Roma - La Vita č Bella! (Sometimes :p) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #61
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roma - La Vita č Bella! (Sometimes :p)

Yeah... I think he is in good shape and is hitting the ball well. The problem is elsewhere..

Another thought.. Are Marat and Igor friends off court? Maybe since they are having similiar problems of late they can relate to one another. Maybe have some little heart to hearts, , etc.. HA HA!

Last edited by ad-out : 05-01-2009 at 04:00 PM.
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #62
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scoring Thread - Rome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
I can't believe somebody brought up 2000, he's 29 now for pete's sake, a guy who has had tonnes of injuries and an injury that has seriously aggrevated his career since mid 2005. In 2000, he was young, he had his whole career ahead of him and he was fresh and injury free.
The somebody didn't expect a little remark would be such a big deal. I suppose I should have phrased it another way, like "It seems so crazy to think he did win so many titles in a row, when you see how his matches go nowadays" and add another smiley.

re: Marat's problem, in a way i don't care anymore about what it is. It's his final year : if it's fitness or stuff he can work his ass, well, it's his choice to do it or not. If it's mental (which it seems to be, at least mostly), well, either he can deal with it and have a decent last half-season, or he can't and maybe he should just stop hurting himself. I would'nt blame him.

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/

Last edited by luxsword : 04-29-2009 at 07:24 PM.
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:14 PM   #63
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roma - La Vita č Bella! (Sometimes :p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
Another thought.. Are Marat and Igor friends off court? Maybe since they are having similiar problems of late they can relate to one another. Maybe have some little heart to hearts, , etc.. HA HA!
Andreev is keeping little heart to hearts for Tursunov
mer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM   #64
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Steph, I didn't expect this from you. He plays really good tennis, he moves well, his shots are working. His game is much better than it was for the most parts of last 2 years. Which basically means that he's putting big effort (by his own standard) into practicing and keeping in shape and that he has a serious attidude. Saying that he doesn't bother, that he just easily goes from one tournament to another is silly to put it mildly. Yes, he's often guilty of lack of effort but it's definitely NOT the case in theset 3 matches which he simply couldn't close. The guy has a serious psyholigical problem and he needs help.
What else is new?
I seriously don't understand what's wrong with him at the moment. I mean, his last years were really awful and I found them frustrating because he was nowhere around the other guys' level and I couldn't picture him winning matches. But this year I agree with you, he's playing good tennis and has great shots. And leads, and gets SO close to win matches. And yet he doesn't. That's even more frustrating for me
I could understand the low confidence in 2007 and 2008 when he had no results. But this year it's 3 matches in a row when he dominates his opponent and should logically win and be confident, but instead of that he wastes these opportunities for no apparent reasons.
It's his last year, and given how bad he played in the previous ones nobody expects him to win anything big. So no pressure like he said himself repeatedly. He's playing well, he should just enjoy the moment. If he loses (loses, not chokes ), fine. If he wins, fine, it's an extra bonus for his last year. Instead of that he chokes. So either he doesn't care, either he's adding pressure where there's none. But I wouldn't call this a confidence slump, because he IS playing well, he IS close to win matches, and he CAN get results with his current games. There's no reason to be in doubt.
Last year I didn't have any hope because he obviously had no confidence and couldn't do anything good on court. This year he's different on court, he shows good thing, and it's the last year and he says there's no pressure, so the confidence should be back by now. How can you not feel confident at 6-2 4-1 30-30?

Psychological problems have always been there, whether he was doing good or bad. We've said many many times that he should see a shrink. Which he never did because that's probably not 'his thing'. Some did that, hired a mental coach etc. He didn't. That was his choice. Now it's the last year it's a little late to look for the solution to his problems in this area.

Just my thoughts
And I don't care if you find them silly. His current results look sillier to me than the ones he had last year, and the frustration bigger. I watched some of these matches too, I saw him play well, I was really pleased with his game and then I got the feeling he was just fucking kidding me.

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:40 AM   #65
country flag mer

mer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond reputemer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita View Post
It's his last year, and given how bad he played in the previous ones nobody expects him to win anything big. So no pressure like he said himself repeatedly. He's playing well, he should just enjoy the moment. If he loses (loses, not chokes ), fine. If he wins, fine, it's an extra bonus for his last year. Instead of that he chokes. So either he doesn't care, either he's adding pressure where there's none. But I wouldn't call this a confidence slump, because he IS playing well, he IS close to win matches, and he CAN get results with his current games. There's no reason to be in
doubt.
If he didn't care he wouldn't have a problem to close those matches. He would have won all 3 of them. Well, maybe not 3 of them, but the last one for sure. As for confidence, playing well is not enough for confidence. Winning matches is what gives you confidence. You say there is no reason to be in doubt. When you have double break but can't close the match, it will sure give you doubts next time. I don't believe that Marat has no pressure despite what he's saying. He says it to play down his chances, he doesn't want anybody to expect anything from him (as always). btw Tarpishev said some time ago that Marat is preparing very seriously for RG. Whatever Marat says or you say I can bet that Marat does want to have good results this year. How can he have no pressure and just enjoy the game if it's his last year? If it was just a usual year he could think ok, next. I'll have another chance at another tournamnet. This year every loss means less and less chances and the pressure at the next tournament gets bigger.
P.S I'm not saying that all of your thoughts are silly. It's 'he doesn't care' thing which bugs me. If he didn't care he wouldn't bother to practice and keep himself in shape, he would just lose easily in straights and go to next tournament.

Last edited by mer : 04-30-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #66
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

IROCHKA!! I missed what Tarpi said about Marat yesterday in his show. Did you watch, what did he say?

Nice discussion girls, I don't know what's wrong weith him either but I'd do anything to help if I could. And that's the most frustrating part that he IS playing better than last year, he is playing really well and still cannot close out those matches.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #67
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mer View Post
Mental issues are getting worse with age.
Oh gosh, really?
Old 04-30-2009, 08:25 AM   #68
country flag mer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
IROCHKA!! I missed what Tarpi said about Marat yesterday in his show. Did you watch, what did he say?
I missd it too

Quote:
Oh gosh, really?
really
Old 04-30-2009, 08:33 AM   #69
country flag MariaV

Thanks anyway, Ira.
I just want to hug him and miraculously make those whatever mental problems go away.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 AM   #70
country flag Meliana

Meliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond repute

Just my 2 cents (and then I'll shut up on this, I promise).
Didn't you ever had some part of your life where you desperately want to do well? Where no one sees a reason why you don't do well, or maybe even where everybody is telling you that you are doing fine, but some how for you that's not fine enough. And so you work, and you try, and you fight some more but it feels like you are stuck all the time, or that you get unlucky, and then you compare yourself to all the others who you think can do it so perfectly and you wish you were just like them, and you try to understand what is it that you can do different...
We've all had moments like that in our life, some last longer than others, some issues we can solve some it looks like we never will. Maybe this is one of his moments for him (for the reasons said above already: last year, he wants to do well, he might still have one last dream he wants badly to try his heart out to achieve). Maybe it's a family trait, lol, I remember Dinara saying this AO that she just wished someone would hit her in the head to see if all the cables would connect

o.k. Now I've finished with my homemade psychology on this
Meliana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:58 AM   #71
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Meliana (I can't rep you)
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:04 PM   #72
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

I'm thinking whether I should move all the recent discussions to the rome thread what do you guys think?
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #73
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh gosh, really?
*pat pat* You didn't know? I'm 26 and I've know this for 5 years.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote