visual thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #31
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: visual thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ictmee View Post
I'd like to see some bird photos too Di! I'll see if I can find some of mine to trade...

After I wrote this post

I decided to try and get a "light all night" shot (with my crap point and shoot camera)
So here it is - this was taken at 23.45 last Saturday night from a hill looking north over Inverness towards the eternal sunset

yes I did have to photoshop it a bit but not too much!

Similar viewpoint in daylight ~ found one with sheep just for Scotty

Love the photos

Just a small selection of my bird photos

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=f6c99fabe1

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #32
country flag port37

port37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond reputeport37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visual thread

They're lovely photos Di, thanks for sharing
Old 09-27-2009, 11:39 AM   #33
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

By popular demand (someone asked me!) here are some pics of my collection of pets

The elder statesman, Velcro

The young troublemaker, Lucky, in her favourite place

Both of them sunbathing

Both of them wondering where the sun has gone

The stray cat who drops by at teatime, Moonface

And Hedgey who sometimes gets in first

Jeremy, the famous dog-herding cat

and just because this is meant to be a visual thread, here's a shot of cat paradise from a nearby hill

And a recent sunset from my garden

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #34
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Les your cats are gorgeous,thank you so much for sharing

Old 09-27-2009, 07:20 PM   #35
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Di! Only the black ones are "mine" (I've had them both since they were born but I belong to them more than they belong to me) the others are randoms who turn up for food sometimes! I'll try to find a pic of the pheasant who also visits occasionally!

Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 PM   #36
country flag Elena.

Elena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond reputeElena. has a reputation beyond repute

I luv your pics MsTree !
Elena. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #37
country flag but-it's-ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
By popular demand (someone asked me!) here are some pics of my collection of pets

The elder statesman, Velcro

The young troublemaker, Lucky, in her favourite place

Les,don't worry I didn't think all the cats were yours,just the 2 black ones,but the others are gorgeous too even if they don't belong to you

I'd like to see your visiting pheasant

Old 09-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #38
country flag MsTree

I was worried you might think I'm the Cat Protection League!

I've been trying to feed Moonface as my neighbour (who seems to pick up all the strays, I think she feeds better than me) has a collection of cats who don't get on with him (Jeremy the famous dog-herding cat's one of hers). Lucky and Velc seemed to be quite cool with him (Velc even "sings" to him) but now Lucky's started pulling out her fur and I don't know if it's because of Moonface or not. It's a stress thing that calms down in time apparently and she's healthy in all other regards. Bit of a weird one and I'm not entirely sure what to do but I can't stop feeding Moonface now!

Thanks Lena! I just managed to rescue about 40Gb of photos from the hard drives of a broken PC so I'll be posting a heap more shortly!

And here's Limpy the pheasant, he hangs about in wintertime, we call him Limpy as we think he may have been in a fight with a cat, he can only put his weight on one leg He's bigger than my wee cat though and everybody feeds him!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #39
country flag MsTree

I've been uploading some pics to flickr

A while back I did some volunteering on Handa Island, a uninhabited island off the NW coast, it's run as a bird reserve with a seasonal warden in the summer The volunteers helped with bird monitoring and helping the visitors on to the island. It has no electricity, no roads, just loads of birds and heaps of good memories... These are all scans from slides so sorry for squintness and bits of cat hair and dust!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mstreee...7622466916782/

Willie the boatman

Me (!) taking the jetty to the boat (and Steven the boatman)

Aren't your toes itching to go for a paddle?

The Great Stack. Overflowing with fulmars, gulliemots, razorbills and puffins

Some big cliffs

Some even bigger cliffs

Fulmars

Skua chick hatching
I was out with the warden checking on the chicks and found this egg hatching! The parents were going daft, we had to wear hard hats and have a bamboo cane stuffed down the back of our jackets as skuas will try to attack the highest point (which would otherwise be your head!

And a skua in action at sunset

My other island photos aren't quite so birdy, more to come...

Old 10-06-2009, 04:03 AM   #40
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Oh mine. These cliff and beach and water are breathtakingly beautiful. You are a great photographer, Les.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:45 PM   #41
country flag MsTree

Aw thanks! I love weather and rocks (and paddling!)

Some more. I spent three fantastic summers on Shetland, it's a mental place, quite bleak and beautiful, mad things happen and music is everywhere It's very windy, fogbound a lot of the time in summer, nowhere is more than 3 miles from the sea and everyone has a boat.

Fair Isle is a tiny wee island between the archipelagos of Orkney and Shetland, a stomach churning 4 hour ferry trip on a boat that only takes about 15 passengers, designed to bob about like a cork (rather than sink!) I've done the ferry about four times (return) and only once managed not to be seasick. Once the sea was so bad I was convinced we were all going to die! There's a bird observatory there which every self respecting birder must visit at least once in a lifetime, I first went with the National Trust for Scotland to help with croft work and haymaking but loved it so much I stayed for weeks afterwards! It's a hard place to leave, and I've always cried my eyes out on the boat home
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mstreee...7622342031829/

The car ferry!

Sheep Rock

Fair Isle Kirk. Although the population is only 72 Fair Isle has two churches!

All the crofts are in the south of the island

The South Coast

The swimming pool!

The South Light on a stormy day

Sunset with sun pillar

Old 10-07-2009, 07:31 AM   #42
country flag but-it's-ok

Oh wow Les,spectacular scenery,stunning camera work Les,thanks for sharing I've never been close enough to see a chick hatch before,that must have been awesome. I know I'd be seasick on that ferry,but I'd put up with it to get to see the birds and awesome surroundings on Fair Isle

Thanks for Limpy too

Old 10-12-2009, 06:02 AM   #43
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. You've got some spectacular images. And some kinda creepy too, I mean those from the top of a cliff; I always get some dark scenario in my head when I see those kind of views. >_<
My favoutite is still the skua in action, as much for the action and setting captured as for the old argentic photo feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
And here's Limpy the pheasant, he hangs about in wintertime, we call him Limpy as we think he may have been in a fight with a cat, he can only put his weight on one leg
Don't be too sad, if the environment is healthy, natural selection will take care of him pretty soon.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #44
country flag MsTree

I think that may have happened already, he's normally hanging around by now

Seeing as the Skuas went down so well here's another couple, not quite good enough for flickr

This chick is probably only a day or two old. It's so sweet when you find one, or an empty egg that's hatched rather than predated, and when you turn round you'll more than likely see this

scary!

Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #45
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

We go camping at campsites in regional parks during summer, that's our idea of being outdoorsy . These campsites are so crowded with ppl most of the time, I often wonder what's the point, I don't feel any closer to nature when I'm surrounded by ppl. I love the nature you get to see there, Les, so peaceful.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote