Re: Ideas for the Australian summer and beyond
Optus 16s:- U16 players not strong enough, too weak to be back-ups at Top Level imo;
- Yes stream the finals
- Yes, get rid. ITF for over 16's so no need for National U18. WC playoff should simply become a bigger draw - Yes
Wildcard playoff:- Revert back to best-of-three sets. Qualifying is easier at 3-sets, why bother with playing in the WC play-off
- Bigger draw. 28 - only if 3 sets.
- Multiple wildcards to be won. Yes - into AO qualies perhaps for lesser ranked players.
Hopman Cup:- Not a fan of ex-players inane comments and bored looks.
- Watching on ABC ok with me.
- Try and get this tournament to become a 500. Need to make this a bigger event to attract the non-hardcore tennis public
- Get rid. Yes. Grasscourt facility for DC - not a fan, like to spread DC around Oz a bit - in bigger centres
- This should take place in the second week of the Australian Open - maybe. Have just seen all the international players play in earlier tournaments and Oz Open. Need to keep some "local" points for the Aussie players to progress. More of AO money/profit put into local events - a definite YES.
- Try and get the semi's and finals televised on ABC or SBS.
Mini grass tour:
- To be staged at Kooyong. I'm ok with this
- Televise final perhaps.
Followed by -
15K F at Mildura on grass - Make them Challangers if possible
15K F at ? on grass:
Occasional home Davis Cup tie at Wimbledon:
- Will not promote tennis in Australia.
Hewitt, Tomic, Matosevic, Groth, Jones, JP Smith, Matty Reid, Barton, Duckworth, Kubler, Kyrgios, Bolt, Kokkinakis, Polansky and James Ward
Last edited by RustyOz : 10-23-2014 at 03:03 AM.