Barcelona 2009 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #61
country flag bibi_s

bibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcelona 2009

According to the official site of the tournament, Nalby won't play against Nadal on Friday due to an acute inflammation in the right hip that has forced to him to retire. At least that was what I understood from the Spanish version. Anyone to confirm?
bibi_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2009, 05:39 PM   #62
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

His coach has already mentioned the hip problem 2 weeks ago. Look on page 218 of the David News & Articles thread. He says it will affect him for most of the year.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #63
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibi_s View Post
According to the official site of the tournament, Nalby won't play against Nadal on Friday due to an acute inflammation in the right hip that has forced to him to retire. At least that was what I understood from the Spanish version. Anyone to confirm?
Yes. Unfortunately, that's exactly what it says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalwareDie View Post
His coach has already mentioned the hip problem 2 weeks ago. Look on page 218 of the David News & Articles thread. He says it will affect him for most of the year.
Lobo said that it has been affecting him for the past eight months.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #64
country flag Nefertari

Nefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond repute

I understood it the same way. The doctor said that he has those problems for about two weeks.
The tournament director made this announcement. David and his team didn't mention his problems in his presser.

Maybe it explains his worse serve percentage... I'm so sorry for him that he can't play healthy. There were several articles from yesterday where he said that he wants to improve and he still can win big tournaments. Get well very soon David!
Nefertari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #65
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
Yes. Unfortunately, that's exactly what it says...

Lobo said that it has been affecting him for the past eight months.
I interpreted it as the hip injury will cause problems for eight months, and not that it has been affecting him for eight months. I think it may have started last year in November or October and that he will have recovered in July, but will have become less fit physically than before.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:55 PM   #66
country flag bibi_s

bibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond reputebibi_s has a reputation beyond repute

What a disappointment, and so the chance to see him playing is gone! Just wish him to get healthy soon and for long period of time without injuries.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM   #67
country flag MalwareDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibi_s View Post
Just wish him to get healthy soon and for long period of time without injuries.
I think that is very unlikely considering Lobo said that the goal this year is to resolve the hip injury and the problems it will cause. Once he has recovered, he will be playing catch up for the rest of the year because of his fitness.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #68
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalwareDie View Post
I interpreted it as the hip injury will cause problems for eight months, and not that it has been affecting him for eight months. I think it may have started last year in November or October and that he will have recovered in July, but will have become less fit physically than before.
All I can say is that I read the whole article in Spanish and that this is what Lobo said in that interview.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #69
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Damn.
But i never knew
'Bout the little things
Every single day
things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
for the little things.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #70
country flag bunnymoon

bunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond reputebunnymoon has a reputation beyond repute

is he still going to Rome?
bunnymoon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:38 PM   #71
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh, that is very annoying news to wake up to.

I've just had a look into the Entry List thread and David has pulled out of Rome as well.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #72
country flag MalwareDie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
All I can say is that I read the whole article in Spanish and that this is what Lobo said in that interview.
Ok, I'll take your word for it. The English translation was really bad anyway.
Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 PM   #73
country flag MalwareDie

Hopefully Nalby does enough to stay in the Top 32 this year.

David keeps disappoints somehow.... losing to Roddick at the 2003 US Open, accomplishing nothing in 2004, losing to Hewitt at the 2005 Australian Open, losing to Baghdatis at the 2006 Australian Open, retiring to Federer at the 2006 French Open due to injury, poor results at the Slams during 2007, being injured through much of 2008 resulting in poor results. And now this year looks like it might be his worst year since 2002.

Last edited by MalwareDie : 04-23-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #74
country flag tennisace

tennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond reputetennisace has a reputation beyond repute

Is it a real injury or that Argentina rally in Cordoba with Loeb ? I hope it's because of rally and he's not unjured ???
tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:25 AM   #75
country flag bibi_s

In his official site it says that he’ll stay in Europe to continue his treatment.