Anyone familiar with the old Wilson Triad 5.5? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-19-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
country flag Juan Cruz

Juan Cruz is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone familiar with the old Wilson Triad 5.5?

A friend of mine recently passed on to me an old Wilson Triad 5.5 racquet and I love the whole feel of the thing. I currently play with an Prince EXO3 Red and I have to say, I found the Triad much more flexible and controllable.

Only thing is, I have no idea of the specs of this racquet and would want to know more about it. Currently, all I have is the head size (106) and the length (27.5). Would appreciate it if someone could give me the weight (certainly feels lighter than the EXO), swing weight, balance etc. Reason being, I would like to get a new racquet with, more or less, the same specs as this.

The Prince is great, don't get me wrong, but I find myself holding back my swing because it is just to powerful. The Medium power rating is an understatement...

Any advise on a similar racquet to the Triad?
Juan Cruz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone familiar with the old Wilson Triad 5.5?

i'm not really that familiar with the triad range. i would say the triad 5.5 would probably weigh in at around 270 unstrung. because of the triad system those rackets were always very flexible at the throat, hence you get a feeling of comfort and control despite the light weight and head light balance
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
country flag Juan Cruz

Thanks again, Jazar. Tried posting the same question in other tennis forums and it seems no one is that familiar with this line at all. What year do you reckon these racquets were introduced?

An idea of a similar racquet that I can get my hands on today?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:25 AM   #4
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

i reckon they were introduced around 2002/2003. but wilson still have the triad technology in some of their current frames. the most similar to your current racket would be the k5, which comes in 2 headsizes (108 sq inch and 98 sq inch) and weighs around 270g.
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #5
country flag Juan Cruz

Thanks!
Old 05-21-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
country flag raymondtehcc

raymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond reputeraymondtehcc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazar View Post
i reckon they were introduced around 2002/2003. but wilson still have the triad technology in some of their current frames. the most similar to your current racket would be the k5, which comes in 2 headsizes (108 sq inch and 98 sq inch) and weighs around 270g.
Wilson Triad tennis racquet are now replace by the nCode and K Factor technology introduced by Wilson which can produce more power and stability than the ordinary racquet. So we cant find the new Triad racquet anymore.
Is it really true that Triad more stable than your Prince o3?
You can look for new Wilson K Factor or nCode(Cheaper) racquet to replace the Triad.