Update: Pete Sampras vs. Andre Agassi Oct.25 2009 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:51 AM   #31
country flag Greg-Pete fan

Greg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond reputeGreg-Pete fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Update: Pete Sampras vs. Andre Agassi Oct.25 2009

Only Eurosport mimi

Don`t worry, Roger won`t win the title and didn`t equal Pete`a record. In the semifinal he will probably meet Djoko and it will be very tough match for him. Verdasco is also a tough player to beat, but I think Rafa should defeat him in 4 sets.

ANDRE AGASSI - legendary Pete`s opponent

ROGER FEDERER - great champion, but...

SAMPRAS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN FEDERER

Do you miss 1990s tennis? Please look here http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=96045
Greg-Pete fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2009, 09:57 AM   #32
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

I have subscribed for this Eurosport channel, but no FO coverage , it belongs to another local cable tv

i hope i can be as confident as you, didn't our Pete said Roger will win Wimby this year?

as for Nole, his form is not always that consistent, he could either lose in early rounds or go very deep, so can't rely on him to beat Roger, he only has clay clowns as Blake and Roddick on his draw, while all clay "experts" as Ferrer/Davydenko/Nando/Almargo are in Rafa's side

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #33
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

and also the horrible Soldering is also in rafa's quarter, and the bad French fans may boo poor rafa off from his title, they hate him

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #34
country flag Mimi

rafa needed more than 2 hours to get past the unknown opponent, pff, he has 32 uneforced errors, he will be out in the next round

Old 05-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #35
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi View Post
rafa needed more than 2 hours to get past the unknown opponent, pff, he has 32 uneforced errors, he will be out in the next round
You're spilling nonsense here

Daniel is a very good player on clay. He was top Brasilian player until he was injured and slowly getting back to a better form.

And you forgot it's slam, they play best of 5 matches on clay where 2 hours are very common and reasonable unless it's a total destruction of another player. May be that's what you expect from Nadal in every matches but please give some respect to other players. It's reasonable to worry about your favourite player to lose but whining when your player won in straight sets is really over the top.

Sorry if I take your post too seriously but it's really tiring hearing all these from Rafa fans, not just you, when his record is 41-4 so far this season and only lost 1 match on clay after a draining SF.

Last edited by Lee : 05-26-2009 at 11:28 AM.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 AM   #36
country flag Mimi

sorry Lee, you know, I am an old crying baby, you know, with Rafa's injury prone body and hard fighting style, he may not last till 25, so he has to win as much slams as possible in these 2 years, otherwise his slam records will finish at just 6, while old mimi wants him to get 10

Old 05-27-2009, 02:39 AM   #37
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I still don't understand where the "injury prone" body theory comes from. Being a professional athlete, there will always be wear and tear, every players have them. And Nadal, who turned pro in 2001, hasn't had any major injury that sideline him for a long period of time in the last 8 years. Look at Guga, Haas, Norman and some less known players like Alves, Nieminen and even now Nishikori. They all suffered injuries that took them out of playing for at least half the season (and the latest injury for Nieminen is the 2nd time) Coria and Gaudio.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:49 AM   #38
country flag Mimi

well, may be rafa's injuries are not as serious as them, but he has a lot too, especially when compared with the almost no injury Roger: he missed 03 and 04 FO, 04 wimby, 06 AO, 05 and 08 year end championships too

Old 05-27-2009, 03:15 AM   #39
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
well, may be rafa's injuries are not as serious as them, but he has a lot too, especially when compared with the almost no injury Roger: he missed 03 and 04 FO, 04 wimby, 06 AO, 05 and 08 year end championships too
blame all those little time off because of his insane clay schedule
Old 05-27-2009, 03:24 AM   #40
country flag Mimi

and one more too

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeleni View Post
Today I read an article in biggest Serbian daily about Michal Novotný, Czech guy who is introduced as the world leading physiotherapist for tennis who has been working with all top players (including Nadal) for years, and he still works with him. He was giving help to both Rafa and Nole in that Madrid SF recently...

Basically, article is retold interview, with quotes, that Novotny gave to Czech daily "MF DNes". So I found original.

I know many "experts" have been saying the same about Rafa's knees for ages, but coming from this guy is something else, I guess...

Another interesting thing he told is that Rafa has very muscular legs which is fine, but his feet are small which causes problems.

Discuss.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:15 AM   #41
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
and one more too
mimi, 3 years later, Nadal will be 26. Usually, human beings start to decline physically after they hit 25. I don't have to be Nadal's physiotherapist to predict something like that. Look at Sampras and Federer once that turned 26, 27. And since Nadal mature physically earlier than others (looked at his body when he was 16, compare with most 16 years old boy), it's likely that he would decline physically earlier.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:17 AM   #42
country flag Mimi

I see, thanks Lee, tennis carrer is so short

Old 05-27-2009, 04:24 AM   #43
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
I see, thanks Lee, tennis carrer is so short
That's why kids in US rather play baseball. Paid better and has a longer career. Shorter season and team sport. Easier on your body. And at least stay in the same continent during playing season and usually won't be away from home for more than 2 weeks.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:26 AM   #44
country flag Mimi

baseball, and Amercial football, basketballs, snookers, ice hockey? all are borings for me, i only like gymastics, diving and tennis

and pete still won slams at almost 29 (00 wimby) and his last one at 31, he has a better body than Rafa

And Agassis is the best, playing till 36

Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 AM   #45
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

You are kidding me when you say ice hockey boring. It's soooo fast and exciting.