Yay French Federation, You Got Exactly What You Wanted. Nice Try Anyway, Andy. - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #481
country flag tennis lover

tennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond reputetennis lover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yay French Federation, You Got Exactly What You Wanted. Nice Try Anyway, Andy.

Andy

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
tennis lover is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2009, 01:05 AM   #482
country flag Winston's Human

Winston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond reputeWinston's Human has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yay French Federation, You Got Exactly What You Wanted. Nice Try Anyway, Andy.

I watched the match up to 2-3 in the third set. Midway through the second set, Andy told the umpire and the referee that he could not see. He was actually pretty composed about it. The referee said that they would not go past 9:30, but they did.

Monfils was continuously jacking up the crowds with his hand raising to increase the noise. I do hope that he plays an American at night at the US Open. I would like to see the NY crowds take a crack at him.

Notwithstanding the scoreline, I actually thought that Andy played fairly well. It just seems like Monfils was on fire. That said, I hope Federer crushes him (and I cannot stand Federer).

Andy should still take away a lot of positives from this French Open. He played his matches better and smarter than any previous time.
Winston's Human is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:22 AM   #483
country flag tsurupettan
aeroDYNAMIC

tsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond reputetsurupettan has a reputation beyond repute

Sucks, but wasn't unexpected, esp. considering how much the tournament people pulled to make it the best for Monfils. Still, he reached the goal he had set out for here at least and I'm quite hopeful for the grass season. Andy.

And I'm not even gonna bother with GM on the match. I'm sure they're all bashing Andy happily.

tsurupettan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:46 AM   #484
country flag Golfnduck

Golfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond reputeGolfnduck has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the match should have been suspended after two sets. Andy would compose himself for Monfils' service games, then lose composure in his service games in the third set. I hope Andy draws Monfils at USO and has a night match. Welcome to the jungle Monfils.
Overall, I'm pleased with the result. Andy just needs to learn to take the calmness to the court when people try to get under his skin.

GOOD LUCK TO: ANDY, HAAS, MARDY, BRYANS, JAMES, DJOKOVIC, MOODIE, ROBBY, MOYA, SAFIN, GICQUEL

DAVIS CUP CHAMPS FOR 2007!!!!!!!!!! WAY TO GO USA!!!!!!!
Golfnduck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:29 PM   #485
country flag kaylee

kaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond reputekaylee has a reputation beyond repute

His press conference is on the rg website. He was actually pretty composed and said that at this point his opinion was irrelevant. He gave Monfils his due and was very complimentary - now he is on his way to London and grass whoo hooooo!
kaylee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #486
country flag DartMarcus

DartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond reputeDartMarcus has a reputation beyond repute

Finally who cares about RG?

Brian Baker - Steve Johnson - Lleyton Hewitt - Robby Ginepri - Carlos Berlocq - Tommy Haas - Ivo Karlovic - Richard Gasquet - Kevin Anderson - David Ferrer - Michael Russell - Fabio Fognini - Michael Llodra - Oliver Rochus - Dustin Brown - Somdev Devvarman
DartMarcus is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #487
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartMarcus View Post
Finally who cares about RG?
In this forum, nobody should. Andy played well, hit the ball well, returned well, served well...if he plays like that he'll surely be a factor at Wimbledon. I just hope he's on Nadal's side of the draw.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:05 PM   #488
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

This French Open is shit, no?

*edit*

Found this over at ESPN chat:

Kim, PA: Did Roddick mail it in yesterday?

Greg Garber: (12:37 PM ET) Kim: There were times when it looked to me like he wasn't trying his hardest. Now, remember, Roddick is one of the most earnest, hard-working guys to the Tour and unlike some guys (who shall remain nameless) have a reputation for tanking. Roddick was angry at the way he was playing and unhappy with the pro-Monfils crowd and the umpire who kept the match going into semi-darkness. I was surprised he was as civil as he was in his post-match press conference.

This video shows highlights of Andy arguing with Enric Molina.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums

Last edited by tangerine_dream : 06-02-2009 at 06:53 PM.
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #489
country flag Selby

Selby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond reputeSelby has a reputation beyond repute

Andy sounded really positive in his last tweet
Selby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote