The Chat Thread: Part 2 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:10 PM   #46
country flag Greg-Pete fan

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Chat Thread: Part 2

I feel horrible today and everybody is talking about Federer success and his immortality

I`m totally broken. Sorry.

ANDRE AGASSI - legendary Pete`s opponent

ROGER FEDERER - great champion, but...

SAMPRAS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN FEDERER

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Greg-Pete fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 02:09 PM   #47
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

hi redbery

nice to meet you. Don't feel too sad, life goes on, and you are not silly at all, i am much older than you, and i was sad too, but time cures all pains, today, i feel better, may be Pete is not sad at all about his records being broken ?: one day, some one may break roger's records too

even though Roger has better achievements than pete now, but it doesn't matter, he is always no.1 in our heart

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:13 PM   #48
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Pete fan View Post
I feel horrible today and everybody is talking about Federer success and his immortality

I`m totally broken. Sorry.

no need to say sorry, I understand how you feel, even i am more older than you, i feel terrible too, i even complained to my old mum so many times about pete's records being broken (she likes Pete too) that she thinks i am crazy, she said "are you crazy, this is just tennis, what do you want, a win is a win, you wanted to steal that trophy from Roger?" .. even pete doesn't care that much as you, you are so foolish"!, one day, may be someone comes out and break roger's records , life goes on, pete does not know who you are, you are stupid ......" i feel better now

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 PM   #49
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Let's say I am glad I was away on a trip with no time for TV and terrible WiFi connection that I didn't bother to get onto internet over the weekend.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:42 AM   #50
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
by the way, there is something which I really admire Nole, he is always gracious on defeats and his talent on languages stunned me, he seems to know English/German/Italian/Serbian? language talent just like Roger
Don't feel like to response in GM

Novak trained in Germany before he turned pro. That's why he understands German but he doesn't speak fluently and so not publicly. His girlfriend finished university in Italy, probably that's why he's fluent in Italian. But yes, he's very talented in languages.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:48 AM   #51
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Don't feel like to response in GM

Novak trained in Germany before he turned pro. That's why he understands German but he doesn't speak fluently and so not publicly. His girlfriend finished university in Italy, probably that's why he's fluent in Italian. But yes, he's very talented in languages.
yup, even i have learnt Englishf for ages, and French for a few years, still failing to understand what the actors/actresses speak in movies without sub-titles , my only talent is eating

its unbelievable that he is still with his girl friend for so many years, even he is now so successful and seems they are not always seeing each other i.e. one in Germany training and one in Italy studying, he is so loyal with his girl friend, Jelena is a lucky girl

Old 06-15-2009, 06:55 PM   #52
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

It's different listening to English on movie than talking in English. And you need to force yourself to not watching subtitles. When I was working in Hong Kong, an insurance company owned by Hong Kong Bank, my boss was English, the general manager was Aussie and the assistant GM was Kiwi. Most of the time, I had absolutely no idea what they were talking during meetings. Considered myself lucky there was no Scotts.

Novak and Jelena are living in Monte Carlo together now. Jelena graduated and is working in Monte Carlo. Although Novak travels around the world most of the time. Jelena is not a tennis groupie and she's a very smart girl, has a career herself. She usually joins Novak on weekends if he's playing in Europe.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:19 AM   #53
country flag Mimi

I think writing English is easiest while listening is the most difficult

yup Scott is very difficult to understand, many years ago, i went to Scotland with my friend, her boss showed us around for one day, i could hardly understand what he said

its good that Novak lives with Jelena instead of his crazy dad

Old 07-06-2009, 01:56 AM   #54
country flag Mimi

pete is foolish to come to wimby to see his records being broken, i never understand this "graciousness" , and he should support Roddick, who is from usa instead, why why poor Roddick has no lucks at all, should he converted any one of the 4 sets points in second set, may be he could win, but now

Last edited by Mimi : 07-06-2009 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #55
country flag redberyl

redberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond reputeredberyl has a reputation beyond repute

All the credits and respect to Roddick. He was really really amazing yesterday.

I like Roddick's speech after the match: "Pete, I tried to hold him, I really tried." As a Pete's fan, it was really nice to hear that.

I understand he really tried to win a slam or win a match for himself against Federer, not really tried to hold the recorde for Pete.

But anyway, I like Roddick from this match. He did give all he can and performed unbelievable great.

He deserved the win and hope he can win another slam another day soon.
redberyl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:42 AM   #56
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberyl View Post
All the credits and respect to Roddick. He was really really amazing yesterday.

I like Roddick's speech after the match: "Pete, I tried to hold him, I really tried." As a Pete's fan, it was really nice to hear that.

I understand he really tried to win a slam or win a match for himself against Federer, not really tried to hold the recorde for Pete.

But anyway, I like Roddick from this match. He did give all he can and performed unbelievable great.

He deserved the win and hope he can win another slam another day soon.
I think the same, and I don't know if Pete has comforted poor Roddick, if he did not, than I would be very angry about him

Old 07-06-2009, 07:45 AM   #57

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute

I don`t understand, but Pete was supporting Roger yesterday, not his compatriot Andy Roddick When Federer lost the most important points in the first and the fourth set, he was sad... Sampras really wanted to see Roger breaking his record

But Pete and Bridgette looked great and still young

Yes, you are right, Roddick was unbelievable yesterday, it was his best performance ever, he deserved to win Wimbledon.

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Old 07-06-2009, 07:50 AM   #58
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Pete fan View Post
I don`t understand, but Pete was supporting Roger yesterday, not his compatriot Andy Roddick When Federer lost the most important points in the first and the fourth set, he was sad... Sampras really wanted to see Roger breaking his record

But Pete and Bridgette looked great and still young

Yes, you are right, Roddick was unbelievable yesterday, it was his best performance ever, he deserved to win Wimbledon.
i don't understand too, i am not as "gracious" as him, i have to admit, i would be a bitter and jealous player if i play tennis, how could I be friendly with my opponents, and how would I feel happy if someone broke my records?

and who to pay the air ticket charges for Pete, he to pay himself of Roger to pay him? foolish pete FOOLISH FOOLISH, WANTED TO WITNESS YOUR RECORDS BEING BROKEN, ARE YOU GETTING OLD AND LOST YOUR MIND ?, whats more, poor Roddick has only one slam, and roger had 14, he did not support the underdog?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:52 AM   #59
country flag Mimi

if i were Roddick, i will give pete a kick on his belly

Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #60

Pete`s behaviour yesterday was... I have no words to describe it. I know he appeared there for Roger, but Roddick is his compatriot He should support Andy, but in my opinion everything was prepared for Roger unfortunately (including Pete and his happy or sad face)