Official retirement from Coria - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-29-2009, 05:39 PM   #16
country flag Sommarsverige
on clouds...

Sommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond reputeSommarsverige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Official retirement from Coria

Very, very sad to read this as definite

Of course I was somehow exepcting it and I am sure for Guille this is the right decision, but I will miss him a lot

All the best for your life after tennis, Guille

Pico Monaco ~ Edu Schwank ~ Stan Wawrinka ~ Dani Gimeno ~ David Marrero ~ Marc Lopez ~ Marco Chiudinelli ~ Marcel Granollers

I miss you on tour, Nors, Bjösse, Simon & Pim Pim
Sommarsverige is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 08:12 PM   #17
country flag Corina2605

Corina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond reputeCorina2605 has a reputation beyond repute

I am sad about this news, too. I have always liked to watch Guille play, he had a nice game.

I wish him all the best for his new period of life, may he have a happy family life

Good luck to Pico Monaco, Juan Chela, Gaston Gaudio, Machi Gonzalez, Edu Schwank, Fabio Fognini, Roger Federer, Marco Chiudinelli, Rafa Nadal, Juan-Carlos Ferrero, Fernando Verdasco, Tommy Robredo, David Ferrer and Marc Lopez

Vamos ARG DC team!!! 2011 is the year to win the title!!!! Vamos!!!
Corina2605 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:36 AM   #18
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

Bye, Guille, and thanks for all those years of magic.

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:07 AM   #19
country flag bournerdan

bournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond reputebournerdan has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Coria, you were without doubt one of the best players I ever saw play the game and you will be sorely missed.

I cannot help but think that if El Mago had gotten out and actually played a substantial amount of tennis in an attempt to come back then the wins would have started to come and the passion would have returned. I think it's a deep shame that obviously his heart wasn't in it because I believe if it had of been then he still had alot to offer the game. Anyway, I wish him all the luck in the world with whatever it is he chooses to do.
Fernando Gonzalez * Roger Federer * Tim Henman * Guillermo Coria * Pete Sampras * Andy Murray * David Nalbandian * Justine Henin * Pat Rafter * Andre Agassi * James Blake * Jo Wilfried Tsonga * Marcos Baghdatis * Boris Becker * Marat Safin * Mikhail Youzhny * Jimmy Connors * Lleyton Hewitt * Juan Carlos Ferrero * Sania Mirza * Kim Clijsters * John Mcenroe * Novak Djokovic
bournerdan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #20
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

I was actually expecting this for about a week. Something daze said stuck in my mind: Guille just wasn't interested anymore, which is fine. The skill wasn't the issue. The attitude and mindset he had win he was winning doesn't exists anymore, so it makes sense that the desire isn't there. Consider what other people play for; glory, status, just because they're really good, etc...Guille played for those things, but also for those things he mentioned in the 2004 RG final press conference. How many other players are giving their all for some shit like that? So once his quest for revenge ended, then it was a quest for glory. And he was able to play for that reason for a little while and it worked which was great. But later, as we learned from his interviews and things, he would ask himself in the middle of matches "why am I here?" Between '02 and '04, the answer would've been "I'm here to take this som'bitch's head to use as a plaque on my living room wall." Then 2007 Guille would ask '02 - '04 Guille "why would you wanna do that..." And '02 - '04 Guille would give '07 Guille a dumbfounded blank stare.
I think he got to a point where he was playing just to prove he could do it, and realized that wasn't necessary, and it isn't. I do honestly feel he cared about his fans too and wanted to give us something to cheer about. A year or so ago, I didn't want him to stop and I guess a lot of other fans didn't either. I guess because we knew the potential he possessed. But at least he gave it a try until he was absolutely certain.."dis ain't workin."

Anyway, I'll never forget =) at least his retirement will put an end to smartass "he's done" threads.

Thanks Guille. I learned a lot about people by being a fan and following your career so closely. I don't think I would've learned as much by being a Ferrero fan, a Nalbandian fan, a Roddick fan or litterally anyone else aside from Agassi.
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:36 AM   #21
country flag Pearl

Pearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond reputePearl has a reputation beyond repute

Buy, Guille...
God bless you!
Pearl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 AM   #22

With a strange French Open going on right now--players out of the Tournament that were expected to be in and players still in the Tournament that were expected to be out--it is natural I should return to this Forum. The F.O. was the first place I ever saw Guille play. I can't remember the exact year, but I can still see him gliding around on that clay like an ice skater on ice even to this very day! I wish him and his family health and happiness But I will always miss him
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #23
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

I find this very sad. I was never a big fan of him but since there is hardly anyone on the tour whom I find interesting, I was remembering Coria who had a magical game that I liked but never appreciated him enough when he was on the tour. I find it so sad that a guy who is in great shape just can't play tennis anymore. I hope he makes a killing in what ever he decides to do. He was a rare magical player and it's a shame he didn't have a career he really deserved.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote