Update: Pete Sampras vs. Andre Agassi Oct.25 2009 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:33 AM   #46
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update: Pete Sampras vs. Andre Agassi Oct.25 2009

But at the same time, I found slow moving curling a fun one to watch too. It's more like playing chess (mentally) on ice but more physically challenging.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 04:41 AM   #47
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like games which can get a score too quickly, like basketball, not easy to watch

bye for now, prepare to go for lunch

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #48
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

some news on that future match,
i posted it in Andre's section too

Charity Auction For Agassi, Sampras Items
By Tennis Week
Wednesday, July 22, 2009

They are two of the greatest Grand Slam champions of all time and when Andre Agassi and Pete Sampras renew their rivalry on October 25 in Macao, you can come between the former World No. 1 players — as the official coin tosser.

Agassi and Sampras will square off on October 25 at the 15,000-seat CotaiArena in their first clash in seven years at The Venetian Macao Tennis Showdown 2009. On the same bill, rising young talents Yuki Bhambri from India and Ryan Harrison from the United States will face off in singles followed by a doubles match with all four players competing. Sampras, who has played on the senior circuit since last year, suggested the rivarly renewal could be the first in what he hopes will be more matches between the Grand Slam champions.

"I keep active and focused and play a few exhibitions. I am curious to play Andre; it has been many years since we last played," Sampras said. "We are both preparing and I know we both want to do well. I’m excited and hope this will be the start of something between the two of us."

The Macao event is supporting the "Andre Agassi Foundation" and Sampras’ "Aces for Charity" program. The event also supports the "Make-a-Wish Foundation Hong Kong-Macao" and its mission to grant wishes to children suffering from life-threatening illnesses. In the first event in 2007, the Showdown raised almost $200,000 in an online charity auction.

A similar auction will be launched this year and organizers announced a long list of items to be won by successful bidders.

Twenty nine personally signed items or memorabilia are to be auctioned, all of which have nostalgic or historic value. Prizes include autographed Sampras and Agassi shirts, shoes and rackets, and three priceless coin toss experiences for the three matches. Fans also have the rare opportunity to hit exclusively with Harrison and/or Bhambri in two twenty minute sessions. A bonus for each winner will be the chance to invite a guest to join them. The online auction can be found here.

Harrison, a 17-year-old Texan, recently won his first professional event in Chico, California, sweeping all before him as an unseeded entry, without the loss of a set. Harrison was also nominated as hitting partner to the U.S Davis Cup, captained by Patrick McEnroe, in the recent tie against Croatia. In Macao Harrison will square off against Bhambri, who won won his third professional event on Sunday July 5th as he continues his meteoric rise. He currently ranks as the No. 1 junior in the world, having already won the Orange Bowl in 2008 and the Australian Open title earlier this year.

The Venetian Macao Tennis Showdown 2009 is the third in the line of stellar events held in the former Portuguese enclave. The first in 2007 featured two of the best players in history, Roger Federer versus Pete Sampras, and the second in 2008 featured McEnroe, Borg, Federer and James Blake. Agassi vs. Sampras in 2009 continues the tradition.

Sampras said he hopes this is the first in a potential series of exhibitions with Agassi.

"I'd love to play against Andre. It's a great ticket to come watch us both play, and hopefully we can do some more next year," Sampras said. "I'm open to it. We'll see if Andre is into it. We're doing one this year. We'll see how it goes. We'll go from there."

Tickets for the Showdown are on sale and can be bought online at www.cotaiticketing.com , by phone at +853 2882 8818 (Macao) and +852 6333 6660 (Hong Kong), or in person at Sands Macao Lobby and CotaiArena Box Office. More than half of the 15,000-seat stadium has already sold out.

"The interest is this event is terrific, and given we are only in early July demand for tickets is high," Nick Freyer, Senior Vice President, Head of Tennis, IMG Asia, said. "We very much hope fans join in the spirit of the tennis auction, it will bring joy to the winners, but more joy to the deserving recipients of the auction."
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #49
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

thank you very much Stephen for the article

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:07 AM   #50
country flag Greg-Pete fan

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article I can`t wait this match

ANDRE AGASSI - legendary Pete`s opponent

ROGER FEDERER - great champion, but...

SAMPRAS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN FEDERER

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Greg-Pete fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:20 AM   #51
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Pete fan View Post
Nice article I can`t wait this match
how are you Greg ? did you travel?

Old 07-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #52

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute

Hi mimi

I didn`t travel, but I`m planning to go at the seaside in the first half of August

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Old 07-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #53
country flag Stephan

Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute

i'm not sure that Andre is seriously preparing himself for that match,
just recently he lost to Delgado ...
Stephan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 03:24 AM   #54
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Pete fan View Post
Hi mimi

I didn`t travel, but I`m planning to go at the seaside in the first half of August
I see, I may travel in September/October, but don't know if the tour will form, coz one friend wanted to visit Germany's "Romatic road", while me and the other 2 wanted to visit Switzerland, i wanted to take the "Glacier Express"

Old 07-24-2009, 03:26 AM   #55
country flag Mimi

don't worry, Stephen, both Agassi and Sampras are great champions, this is just an exhibition match, the results are not that important

Old 10-25-2009, 08:14 AM   #56

This great match will be... TODAY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (57.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (60.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (61.2 KB, 0 views)