Massu Fans! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-07-2004, 03:59 AM   #16
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Massu Fans!

Vamos Nico y FeŮa

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2004, 08:42 PM   #17
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

It's oficcial, Massu will be top-10 since the next monday

Old 09-09-2004, 11:42 PM   #18
country flag LatinÝ1987

LatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond reputeLatinÝ1987 has a reputation beyond repute

=D!!!!!
LatinÝ1987 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 04:13 AM   #19
country flag stardust

stardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond repute

Massu is not the best looking guy...but he certaintly is cute...I really like him...and his not-giving-up spirit!!!!
stardust is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2004, 01:04 PM   #20
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

I like Nicolas's beautiful eyes

Old 09-20-2004, 08:27 AM   #21
country flag EHendrick

EHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Guga
I am just curious, does ANYONE like Massu?
Ha! I finally found where people can talk about the Chileans! It sure is tucked away, isn't it?

Well, as I am a casual tennis fan, I find myself being drawn to players based on their on-court personality and the stories behind their success more than just pure game. An example is that I can really like someone like J. Johansson and strongly dislike Roddick, even though their games are similar. So to see practically all my favs leave early in the Olympics, and agreeing with everyone in GM making those ďthese Olympics suckĒ threads, imagine my surprise and delight to discover the Latin passion of Massu and Gonzalez in their run for medals!! It was very exciting to see their passion and determination and endurance on court and the energy of the Chilean fans in the audience. I ended up cheering for both of them, even though in the doubles I didnít mind whoever won because I really like Kiefer. And Gonzalez having to play doubles after that looooong win over Dent and of course Nicolas Massu doing the same thing, only for singles gold!! Well he was truly inspirational!! NICO This win made me so so happy!!

And it was such justice because all the American commentators were so sure that Massu was too tired to pull it off and they had practically called the match for Fish! And can you tell me, would Americans be as happy for a Mardy Fish win, out in the streets with celebration? Of course not! Massuís win brought such happiness to many people. How could anyone not cheer for him?

So that's how I came to like Massu (it's tough to see new players here in the States unless they get demolished by Roddick or all the seeds drop out) and I will be cheering for him and Gonzalez to win as long as they donít meet Roger, Carlos, or Kiefer.

As for his looks, I think he is spectacularly beautiful. I agree with Fergie, I think itís the eyes and eyebrows. And he is a very fit baseliner.
EHendrick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:22 AM   #22
country flag stardust

stardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond reputestardust has a reputation beyond repute

i entirely agree with Ehendrick....besides his gorgous eyes..i love his and gonzalez's spirit and charisma...I also agree with liking johansson more than roddick....
Old 09-21-2004, 12:25 AM   #23
country flag stardust

i don't want to say mardy fish didn't deserve the gold metal in Athens..but it was very exciting and touching to see the look on Massu and Gozalez face after their winning the medals...as wel as seeing the chilean people..correction..the latinos celebrating......I will never forget that moment...( tear ) lol
Old 09-21-2004, 03:35 AM   #24
country flag EHendrick

EHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond reputeEHendrick has a reputation beyond repute

yes it sure was unforgettable!! and I have it on tape!! My only disappointment was that my tv coverage was cut off so that I saw neither the doubles OR singles medal ceremony!! I really wanted to hear the national anthem of Chile and see the guys with their doubles medals and of course, both of them on the singles platform, too. I heard that the fans who stayed through their long doubles match stayed and sang with them. I bet it was a special moment.
EHendrick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 03:55 AM   #25
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

The best moments were the ceremonys

Old 09-22-2004, 12:33 AM   #26
country flag stardust

yep !

The only way I was only able to see Massu's single match and I was waiting for the ceremony when the tv coverage was cut off as well !!! Then I search all channels but there was nothing..it was disappointing!
Old 09-22-2004, 12:38 AM   #27
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Too bad ... Nico looked too happy and FeŮa too, I sang my national anthem 2 days

Old 09-24-2004, 06:36 PM   #28
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

In Copa Davis:

N.MASSU (CHI) def. G.MOTOMURA (JPN) 6-1 6-1 6-1

Well done Nico

Old 09-25-2004, 03:11 AM   #29
country flag holagirl56

holagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond reputeholagirl56 has a reputation beyond repute

I really like Nicholas since he won in Athens, because he showed his determination and grit, for that same reason I like Gonzalez too!
holagirl56 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 06:50 AM   #30
country flag stardust

Right on..Nicco! Nicco!