Baby, It's all white now...Wimbledon time! Seeded 14th! Well that didn't last long :( - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #61
country flag SheLikesToDisco

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marat at Queen's/AEGON Championships

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytattoo View Post
... currently umpiring the men's final ...

Mohamed Lahyani.
I hope someone can top my experience with Mo Lay..last year I saw him at Wimbledon and I stalked him with my phone until he turned around and was like hello! Told him I loved him and had my pic taken with him. So easy to talk to him and he's so
Mo is loved by all especially the top players

Official Apprentice and Fashion Stylist of The Domik of Dinara Disciples
SheLikesToDisco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2009, 06:40 PM   #62
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheLikesToDisco View Post
I hope someone can top my experience with Mo Lay..last year I saw him at Wimbledon and I stalked him with my phone until he turned around and was like hello! Told him I loved him and had my pic taken with him. So easy to talk to him and he's so
Mo is loved by all especially the top players
Who could possibly top that unless they were trapped in a lift alone with him for a few hours? Jealousy doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling!
monkey247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:48 PM   #63
country flag monkey247

monkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond reputemonkey247 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Told him I loved him
What did he say? Did he blush?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:56 PM   #64
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Told him I loved him and had my pic taken with him.
I hope you know that we wanna see that pic now, do you?
rica87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #65

SheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond reputeSheLikesToDisco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What did he say? Did he blush?
He was so modest but loving it really like 'Oh little old me? Noo '

Old 06-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica87 View Post
I hope you know that we wanna see that pic now, do you?
Nooooo, I had a sunburnt nose But this year I will stalk him and hopefully I can get another photo with a less red me

I think Mo Lay is the ying to Marat's yang, perfect player/umpire combination!

Old 06-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #67
country flag monkey247

Quote:
Nooooo, I had a sunburnt nose
Well, could you post just the Mo half maybe? or were you wedged under his chin or something?

Quote:
Tennis doesn't get much better than ... MoMarat?
Old 06-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #68
country flag monkey247

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
The difference with Marat and his dealings with umpires is that he gets angry, sure, but I've never seen him be personally abusive towards them, unlike some other players.
I get the impression that most umpires enjoy (even prefer?) officiating at Marat's matches, except maybe Pascal Maria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helen10 View Post
Incidentally, I'm hoping Marat might play at the Boodles exhibition tournament for some grass match practice...
Last year he was at Hurlingham but, whichever, he needs some grass practice pronto.

http://www.tonygamble.org/seniors08players/
Old 06-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #69
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nooooo, I had a sunburnt nose But this year I will stalk him and hopefully I can get another photo with a less red me
ok, ok I'll wait!

Quote:
true! pretty good match! and as you said: there are lots of players who respect Layhani really much! Rafa once said in a roundabout way that he is his favourite umpire.

Quote:
Last year he was at Hurlingham but, whichever, he needs some grass practice pronto.

http://www.tonygamble.org/seniors08players/
thank you for the pics!!!

Last edited by rica87 : 06-14-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:52 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by rica87 View Post
ok, ok I'll wait!

true! pretty good match! and as you said: there are lots of players who respect Layhani really much! Rafa once said in a roundabout way that he is his favourite umpire.
Yep even Roger mentioned Mo being his fav. It's the soft but firm approach and if you want to know more just look here Mo-the best umpire ever!

Here's the pic..btw Mo Lay likes to put his hand around your waist, just giving you the heads up

Old 06-14-2009, 08:21 PM   #71
country flag rica87

Quote:
It's the soft but firm approach and if you want to know more just look here Mo-the best umpire ever!
good, really good!

Quote:
Here's the pic..btw Mo Lay likes to put his hand around your waist, just giving you the heads up

thanks!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:10 PM   #72
country flag monkey247

Wonderful pic and link, thank you!

Quote:
It's the soft but firm approach ... btw Mo Lay likes to put his hand around your waist, just giving you the heads up
Now that's what I'm talking about. 15 quid grounds admission + a soft, firm Mo-grope = damned good value.

Micro-article on Marat at Queens

Make the most of Marat by Clarabella Bevis

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-part-2#page/7

"There was little opportunity to see the ever-popular Russian, Marat Safin, in play: he withdrew very early in the tournament with injury (one of a growing list that also included Sebastien Grosjean and Gael Monfils). But there he was, on the practice courts, clearly having a lot of fun with fellow players and showing no physical problems. It was the relaxed Safin seldom seen in competition, and he will surely miss this camaraderie if he decides to walk away from tennis at the end of the year."

She obviously didn't buy it either.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #73
country flag monkey247

On the Hurlingham Club website, a possible confirmation? Marat is second, below Pernfors: http://www.fortistennisclassic.com/P...stingPage.aspx
Old 06-15-2009, 01:24 AM   #74
country flag maratsmaiden

maratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond reputemaratsmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
On the Hurlingham Club website, a possible confirmation? Marat is second, below Pernfors: http://www.fortistennisclassic.com/P...stingPage.aspx
Nice! Thanks for finding the superstitious part of me is very happy!
Old 06-15-2009, 04:39 AM   #75
country flag helen10

helen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond reputehelen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks - I'd forgotten he played in Chelsea last year. Great to hear he's getting some practice at last!
helen10 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote