Djokovic is technically the most complete baseliner today - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:04 AM   #16
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic is technically the most complete baseliner today

i take it everyone agrees.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #17
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

not smart enough to judge their skills, but i believe you since you are a very fair poster

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:10 AM   #18
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

gotta love the fact that the MOST complete baseliner doesn't even have a proper slice

Arsen
habibko is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:17 AM   #19

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

hello mimi.

let us compare djokovic to other top players:

forehand:

nadal has a better forehand on clay, though on hardcourts i would give djoko the edge.
djokovic has a better forehand than murray
federer's forehand is an abomination as of this year. no comparison necessary

backhand:

nadal has been firing his crosscourt backhand lately, though i would give djokovic the edge in this department.
murray arguably has the best 2 handed backhand today. i would say djokovic is on par with him.
federer's backhand... next.

serve:

djokovic has a better serve than nadal.
murray has improved his serve, maybe he's on par with djokovic now.
federer's serve is pretty much what's keeping him alive. it's hard to read and that's its main advantage. though the consistency is dropping. djokovic takes it.

movement:

nadal is a better mover on all surfaces
murray anticipates as if he reads minds, no comparison possible.
federer has gotten lazy. djokovic clearly moves better than him on any surface.

return of serve:

djokovic is the best returner today.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #20

hello habib.

u might not have noticed but djokovic is using his backhand slice with increased frequency both as a defenive shot and as an attacking shot preceding a net approach. it is one key part of his backhand that i left out in my review, accidentally as it slipped my mind.
Quote:
Old 05-13-2009, 08:22 AM   #21
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
hello habib.

u might not have noticed but djokovic is using his backhand slice with increased frequency both as a defenive shot and as an attacking shot preceding a net approach. it is one key part of his backhand that i left out in my review, accidentally as it slipped my mind.
it wasn't accidental my friend, you can't remember what doesn't exist.

his horrendous attempt of a slice sits up like a lazy chicken on labor.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:23 AM   #22
country flag habibko

no Nadal and Murray are better returners than Djokovic, and Federer's serve is the best among all the top 4, no comparison.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:24 AM   #23
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hello habib.

I'm afraid you're mistaken, Fakervic can't hit an attacking slice.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:36 AM   #24
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

You just love to start sh1t don't you ?

I can hear the flow of vCash. Unless you are being too obvious
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
country flag vamosinator
Banned!

vamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh but he should. u are missing out on the psychological aspect of the game. the winner is determined by slight differences, sometimes a little extra confidence can go a long way.

either way, both djokovic and murray have the tools to take him out in a hardcourt match
Yeah Del Potro really psyched everyone out with all those hardcourt wins oh wait he psyched himself out

Give these guys all the wins they want, they won't scare anyone in the slams
vamosinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #26
country flag vamosinator
Banned!

vamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond reputevamosinator has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone has the tools to take anyone out, look at Murray, we've seen he has the tools to beat Federer, but he crumbled in the only match that mattered, and if Murray meets Federer again in a GS Final I'd still put my money on Federer owning him mentally and winning in straight sets again.

After seeing Murray being wiped off the court by Nadal in windy conditions it shows how fragile he is, just put him in a GS Final or make him play in breezy conditions, thats all it takes.
vamosinator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
it wasn't accidental my friend, you can't remember what doesn't exist.

his horrendous attempt of a slice sits up like a lazy chicken on labor.
federer slices because he must. he can't cope with the finishing power of djokovic, nadal or andy murray, respectivelly.

djokovic needs not slice as much, though it is a shot he is developing as we speak.
Quote:
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by habibko View Post
no Nadal and Murray are better returners than Djokovic, and Federer's serve is the best among all the top 4, no comparison.
nadal, perhaps if you look at quantity over quality.

murray is also up there, but i have made my choice with djokovic.

as for federer's serve, i have stated why i don't rank it #1
Quote:
Old 05-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #29
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i don't think nadal will want to skip events and lose the momentum. after all, the momentum he gathered starting from the clay season is what got him his first wimbledon and the #1 ranking last year.

physical and even mental fatigue is natural for any tennis player, even one of spartan origin.

good point. i could not agree more. he thrives on that clay season momentum and confidence. that is what takes him straight into Wimby with a highly tuned up ground game and a ton of confidence.

but back to the topic in question: Nole is quite rock solid off the ground. being just 21, he still has a huge upside.

now that you throw in the word "technically", he is right up there near the top. could be a little more consistent and could have a better slice. all that is coming.
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #30
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

What means technically? If we exclude movement on court? I can't see how you would rate the Baseline Game of Djokovic above Nadal overall. If you subtract the athletic supremacy of Nadal by calling it non-technical, then I would agree that Nole is the best at the moment.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote