Ozone's Tournament Cheering Thread - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2009, 02:17 AM   #31
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ozone's Tournament Cheering Thread

Haven't posted in here for awhile!! So now is where it gets big. I have a high level tourney this weekend. I am playing up an extra age division making it much tougher since I am unseeded. I like my singles draw, but my doubles draw couldn't have been much worse. We can still win of course, but it's going to take more of an effort than against another team.

The following 2 weekends, (8/14-8/16, 8-21-8/23), is the State Championship. I have made it a goal to win this thing since last year. 2 years ago, I made the semis(as a 9 seed), and last year I made the quarters(as a 17 seed, beating 9 seed and 5 seed). So I tend to have really good success in this tourney, it is one of my faves. I want to win it very badly, and it is going to be tough. I should be 4 seed at best. I picked up a VERY good doubles partner, who isn't a good singles player but is an amazing doubles player. (He made doubles semis last year as unseeded).

So be tough on me here, help me get 2 wins these upcoming weekends!!

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #32
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

My tourney started Friday. It was a pretty high level and I am playing up an age division. I was unseeded so it was not going to be easy.

In singles, I played a hard-hitting but somewhat inconsistent big kid in 1st round. I beat hom 6-0, 6-1

In the second round, I played the kid who beat the seed. I played very well and won a comfortable 6-2, 6-3 round of 16 match.

In the quarters, I beat the 2 seed.

Today in the semis, I played a very talented kid who came from another state and trains here for the summer. I played a weak first set, and lost 2-6. In the 2nd, he got a bit more tired and I rallied from 1-3 down to win it 6-3. So we went to a 10-point breaker to decide it. My first 2 serves I double faulted on ( ). I wasn't tight at all either, my arm was just hurting and I guess I lost focus. Anyways, the kid got up 5-1 with my help. He then got up 7-3. I battled back to get it to 6-7, but he won that point on a bad 2nd serve return I netted. I shook it off and grinded back to 8-8. We had a pretty long rally, but he just seemed to be more tired than he was in the first set and he eventually hit one out. So I was at 9-8, match point! I hit a pretty good backhand(we both had one-handers) to his backhand crosscourt, he decided to go for the winner on my MP and he just caught the line for a clean winner. I shook it off though, but he got to match point after ANOTHER double fault from me at 10-10. He helped me out though as I saved another one at 11-12 to get it to 12-12 as we changed sides. (I think I saved 3 mp's by this point). I got to match point at 12-13 on my defense that point. I had a good look at a forehand after a short backhand angle I hit, but I got it right back to the middle of the court. He ran around it and missed it long to give me the match!

So now, I am in the finals against a kid who beat the 4 seed 61 61 and the 1 seed 62 62. In our last meeting, I beat him 63 63. I think I have an overall record of 1-2 against him or something.

JBlock Forever
Old 08-09-2009, 11:40 PM   #33
country flag BiggieB

BiggieB is on a distinguished road

good stuff! Make us proud
BiggieB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:30 AM   #34
country flag Ozone

Lost 76(7) 62 in the final. Came back from 1-4 to 5-4, but my serve wasn't with me today. I got up 6-5 also, and he battled back to get in the breaker. Great player I played, consistent and hit nice angles. I was down 0-5 in the breaker, then 3-6, and faught back to 7-6 to give me S.P. He hit a forehand angle that I could have called out to give me the set, but I didn't get a great look at it and I played it. I lost the next 2 points. We kept having very close games in the 2nd, and it didn't feel like I lost 6-2. But playing up an age division in a high level tournament and getting to the finals was huge for me, so I am happy. Should be a great tool to get me ready for state's this weekend!

JBlock Forever
Old 08-15-2009, 02:33 AM   #35
country flag Ozone

I have State's this weekend and next. I am a top 4 seed in both singles and doubles. This is a huge tourney for me, one I have made a goal to win fir the past year. It is the highest level it gets in the state also.

I played my first match today in the second round. I won 62 61, played solid tennis. Tomorrow I will play doubles, followed by 2 singles MD matches Sunday.

I don't ask much, but this is my favorite tourney and the one I have been working hardest for. Any support would be aprreciated Thanks to all!

JBlock Forever
Old 08-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #36
country flag JM-Del-Potro

JM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond reputeJM-Del-Potro has a reputation beyond repute

come on let's win it

Nikolay Davydenko * Mikhail Youzhny * Mario Ancic * Janko Tipsarevic * Andrey Golubev * Amer Delic * JP Brzezicki * Mathieu Montcourt * Ilia Bozoljac * Kei Nishikori * Thiemo De Bakker * Blaz Kavcic * Jerzy Janowicz * Henri Kontinen * Grigor Dimitrov * Tim Smyczek * Marcelo Demoliner * Lars Poerschke * David Goffin * Yuki Bhambri * Marius Copil
JM-Del-Potro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #37
country flag Ozone

After weekend #1, the 4 seed is easily still in the 4th round of the main draw. It gets very serious next weekend with better opponents, so I am grinding hard this week. Second round (first match) I won 62 61, next round I won it 62 63. Score lines look sloppy, but I was up 5-0 in the last set of my third round match. Very excited/pumped for next weekend!

JBlock Forever
Old 08-20-2009, 07:40 PM   #38
country flag Ozone

I have the final part of the State's this weekend. It gets much tougher this weekend and I will have to really play hard every match. I am very excited and I am going to give 115% percent in all of my matches. My ground game has been the best it has ever been right now and my 1st serve is very dangerous. Let's get it!!

If you want the draw just ask me

JBlock Forever
Old 08-20-2009, 11:35 PM   #39
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck son

Let's see some videos of you
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #40
country flag Ozone

Haha, I can probably get a SHORT vid of me up during one of my matches!

JBlock Forever
Old 08-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #41
country flag Heners

Heners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond reputeHeners has a reputation beyond repute

That looks like the Perth State Tennis Centre so much in Australia
Old 09-06-2009, 03:02 AM   #42
country flag Ozone

Had a tourney this weekend in a higer age division.

I was unseeded and won my first round match 6-0, 6-0

Next round I had the 3 seed. I played a great match with great serving and won it 60 61!

In the semis, I played a very good 1 seed. I served my way out of the first set 6-4. I kept grinding and won the 2nd set easily.

So in the finals, my serve was on and got me out of a lot of trouble. I say I was hitting them at 110-115 mph at some points. I grinded and won 64 61. I was very pleased of my tennis this weekend and I also won the doubles tourney. So I got the double! My first title in the next age division higher

JBlock Forever
Old 09-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #43
country flag chowdahead25

chowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond reputechowdahead25 has a reputation beyond repute

Luck.

lol just kidding bro. Good job.

Singles (131) -- Record - Qualifying: 20-14 Main Draw: 24-20 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Astana-2 CH SF: Itajai CH, San Marino CH QF: Sarasota CH, Samarkand CH, Winston-Salem

Doubles (132) -- Record - Qualifying: 20-7 Main Draw: 27-24 -- W: Gimcheon CH F: Marseille, Arad CH SF: Itajai CH, Tianjin CH, Marburg CH, Vancouver CH, San Marino CH

Check out my new tennis "career" here!!! - http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=502881
chowdahead25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:52 AM   #44
country flag Ozone

This weekend I am playing in a national and top-leveled sectional tournament!

Players from all states on my section will play in this one. It also is a natioanally leveled tournament.

Let's go

JBlock Forever