Need a Racket for a total newbie - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2009, 07:40 AM   #1
country flag boxingfan

boxingfan is on a distinguished road
Default Need a Racket for a total newbie

OK I just wanted to say I am a total noob when it comes to playing tennis, and I have decided to buy tennis gear but i would like someone to advice me. I m about 6 3 guy and i weigh about 58 kgs(which makes me underweight i know) i dont think im very weak or anything so it needs not be very light but still i would prefer a light racquet. and i would also like some advice on tennis trainers(shoes) and some other stuff that i might need.

peace
boxingfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a Racket for a total newbie

normally a beginner would tend towards an oversize racket, which is going to be easier to use and more forgiving
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Get the new Wilson Prostaff.
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

Prince Ozone Seven is great for beginners

princetennis.com - you can check out all of their rackets their

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #5

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozone View Post
Prince Ozone Seven is great for beginners

princetennis.com - you can check out all of their rackets their
yuck! Skip prince the o ports are junk. You should stick to something like head or wilson when you begin, and then experiment with more specialized companies like yonex, dunlop, technifibre, prince (i don't know why anyone would after they began producing this junk),and balboat once you figure out how you play and what you like as far as balance, head size/shape and technology.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:38 PM   #6
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
yuck! Skip prince the o ports are junk. You should stick to something like head or wilson when you begin, and then experiment with more specialized companies like yonex, dunlop, technifibre, prince (i don't know why anyone would after they began producing this junk),and balboat once you figure out how you play and what you like as far as balance, head size/shape and technology.
you're wrong there. prince rackets are actually great for beginners. the speedports increase the size of the sweetspot, making them easier to use for beginners. and they have been consistently voted the best frames on the market for game improvement.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #7

I probably am wrong. I just can't stand the way it feels when I hit. Its probably because I am more used to the "traditional" feel. To each his own.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #8
country flag Ozone

Ozone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond reputeOzone has a reputation beyond repute

And you play with dunlop? Exactly why your advice shouldn't be taken. Jazar is right, speedports make for big sweetspots, easy manueverability, and also really cool looks. For a beginner that is looking for a balance of power and control prince is the way too go. I have had prince rackets for about 8 years now, and I cant imagine not playing with it. However, I dont know much about other rackets, but I just love the infinite options of the O3 series.

BAGHDATIS | GASQUET | DOCTOR IVO | TIPSY

JOHN | KENDO | RUSSELL | BAKES | GINEPRI | SAM | SWEETING |MARDY | SMEE

JBlock Forever
Ozone is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:39 AM   #9

Dunlop has a prestigious history going all the way back to the days of McEnroe. Its a diverse company like wilson, and offers much more than tennis rackets. It is not as main stream as it used to be, but they still make some of the best rackets on the market. F*** off I am currently using technifibre. All prince offers are rackets for baseliners, they discontinued their only respectable frame Diablo.They mainly offer baseline sticks that anyone can use, but they fail to produce anything remarkably special. Look at the amount of advertising they have to use to sell their frames. "Show us your O face" they are using sex to sell tennis rackets.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:19 AM   #10
country flag jazar

Quote:
I probably am wrong. I just can't stand the way it feels when I hit. Its probably because I am more used to the "traditional" feel. To each his own.
i dislike the prince frames as well, but it doesnt stop me from recommending or selling them.

Quote:
Dunlop has a prestigious history going all the way back to the days of McEnroe. Its a diverse company like wilson, and offers much more than tennis rackets. It is not as main stream as it used to be, but they still make some of the best rackets on the market. F*** off I am currently using technifibre. All prince offers are rackets for baseliners, they discontinued their only respectable frame Diablo.They mainly offer baseline sticks that anyone can use, but they fail to produce anything remarkably special. Look at the amount of advertising they have to use to sell their frames. "Show us your O face" they are using sex to sell tennis rackets.
prince have actually just brought back the graphite and the rebel, which were and will again be two immensely popular players frames
Old 04-23-2009, 04:16 AM   #11
country flag Dirty Bert

Dirty Bert is on a distinguished road

Having played Prince racquets for years I have nothing bad to say about them. I would say to go with Prince as a new player only because of the large sweet spot. They make some of the largest racquets out there. I think the O3 silver or platinum is like 120 sq inches or something crazy like that. That is huge and I would imagine very forgiving. Like I said, having played with Prince for a while I still like the company and always will. It seems though that as you get better and more comfortable hitting, you want more from your racquet and for that reason, I switched to HEAD. You gotta first know what you like about the game then find a racquet that will help bring that out of you
Dirty Bert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote