Rafito finds Rome as brick, leaves it as marble(7-6,6-2)! Vamos Rome 2009 Campeón! - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #121
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa's Bakery today's special: Toad-in-the-hole (6-1,6-0)! Rome 2009 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manila ESQ View Post
thanks! my office computer does not allow installation of adobe flash so i can't access the scoreboards. anyway, i'll check this forum from time to time for updates.

good luck rafito!
ahh, that sucks

try this one, it's an html page

http://www.tennis.com/livescores/index.html (it crashes my firefox, best to try it on IE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2009, 05:57 PM   #122
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafa's Bakery today's special: Toad-in-the-hole (6-1,6-0)! Rome 2009 Thread

Nadal-Verdasco 6-3 6-3

Quote:
How far will Rafa go in Rome? (1000 points can be yours!)

1st - Bye
2nd - Arend, the natural
3rd -
QF - wildegirl05
SF - acionescu, tennizen, wacked82
F - Betty, Metis, Lena71, Troickitard
W - :bibcry:, adee-gee, Aenea, Aurora, born on clay, cmurray, DERO, DhammaTiger, Diorelli, Evita, Ex Lion Tamer, Foxy, Getta, Invisible, JolanGago, Laba, MariaV, Minn, nashty, rafa maniac, Ria, shawshank, SnooFoo, tangerine dream, TMJordan, wilmar, Xristos

wildegirl05: this is for you... because I know how much you love snakes

Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:07 PM   #123
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafael's Bell Tolls for Fernando(hemingway, not pervyway) (6-3,6-3)! Rome 2009 Th

poor nando hope it's nothing serious numpty

match stats

next up, gonzo or pico

rafa forum update: yours truly was in grave danger of getting kicked out of the nadal forum because nando strayed from the script that had been prepared for him both robin and i/me came very close to becoming persona non grata before rafa got his underwear off his ass and agreed to play within the lines of the tennis court

the was temporarily shelved for the for this eye-candy of a match. important side discussions about roger's hair, voldemort and dumbledore's gayness were kept going to keep folks distracted from the lack of winners claire confessed her deep love of rafito by jinxing nando.

next up is pico-the-muzza-killah or gonzo-the-mr.dulko. stay tuned
Quote:
Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #124
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
Nadal-Verdasco 6-3 6-3

wildegirl05: this is for you... because I know how much you love snakes

just what i like to see, my very own fail

thanks metis
Quote:
Old 05-01-2009, 06:14 PM   #125
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

Default Re: Rafael's Bell Tolls for Fernando(hemingway, not pervyway) (6-3,6-3)! Rome 2009 Th

some early pictures

Quote:
Old 05-01-2009, 06:22 PM   #126
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

rafa's transcript from the soderling match:

Quote:
Rafael Nadal

ROME, ITALY

R. NADAL/R. Soderling
6-1, 6-0

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Did you feel any cold out there, or when you run you don't even notice?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, for the player it's not cold. Maybe for the crowd, yes, but for us it was good conditions.

Q. The beginning of the match, the first two or three games, it looked like it was going to be a really slugfest from the back of the court, and then suddenly you just ran away with it. What happened in between the first two games and the rest of the match?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think the match was really tough. Not the result, but, yes, the match. Yeah, the beginning I was winning 4-1, but at the same time I can be losing 4-1, no?
Yeah, I think I played really well. One of my best matches on clay sure this year. I don't know of my career, but I'm playing at the very good level today, so I'm very happy. Very happy about my level today. Very happy about this victory.

Q. It was a great match with Verdasco at the Australian Open. Do you think that here can be somehow repeated even if it's best-of-three and different surface, or the clay helps you much more than it helps Verdasco?
RAFAEL NADAL: No, I think can be really tough match. Sure going to be a really tough match.
Yeah, I was close to lose in Australia. It was really emotional match. But, well, I gonna try to play my game tomorrow. Going to try to play aggressive and try to play like today. That's what I gonna try.
He have a very good forehand, good serve, and here the ball have a good topspin, and that can help him. But if I am playing my best, I hope have my chances to have the victory, no? So I going try to play aggressive and we will see.

Q. Is it slightly ominous that the top three seeds had very convincing victories today, more so than anybody else? Does it look like you three should be in the semifinals at the business end?
RAFAEL NADAL: I think we are in quarterfinals right now. We will see after tomorrow night if we are in semifinals or not.
source: http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=56059
Quote:
Old 05-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #127
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Good win for Rafa, although it is pity Nando finished the match that way.
I've got a question for you, guys. How exactly is Verdasco pronounced in Spanish? 'V'erdasco or 'B'erdasco? Thanks.
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
08.06.14 - Unsto99able!
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:47 PM   #128
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal!

