Roma - La Vita č Bella! (Sometimes :p) - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #16
country flag Meliana

Meliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roma - La Vita č Bella! (Sometimes :p)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieNik View Post
they are warming up

Tommy looks ridiculous with this retro shirt. Marat has hair and a goatie
I had to laugh when I saw them come into the court. Tommy all preppy with the white vest over white shirt Wimbledon style and Marat with that green and white stripped jumper over a bright yellow shirt, totally cool and 'I don't give a crap how I look' style
Meliana is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #17
country flag AnnieNik

AnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond reputeAnnieNik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana View Post
Tommy all preppy with the white vest over white shirt Wimbledon style
It makes me think he is playing with a sweater on

Quote:
totally cool and 'I don't give a crap how I look' style
sooo his style
И жизнь, и слезы, и любовь.
AnnieNik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #18
country flag riff

riff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond repute
Default http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=142503

are there any comments Marat made about these 3 rediculous losses of late
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #19
country flag Curls

Curls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond reputeCurls has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Marat ... you break my heart
How can you be so f**king perfect and so f**king awful in the one match .. and *cough* not even playing the final point was absolutely appalling *shakes head*

==========================================

Don't cry because it's over ...
be happy because it happened.

Curls is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #20
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Scoring Thread - Rome

No don't think he's been to interviews, this is too painful.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 05:56 PM   #21
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to watch on the tennis channel today and was so impressed with his play the 1st set and even the 1st part of the second. He didn't lose his cool after the rain delay.. But giving back that one break in the second just ruined his confidence. I don't get it. He knows he is playing well, he just has to hold on and BAM he makes a couple of mistakes and loses it all together. It's just so ridiculous.
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #22
country flag riff

riff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond repute

Internazionali BNL d'Italia
Rome, ItalyApril 28, 2009
Robredo Recovers To Oust Safin; Kohlschreiber Dashes Italian's Hopes
© Getty Images
Spanish No. 13 seed Tommy Robredo survived a scare before battling past former World No. 1 Marat Safin of Russia to reach the second round of the Internazionali BNL d’Italia on a rain-hit Tuesday at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 clay-court tennis tournament in Rome.
Robredo, a three-time quarter-finalist in Rome, trailed 2-6, 1-4 before fighting back to claim the second set and steal victory 2-6, 7-6(5), 6-2 in the pair’s 10th meeting (Robredo leads 6-4) after two hours and 12 minutes.

"I think it was a great comeback," said Robredo. "He was leading 6-2, 4-1, 30-Love with serve, which is nearly the end of the match. But suddenly I just won a couple of points and then I could break him that in that game. I did my best all the time, and finally I could break him and win the tie-break, which it was a really close tie-break. At the end of the third set, I knew that if I was tough mentally I could beat him, because he would not be as tough as he was at the beginning."

World No. 17 Robredo improved to a 25-8 match record on the season. The Hostalric native, who celebrates his 27th birthday on Friday, won his eighth and ninth ATP World Tour titles in back-to-back weeks at Costa do Sauipe (d. Bellucci) and Buenos Aires (d. Monaco) in February.

Safin, who has signalled his intention to retire at the end of the 2009 ATP World Tour season, dropped to a 6-8 match record. The Russian has won back-to-back matches just once this year, when he reached the Australian Open third round (l. to Federer).

I think this is all one awful plan. It can not happen naturally, for real. We are being hoaxed.
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:47 PM   #23
country flag Meliana

Meliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond reputeMeliana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curls View Post
Oh, Marat ... you break my heart
How can you be so f**king perfect and so f**king awful in the one match .. and *cough* not even playing the final point was absolutely appalling *shakes head*
There, there
I was trying to remain calm about it and simply enjoy his play, shot by shot... I'll tell you when I manage to achieve that zen like state...
Old 04-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #24
country flag rica87

rica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond reputerica87 has a reputation beyond repute

he was leading 4-1 in the second?! oh boy...
rica87 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #25
country flag Meliana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad-out View Post
I was lucky (or unlucky) enough to watch on the tennis channel today and was so impressed with his play the 1st set and even the 1st part of the second. He didn't lose his cool after the rain delay.. But giving back that one break in the second just ruined his confidence. I don't get it. He knows he is playing well, he just has to hold on and BAM he makes a couple of mistakes and loses it all together. It's just so ridiculous.
I could see the lack of confidence creeping in when he started get less 1st serves in. His serve is a confidence barometer, when it's not on he knows he can lose the next point and when he's not confident he tends to put all his faith on his serve and that makes it even worse. Maybe that's why he tries so hard to go for the double reak. Why that happens I don't know.
Maybe I'm talking complete nonsense... But he had 100% points won on 1st serve in the first set!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:45 PM   #26
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'll never be able to reach the zen like state, I've tried everything, believe me.
About the match - same old, same old. And that's all I have to say, well, besides the usual - UNREAL!!!!!!!!
Actually it's not unreal any more, it's just deja vu week after week. Marat wins the first set 6-2. Good. He is 2 breaks up again, mind you, 2 breaks up in the second set. And what does he do? Riiiight. Gives both breaks back and losest the set on TB. That was NID. And him losing the third set was also NID. 2-6. Ciao, Roma!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #27
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I could see the lack of confidence creeping in when he started get less 1st serves in. His serve is a confidence barometer, when it's not on he knows he can lose the next point and when he's not confident he tends to put all his faith on his serve and that makes it even worse. Maybe that's why he tries so hard to go for the double reak. Why that happens I don't know.
Maybe I'm talking complete nonsense... But he had 100% points won on 1st serve in the first set!
I just don't know. Is it the confidence?!? He WAS 2 breaks up, so WTF!!!!! How can he get a confidence issue then? Hold your serve twice more and that's it. You're not a kid any more who gets nervous, no? I mean COME ON! Or is it a fitness issue? Winning the first set and then... or is it a lapse on concentration, 2 breaks up, too easy, the end is near... but guys like Monfils and Robredo don't just hand it to you.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #28
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

His "farewell" tour looks like these tv series episodes where they replay loads of chosen excerpts from the past seasons...

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/

Last edited by luxsword : 04-28-2009 at 09:03 PM.
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:07 PM   #29
country flag luxsword

luxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond reputeluxsword has a reputation beyond repute

He can do better, though, like lead 60 50 40-0 and lose, can't he? He's not done yet !

(Romeo and Juliet, II.ii)
Comic relief >>> http://english.bouletcorp.com/
luxsword is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:15 PM   #30
country flag ad-out

ad-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond reputead-out has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaV View Post
I just don't know. Is it the confidence?!? He WAS 2 breaks up, so WTF!!!!! How can he get a confidence issue then? Hold your serve twice more and that's it. You're not a kid any more who gets nervous, no? I mean COME ON! Or is it a fitness issue? Winning the first set and then... or is it a lapse on concentration, 2 breaks up, too easy, the end is near... but guys like Monfils and Robredo don't just hand it to you.

True... I've often wondered about these guys who are really just average players but who never stop thinking that they can win and they fight down to the last point.. Whay can't Marat do that??? Honestly nobody really gave Marat a chance in this one and he came out and just dominated Robredo for 1.5 sets. So is he just rushing to close it out, or just thinking about it too hard? I just don't get it.
ad-out is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote