The Chat Thread: Part 2 - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #136
country flag Greg-Pete fan

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Chat Thread: Part 2

Kubot defeated Roddick 6:2, 6:4 He really deserves to be in TOP 100, that`s for sure

ANDRE AGASSI - legendary Pete`s opponent

ROGER FEDERER - great champion, but...

SAMPRAS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN FEDERER

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Greg-Pete fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #137
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I still remember his amazing run in Serbia Open this year!!!
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:04 AM   #138
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

I was back on 7 October, but i come back to work today, lots of mails to read, my trip, umm, is ok , less good than I expected coz the places we visited look almost the same, I feel especially dissapointed about "Glacier Express" coz the scenes are not beautiuful at all, and the weather is sunny and not that cold, the coldest is just around 0 degree celcius in the mountain and I wore not thick clothes, may be my fatty tissues allow me to feel less cold than others

whats more, I discovered during the trip that one of my friends love to scold people all the times , well, she did sometimes throw tandrums at us during our meeting but not as much as this time coz now are are together for a 24 hours basis (we must be there when she wanted to take photos, otherwise she will scold us , and she mocked at my foolishness (there were some human statutes with umbrellas in their hands at a lake when we visited, but i did not notice their presence as we walked slowly towards the lake, she said she regretted for not taking an umbrella, at last i knew that she wanted to pose a similar umbrella-holding photo like those stattues, but as i did not see the statues, i asked her why she wanted to take an umbrealla since there is no rains? she responded by "Miranda, no wonder your boss scolds you all the time ! implying that i was foolish and deserved the scolds) (my another friend said actually she scolded her all the time when they visited usa, and thats why she did not want to go with her this time .......) she took more than 1,000 photos for the trip while i have about 200 and my friend only 50 ). I talk to you later, many things to do

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:06 AM   #139
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

What did you expect to see with the "Glacier Express"?

That's why there's the Chinese saying, "相見好,同住難!"
Old 10-09-2009, 09:58 AM   #140
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
What did you expect to see with the "Glacier Express"?

That's why there's the Chinese saying, "相見好,同住難!"
I thought I was going to see some spendid landscapes as big waterfalls, houses that are more beautiful than those I saw every day, but however i only saw landscapes which we could see in New Territories but just bigger , mostly just trees and since the top of the train is half transparent and it was very sunny, we all felt very uneasy

but Zermett is quite good

you are right, an old couple who are the friend of my mum, is taking a cruise trip from Canada and stopped by to visit my mum, they stayed there for 5 days and will be leaving tomororw morning

but my house is very small and so i have to sleep in the sofa of my living room coz i let them sleep in my bedroom. As they wake up very early, my mum already told them that I have to work today and will wake up at 8 am and leave at 8:30 am, hinting that they better not to wake up at that time to allow me to use the bathroom etc. But however they came out of their bedroom at 8 am sharp today, and told me that I can use the bathroom since they have finished , but oh god, i don't only need the bathroom, i need to use the living room/kitchen etc but however the hubby went straight to the kitchen to boil hot water and make breakfast (it is reasonable if they have some place to go, but however, they already said they will stay at home today as they need to pack their luggage) so why to "board my way", especially when my mum told them that my boss is very fierce

the wife then asked me where she can buy a 筆座, I told my mum to take her there, but she was still asking ......... and when I left before 8:30 pm, the hubby still is not smart enough to ask me why I left so early

may be i gonna post you a photo of this great friend after I have time to develop the film, I also took photos with a big black dog

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #141
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
I thought I was going to see some spendid landscapes as big waterfalls, houses that are more beautiful than those I saw every day, but however i only saw landscapes which we could see in New Territories but just bigger , mostly just trees and since the top of the train is half transparent and it was very sunny, we all felt very uneasy
No glacier?

Quote:
but Zermett is quite good
don't know about this town

Quote:
you are right, an old couple who are the friend of my mum, is taking a cruise trip from Canada and stopped by to visit my mum, they stayed there for 5 days and will be leaving tomororw morning

but my house is very small and so i have to sleep in the sofa of my living room coz i let them sleep in my bedroom. As they wake up very early, my mum already told them that I have to work today and will wake up at 8 am and leave at 8:30 am, hinting that they better not to wake up at that time to allow me to use the bathroom etc. But however they came out of their bedroom at 8 am sharp today, and told me that I can use the bathroom since they have finished , but oh god, i don't only need the bathroom, i need to use the living room/kitchen etc but however the hubby went straight to the kitchen to boil hot water and make breakfast (it is reasonable if they have some place to go, but however, they already said they will stay at home today as they need to pack their luggage) so why to "board my way", especially when my mum told them that my boss is very fierce

the wife then asked me where she can buy a 筆座, I told my mum to take her there, but she was still asking ......... and when I left before 8:30 pm, the hubby still is not smart enough to ask me why I left so early

may be i gonna post you a photo of this great friend after I have time to develop the film, I also took photos with a big black dog
Are the couple from Canada? It's not easy to change the habit of old people.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:15 AM   #142
country flag Mimi

Quote:
No glacier?