Can't believe I missed playing MIT this tournament.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #129
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

some initial lines from rafa's presser (to be available online anything BUT asap such a useless site asap sports )
Quote:
NADAL: “I HAVE TO TRY TO PLAY MORE AGGRESSIVE”

After battling past fellow Spanish lefty Fernando Verdasco 6-3, 6-3 in the quarter-final, Rafael Nadal sounded a warning which will chill his future opponents to the bone - the undisputed king of clay intends to be more aggressive from hereon in…

“Difficult conditions! Last night the court was slow, the ball was heavy. Today was completely different. The ball was flying so much,” said Nadal, who played twice within the space of 20 hours. “I liked the conditions today. Last night (defeating Robin Soderling 6-1, 6-1) I played really well, and today I didn't play my best. I had some mistakes, especially in the second set. At the beginning, I had a lot of mistakes. The first set was okay, I did well. But the second, I had a little bit of luck as he made important mistakes in some important points. I made some mistakes, but that's tennis.”

“I did well when I had break points against,” continued Nadal, who saved a total of five. “The big difference is I played more aggressive in those moments. So that's what I have to try to do during all match tomorrow: play more aggressive. Today I played two or three metres behind the baseline, so I have to play more inside if I want to play a little bit better. That's the only thing, the most important thing for me right now. In the end, it's an attitude. It's okay to return four metres behind, because (Verdasco) had a very good kick and his topspin was very high. But after the return, I have to go inside and I have to play a long return, and the next ball I have to play inside, from the baseline, or one metre behind, not another time three metres. That was the mistake today. Normally I return from three metres and after I go inside, and today I didn't. I have to. If it's lefty or a righty, it doesn't matter.”
source: http://www.internazionalibnlditalia....=EN&IDNews=481
Quote:
Old 05-01-2009, 09:00 PM   #130
country flag wildegirl05
¡Hala Madrid!

OOP:

Stadio Pietrangeli:

starting at 1:30 p.m.
Novak Djokovic (SRB) vs Roger Federer (SUI)

not before 4 p.m.
Rafael Nadal vs Juan Monaco (ARG)(sorry picotards ) or Fernando Gonzalez (CHI)

source: http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/e...009/416/op.pdf
Quote:

Last edited by wildegirl05 : 05-02-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #131
country flag NaDALiTa

NaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond reputeNaDALiTa has a reputation beyond repute

OOps i've forgot to play at MIT btw I've would have put win just like 90% of the players!
Rafa is playing so well at the moment that it can't be other way!Can't wait to see him play Gonzo!

"It doesn't matter if you don't look as cool as the Ramones — you're never going to, anyway."Chris Martin.

+The White Stripes+The Strokes+The Libertines+

+MARAT SAFIN+rameez junaid+andy murray +vince spadea +diego hartfield +pti pote gustavo+willy cañas +Simone Bolelli+Jérémy ChardyOTHER ADDICTIONS:Liverpool F.C+Atletico Madrid+Arsenal F.C+Olympique Lyonnais+La Roja+
NaDALiTa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #132
country flag Seville

Seville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond reputeSeville has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
I've got a question for you, guys. How exactly is Verdasco pronounced in Spanish? 'V'erdasco or 'B'erdasco? Thanks.
Letters /b/ and /v/ are pronounced in modern Spanish as just one sound -[b]
Old 05-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #133
country flag sphiie

sphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond reputesphiie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seville View Post
Letters /b/ and /v/ are pronounced in modern Spanish as just one sound -[b]

sometimes I hear Rafael say "Vamooos" and not "Bamooos"
?

1 Australian open, 4 Roland garros, 1 Wimbledon... what's next?

36 TITLES

Ce gars est juste phénoméNadal...
sphiie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #134
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal-Gonzalez 6-3 6-3

Quote:
How far will Rafa go in Rome? (1000 points can be yours!)

1st - Bye
2nd - Arend, the natural
3rd -
QF - wildegirl05
SF - acionescu, tennizen, wacked82
F - Betty, Metis, Lena71, Troickitard
W - :bibcry:, adee-gee, Aenea, Aurora, born on clay, cmurray, DERO, DhammaTiger, Diorelli, Evita, Ex Lion Tamer, Foxy, Getta, Invisible, JolanGago, Laba, MariaV, Minn, nashty, rafa maniac, Ria, shawshank, SnooFoo, tangerine dream, TMJordan, wilmar, Xristos

acionescu, tennizen, wacked82: your grade is F(ail)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fail1.jpg (29.1 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by Metis : 05-02-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:42 PM   #135
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There was something in the air tonight, Fernando (6-3,6-3)! Rome 2009 Thread

Nadal!!

Tomorrow's final will be great. (I hope!)

I think Nadal is adding to his point lead, no?
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote