because he knew he'd had chances and didn't make the best of them. His concentration was wrecked after this.

It's a shame because he played some good stuff as well, although I don't think he was all that happy with the court which was patched up after every change of ends. And nearly 2 full days of rain delays must have driven him mad.

Oh and if all of this wasn't depressing enough, he's still wearing the strapping on his left knee.

Hamburg next...

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-09-2014, 08:43 PM   #8
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering when he will be back
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #9
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Tough times for Benoit , I hope he will at least win one match in Hamburg, he really needs confidence.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:11 AM   #10
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I saw a bit of stream in set 2 and at one stage he was having a 'Benoit moment' of getting balls from ballboys and I think hitting each out of the courts . IMO he needs to cut that kind of shit out. It's best left in juniors that sort of thing and I very much doubt it helps him. I doubt he will though, it's just something I'll have to accept.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:43 AM   #11
country flag DBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Yeah I saw a bit of stream in set 2 and at one stage he was having a 'Benoit moment' of getting balls from ballboys and I think hitting each out of the courts . IMO he needs to cut that kind of shit out. It's best left in juniors that sort of thing and I very much doubt it helps him. I doubt he will though, it's just something I'll have to accept.
I didn't see that, when was it? At 5-2? My stream froze and when it came back, the camera was zoomed in on his racquet on his chair as if he'd cracked it or something. I did see him hit a ball at the back of the court after he was broken for 4-2, but it seemed more like that usual way players who get broken are annoyed when they get rid of the spare balls. My stream wasn't great though, so maybe not.

Either way, it's worrying how quickly he lost focus when things went against him. He doesn't seem to have any confidence at all at the moment.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #12
country flag FlameOn

He wasn't even THAT far behind in the second set when he did that actually. Might've even been when he was down 2-4 or even 2-3 .
Old 07-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #13
country flag DBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
He wasn't even THAT far behind in the second set when he did that actually. Might've even been when he was down 2-4 or even 2-3 .
Weird I didn't see it. Must have been the dodgy stream. But things are bad.

Ben has only played 18 matches this year... he's 87 in the live ranking, and is only 46 points away from leaving the top 100.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-13-2014, 03:13 PM   #14
country flag DBR

He plays Andrey Golubev, R1 Hamburg, winner plays Santi Giraldo...

Ben's defending 45 points this week, so really needs a win. Allez!!!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

Old 07-14-2014, 03:06 AM   #15
country flag FlameOn

Good luck .