don't know about this town

Are the couple from Canada? It's not easy to change the habit of old people.
no la, i guess not cold enough . But I saw glacier at "Aletsch Glacier". Zermatt is an enviromental friendly city, only "enviormental friendly" cars are allowed, very peaceful and beautiful

yes, they are from Vancouver. Actually they are very nice people, and brought us many souvenir and insisted to pay for the costs of the food, but just wake up too early

Old 10-10-2009, 04:31 AM   #143
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

They probably live in Vancouver for a long time and not used to the way people in Hong Kong rushing all the time. I had a hard time with the pace myself when I visit.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:55 AM   #144
country flag Mimi

Quote:
They probably live in Vancouver for a long time and not used to the way people in Hong Kong rushing all the time. I had a hard time with the pace myself when I visit.
yes, they immigrated there since 1950's, but they are very cautious about going to airport, despite that i told them that 1 hour of travel would be enough i.e. heads out at 10 am, they headed out at 9 am

they showed us the photos of their house, her gardens are full of beautiful flowers, fruits as apples/pears/grapes ...... have you grow any plants in your garden?

and my mum just told me that they left HK$1,000 in her drawer secretly, all together, they gave us $2,500, so I am now rushing to to buy a crystal product and mail it to them later coz its no good to take so much monies from them, bye Lee, have a nice weekend

Old 10-10-2009, 05:02 AM   #145
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
yes, they immigrated there since 1950's, but they are very cautious about going to airport, despite that i told them that 1 hour of travel would be enough i.e. heads out at 10 am, they headed out at 9 am

they showed us the photos of their house, her gardens are full of beautiful flowers, fruits as apples/pears/grapes ...... have you grow any plants in your garden?

and my mum just told me that they left HK$1,000 in her drawer secretly, all together, they gave us $2,500, so I am now rushing to to buy a crystal product and mail it to them later coz its no good to take so much monies from them, bye Lee, have a nice weekend
Becareful with the value of the gift, they may be taxed heavily to receive it.

My hubby loves gardening. Here we can grow citric fruits like orange, lemon, lime, tangerine, etc. In Canada, we grow apples. There are many fruits that grows in Vancouver. My relatives grow pears, apples, blueberries, cherries, etc.

You have a nice weekend too.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:39 AM   #146
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Becareful with the value of the gift, they may be taxed heavily to receive it.

My hubby loves gardening. Here we can grow citric fruits like orange, lemon, lime, tangerine, etc. In Canada, we grow apples. There are many fruits that grows in Vancouver. My relatives grow pears, apples, blueberries, cherries, etc.

You have a nice weekend too.
oh thanks, how come the receiver of the gift has to pay tax? its totally unfaiir The gift is not very expensive, just HK$500, its a crystal tulip in red colour which I bought at Swan??? (forgot how to spell, we HK people call it 天鵝牌)

by the way, congratulations to your Nole on winning the China Open

Old 10-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #147
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Canadian citizens can receive gift within a certain among. Over the limit, they have to pay tax before they can pick up the package. That's to avoid people claiming merchandises they bought as gift to aviod paying sales taxes, etc. Even when we travel, the souvenirs we bought have a limit on value, over the amount, we have to pay tax upon returning.

Also, the custom may not rely on the monetary amount you claim on the package. The tax may be based on the equivalent value for a similar product to be bought in Canada. e.g. it may cost you HK$500 but it may be sold at CAD200. Then, the tax will base on CAD200 in Canada.

Not long after we immigrated to Canada, my in-laws had my brother brought back to Canada (he visited HK for a wedding) dozens of cotton underwears for hubby. The tax ended up more expensive than the cost and hubby didn't wear them AT ALL. We dared not tell our in-laws.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:42 AM   #148
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

And thanks Mimi. The match started at 12:30am my time and with the rain delay and all that, I was awake all night. But the victory worths it.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:42 AM   #149
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Canadian citizens can receive gift within a certain among. Over the limit, they have to pay tax before they can pick up the package. That's to avoid people claiming merchandises they bought as gift to aviod paying sales taxes, etc. Even when we travel, the souvenirs we bought have a limit on value, over the amount, we have to pay tax upon returning.

Also, the custom may not rely on the monetary amount you claim on the package. The tax may be based on the equivalent value for a similar product to be bought in Canada. e.g. it may cost you HK$500 but it may be sold at CAD200. Then, the tax will base on CAD200 in Canada.

Not long after we immigrated to Canada, my in-laws had my brother brought back to Canada (he visited HK for a wedding) dozens of cotton underwears for hubby. The tax ended up more expensive than the cost and hubby didn't wear them AT ALL. We dared not tell our in-laws.
thanks, oh my god, this is not fair, I really am afraid that my mum's poor friend has to pay tax, my purpose is to give back, not to let her pay more

Old 10-12-2009, 04:44 AM   #150
country flag Mimi

Quote:
And thanks Mimi. The match started at 12:30am my time and with the rain delay and all that, I was awake all night. But the victory worths it.
i do think the rain delay helped Nole a bit, he was struggling to hold his serve in the first game, and Cilic was attacking, the rains slowed Cilic a bit

and i almost never saw Cilic smile, thats why I like Nole more, he is always cheerful, gracious on defeat and entertaining