*Mario News and Match Updates* - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Smile *Mario News and Match Updates*

This is the thread where we keep up to date with all that is new in the Super Mario world Post articles, clips and/or pictures as a way to report Ancic's progress throughout the year(s) Also, why not post your favourite news articles from the past?

From the archives, this is one of the most memorable articles for me (when Ancic beat Henman in Wimbledon 04 )

Two quotes particularly stand out:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Times Online
Now, at the age of 20, Ancic has provided his country with a big fillip. If Croatia was suffering a collective hangover after the retirement of Goran Ivanisevic, Ancic has supplied the hair of the dog.
And this very touching:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Times Online
“I remember when Goran won Wimbledon and watching it on television,” he said. “Half of Croatia cried. We were all nervous and cheering him on. It was remarkable. The whole town was silent, nobody was working and it was the biggest thing of the day. Goran is an ambassador for our country, not just tennis. When I was 15 he told me to keep improving the volley and keep going to the net. When I was 12 he told me to keep breaking rackets.”

Last edited by Dini : 02-05-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #2
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: •·.·´¯`·.·•Mario News and Articles•·.·´¯`·.·•

It seems he never took the racquet breaking advice seriously. The volleys OTOH
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #3
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oranges View Post
It seems he never took the racquet breaking advice seriously. The volleys OTOH
True that.

And I'm kinda glad he didn't
Old 04-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
And I'm kinda glad he didn't
I don't particularly mind it if it helps them vent the frustration and move on, but Goran managed to take it a step further by having to default a match because he had none left once

Speaking of Mario's interviews, I loved the ones during last year's Wimbledon, when he was talking about how at one point he thought he'd never play again and how much playing on Center Court again meant to him. I'll try to find some quotes.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
country flag Dini

Quote:
I don't particularly mind it if it helps them vent the frustration and move on, but Goran managed to take it a step further by having to default a match because he had none left once

Speaking of Mario's interviews, I loved the ones during last year's Wimbledon, when he was talking about how at one point he thought he'd never play again and how much playing on Center Court again meant to him. I'll try to find some quotes.
I agree, but at the same time racquet throwing is addictive. Just go ask Safin

Yay!!! would love to see those quotes. I actually remember seeing a video on that, I'll see if I can find it

EDIT: Can't find it I think youtube has removed it

Last edited by Dini : 04-27-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #6
country flag oranges

The easiest to find was the post-match interview after the win over Ferrer
http://2008.wimbledon.org/en_GB/news...606248031.html

Code:
I was going through a rough time for a year. Always when I was ‑‑ many times I tried to come back, and always 
in my mind was to play Centre Court at Wimbledon.That was what was always motivating me, to play big matches like 
this in a big stadiums. That's what I work for, and that was what was pushing me in this tough year, to come ‑‑ 
to be able to go through all that. So that was going through my mind.

I remember, I mean, last year I was at this time running intervals, spending time in gym, doing everything I could to be fit again. 
You know, I realized how much I missed it last year, Wimbledon.

Of course it was not easy for me. But to come out today and play this great match, I think, with a top five player 
and to win on Centre Court, you know, it was a big moment for me.

I mean, I had great memories here in Wimbledon, and this is going to be one of them for sure.

Q. At the end, you kneeled down and kissed the grass. Why?

MARIO ANCIC: Just because of that. It was a flashback from everything what was going on in my head, what was going on in 
‑‑ like I said, in this year that I was not able to play.

It just, you know, was almost like saying, Here I am back again. Thanks. I love this court at Wimbledon. 
It means so much to me.
But there was a better one for some British newspapers or something like that.

Edit: Dont' know why it won't wrap the text to some normal width, had to break down lines to fit the screen

Last edited by oranges : 04-27-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 04:59 PM   #7
country flag Dini

Thanks for that

The bit where he says Wimbledon was his motivation was great it just highlights how much that means to him,
and I think his answer to the second question highlights the passion he has for this tournament and the memories he
so much treasures from his matches there:

Quote:
Q. At the end, you kneeled down and kissed the grass. Why?

