*The Italian Open 2009 Thread* - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #31
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *The Italian Open 2009 Thread*

Some pics of Roger practicing here: http://twitter.com/rcoratella

Also has updates of the exho being played today.

Thank you Stanimal for taking out the trash at AO!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #32
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Some pics of Roger practicing here: http://twitter.com/rcoratella

Also has updates of the exho being played today.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Yay Kimi won 7-5 against Potato in the exho
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 03:37 PM   #34
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Posted by Louis999 on rf.com Let's hope this version of Roger shows up during the tournament!

Hey ppl... just got back from the Fedlux Exhibition matches, left a litle early than I wanted to but anyways let's go to what really matters.

Rumors about Roger trying new things and making some tweaks and adaptations to his game were really true, he played awesome today, good variations, nice FH down the line without missing, consistant BH (seemed a little deeper than b4), the footwork was beautiful he was moving very well at the end of the match (a little rusty at the beggining but once the game hot up.. everything went down to it's place). The BP conversion problem is still there and needs some work >_>...

It was quite pleasurable to watch Roger play today, if he can keep it up and focus a little more in Rome tournament itself I'm sure and really confident he can take this trophy home.

EDIT: I'm a little busy right now, if I have time I'll post a more detailed impressions with pictures and all.

Old 04-26-2009, 04:41 PM   #35
country flag kissakiss

kissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond reputekissakiss has a reputation beyond repute

from rf.com

kissakiss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 05:02 PM   #36
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Some comments from Roger today.

26/04/2009 18:30
FEDERER PAIN-FREE AND READY FOR CLAY

Roger Federer has put his back injury behind him and after practising for the past four days in a secret location in the Italian countryside, is ready to launch his clay-court season here at the Foro Italico.

“I only arrived this morning (Sunday),” said the world No2. “I’ve been practising as hard as I could here in Italy – up in the hills, tucked away. I won’t tell you where as I like my privacy! Pierre (Paganini, fitness coach) was there and I was basically getting used to clay court movements – the sliding. I mixed it up with some tennis – (Stefan) Koubek was there as a hitting partner – and I made sure I did my four hours a day. At the end of the day, movement is a big part. The best clay-court players are the best movers. The only difference is, here it’s still fast even when it rains. It only gets quick in Monte Carlo or at Roland Garros when it’s hot and the dust starts kicking up, and you can see the hard court underneath. Clay is better for my back though, and I’ve been pain-free for a long time now which is great.”

Federer also dismissed his poor showing at Monte Carlo this year, when he went out in the Round of 16 to his Olympic gold medal doubles partner Stanislas Wawrinka. “I wasn’t prepared for Monte Carlo due to the wedding (Federer married his long-time partner and former player Mirka Vavrinec the week before) so I went there more to see what I was missing than expecting to do well. What I was missing was my serves and my forehands, so I’ve been working hard on that and hopefully it’ll show this week.”

Having famously struggled on clay in the past, Federer revealed that Roland Garros – the one Grand Slam to elude him – is still his main aim. “Whether I am number two in the world or three, five, eight or ten, it’s not number one. Being the second best player in the world on clay is nice, but it doesn’t satisfy me. It’s not necessary to be number one, what is important is winning the French Open.”

http://www.internazionalibnlditalia....=EN&IDNews=458

Old 04-27-2009, 04:21 AM   #37
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian might have to get surgery on his hip. I hope that his hip injury is not that serious because those who undergo hip surgery don't really do very well afterwards. I really want to see Nalbandian back in the Top 10. I enjoy watching Roger and Nalby play.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:14 AM   #38
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Posted by Louis999 on rf.com Let's hope this version of Roger shows up during the tournament!

Hey ppl... just got back from the Fedlux Exhibition matches, left a litle early than I wanted to but anyways let's go to what really matters.

Rumors about Roger trying new things and making some tweaks and adaptations to his game were really true, he played awesome today, good variations, nice FH down the line without missing, consistant BH (seemed a little deeper than b4), the footwork was beautiful he was moving very well at the end of the match (a little rusty at the beggining but once the game hot up.. everything went down to it's place). The BP conversion problem is still there and needs some work >_>...

It was quite pleasurable to watch Roger play today, if he can keep it up and focus a little more in Rome tournament itself I'm sure and really confident he can take this trophy home.

EDIT: I'm a little busy right now, if I have time I'll post a more detailed impressions with pictures and all.
Thanks thats very good news, I have missed his beautiful game. lets hope his hard work translates to Rome

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 08:51 AM   #39
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What I was missing was my serves and my forehands, so I’ve been working hard on that and hopefully it’ll show this week.”
Good to know that he knows what is the problem...

Maybe sth to look forward to?
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 11:13 AM   #40
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr View Post
Good to know that he knows what is the problem...

Maybe sth to look forward to?
What is for?

Old 04-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #41
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What is for?
First, it is hard to imagine that he didn't know what his problem was, as a pro. We could all see it as a fan. So the fact that he knew it should be an obvious thing. Second, the fact that he knew his problem doesn't necessarily mean he can solve the problem and play as well as he is able to in the coming tournaments. Plus, I think his problem, other than the technical part, ie, serve and forehand, also lies in his head, which I don't think he realizes or believes it's a problem.
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #42
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Interview with Roger before the tournament

http://www.tennistv.com/page/TennisT...640169,00.html

Good luck
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:47 PM   #43
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalwareDie View Post
Nalbandian might have to get surgery on his hip. I hope that his hip injury is not that serious because those who undergo hip surgery don't really do very well afterwards. I really want to see Nalbandian back in the Top 10. I enjoy watching Roger and Nalby play.
I really hope Nalbandian recovers quickly. I'm a fan of his playing style and also his match-up with Roger. As a huge Kuerten fan I know what a hip injury can mean for a player
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #44
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ROGER!!!!!!!!!!!

Do Roger need to play tomorrow?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 03:02 PM   #45
country flag icedevil0289

icedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond reputeicedevil0289 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
Interview with Roger before the tournament

http://www.tennistv.com/page/TennisT...640169,00.html

Good luck
great interview. Thanks eden. I'm glad that he's just taking things match by match.