MARIO ANCIC: Just because of that. It was a flashback from everything what was going on in my head, what was going on in ‑‑
like I said, in this year that I was not able to play.

It just, you know, was almost like saying, Here I am back again. Thanks. I love this court at Wimbledon. It means so much to me.
That in a nutshell is why I love him so much. He works really hard despite all the obstacles in his way and yet still manages to come back strong.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
country flag oranges

Good semi-official news for all those eager to see Mario back.

http://www.zutaloptica.com/karika-ko...taje#komentari

The doctors have given him the green light to start playing again. It's not specified when he should be back, but presumably with the start of the next season. They just mention him playing DC next year.

yay
Old 10-02-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Good semi-official news for all those eager to see Mario back.

http://www.zutaloptica.com/karika-ko...taje#komentari

The doctors have given him the green light to start playing again. It's not specified when he should be back, but presumably with the start of the next season. They just mention him playing DC next year.

yay
... and they said if did croatia make a final he would be play doubles with ljubicic.

Last edited by petar_pan : 10-02-2009 at 05:06 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
country flag PinkFeatherBoa

PinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond reputePinkFeatherBoa has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update!

Maybe the sky will fall?
Allez Gasquet~Mathieu~Wawrinka~Mannarino~+++
PinkFeatherBoa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #11
country flag Davodus

Davodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond reputeDavodus has a reputation beyond repute

Come to Brisbane, Mario or else
Old 10-02-2009, 06:42 PM   #12
country flag prunelle_888

prunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond reputeprunelle_888 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeeeah very good news thank you !
prunelle_888 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 03:06 AM   #13
country flag safinafan

safinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond reputesafinafan has a reputation beyond repute

mario is coming!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM   #14
country flag fanancic

fanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond reputefanancic has a reputation beyond repute

Mario Ancic breaks up with his girlfriend
Croatian Times

Croatian tennis ace Mario Ancic has ended his relationship with his long-standing girlfriend Dolores Goles.

Ancic, 25, revealed the news to the weekly Gloria.

When asked whether he was thinking about marriage, he promptly said "No way". Asked how his girlfriend had handled their long-distance relationship, Ancic said he had nothing else to say about that topic.

Mario and Doris, 23, who lives in Split, were together for more than three years.

The end of the relationship is not the only news from Ancic. He has had his hair cut, losing the black curls that had thrilled many girls.

Ancic, whose career has been interrupted by injuries over the last two years, said his main wish was to get well and to return to tennis in great style.

Ancic, who has had mononucleosis and thyroid problems, told the weekly he had had his last medical examination at a clinic at Harvard University in September.

The results, he said, showed he was completely healthy

http://http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Panorama/2009-10-15/6586/Mario_Ancic_breaks_up_with_his_girlfriend

French forum about Mario : http://mario-ancic.forumsactifs.com/index.htm
fanancic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:26 AM   #15
country flag ~*BGT*~

~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute~*BGT*~ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanancic View Post
Mario Ancic breaks up with his girlfriend
Croatian Times

Croatian tennis ace Mario Ancic has ended his relationship with his long-standing girlfriend Dolores Goles.

Ancic, 25, revealed the news to the weekly Gloria.

When asked whether he was thinking about marriage, he promptly said "No way". Asked how his girlfriend had handled their long-distance relationship, Ancic said he had nothing else to say about that topic.

Mario and Doris, 23, who lives in Split, were together for more than three years.

The end of the relationship is not the only news from Ancic. He has had his hair cut, losing the black curls that had thrilled many girls.

Ancic, whose career has been interrupted by injuries over the last two years, said his main wish was to get well and to return to tennis in great style.

Ancic, who has had mononucleosis and thyroid problems, told the weekly he had had his last medical examination at a clinic at Harvard University in September.

The results, he said, showed he was completely healthy

http://http://www.croatiantimes.com/news/Panorama/2009-10-15/6586/Mario_Ancic_breaks_up_with_his_girlfriend
Noooo

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
~*BGT*~ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote