THE GATHERING OF THE SAFINHOLICS Part 7 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 07:18 PM   #61
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE GATHERING OF THE SAFINHOLICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vass
Yesterday i was calmed down by a guy at the club who once had an eye hit by a sqaush ball. Believe me it's a lot worse because the swuash ball is the size of the eyeball and doesn't get stopped by the bones around the eye... He had a BLOOGY eye for 6 weeks and is now fine...
Doesn't matter. Every accident is different (angle and speed of the ball etc) and we all agree that an eye is a rather important part of the body, no?
But anyway. I guess waiting for two more days is excusable when you already had that appointment.
Still, pain IN the eye is not a good thing.
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2006, 07:26 PM   #62
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute

I hope it gets better soon, Vass

That's my real fear: everything going wrong with eyes. It's the only body part that can scares me to death, eye operations on tv make me physically uncomfortable. You know that scene from Minority Report where Tom Cruise gets new eyes and the skin around gets opened up with hooks? My worst nightmare!
I wear glasses 'cause I'm too grossed out by my own eyes to get contacts.

I'm not neurotic.

Aurora is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:34 PM   #63
country flag Vass

Vass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond reputeVass has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand eye operations as well. Too little room for error. it's worse than heart operations because with a heart operation going wrong, one will never know that it did.

Anastasia Myskina, Marat Safin thank you.

Last edited by Vass : 07-22-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Vass is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #64
country flag Aurora
icicles down my spine

Aurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond reputeAurora has a reputation beyond repute

huh? one would know when you're dead

Aurora is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #65

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Vass, lol @ your avatar. Very Pirates OTC
Old 07-23-2006, 11:29 AM   #66
country flag angelfire

angelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond reputeangelfire has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday my daughter had her ears pierced for the first time. It was so quick, just a quick click with a little pink plastic gun and the ear stud was in. i had mine done a long time ago - my ear lobes were sprayed with nitrous oxide to numb them and the hole was made. i can't remember if the stud was put in at the same time or possibly afterwards. i know i couldn't go swimming for 6 weeks; now, no problems. Apparently the studs contain zirconia - a metal?- which has antibacterial properties. So you can use silver as well as gold. You still need to clean and twiddle though. We had a panic last night because she thought that she culdn't twiddle one of them but we managed to work out that it was because her fingers were sweaty and she couldn't grip the stud properly. After the great heat 37 deg C - the highest temp in the UK since 1911 - we were having the great downpour and rise in humidity. So now she can add earrings to her birthday list!!
angelfire is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-23-2006, 11:34 AM   #67
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Vass
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiyako
I just heard on the news that it's too hot even in France!!
We're all in the same boat then!!
We hold the record of the biggest number of victims already: 22 people died, the last one being a little baby
Like Gab said we had thunderstorms, and also some moments of rain here, but it's still hot, and there's no wind most of the time They said on tv that it will last at least for 20 more days I start regretting that I chose to do my 6 months internship without a break instead of having the month of August off in the middle like my school encouraged us to.
So yesterday I went shopping and bought for almost 100 euros () of short trousers, tops, t-shirts... it's the last days of sales and I hadn't bought anything yet except a new handbag so I tried half of the clothes they had in the shop and kept a lot of them. The girl at the cash desk was when she saw me coming

My Tennis Pics updated after Roland Garros 2009 - 8 new albums
Damita is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #68
country flag Deea

Deea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond reputeDeea has a reputation beyond repute

Vass sorry to hear about your eye-accident! I hope you'll be okay! ;0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damita
We hold the record of the biggest number ofLike Gab said we had thunderstorms, and also some moments of rain here, but it's still hot, and there's no wind most of the time
At least you get moments of rain...it hasn't rained in bucharest for... I don't know...about 2 weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Federer on Marat Safin, AO 2009
Anyway, I love playing against the guy. He brings something different to the tennis world with his character, the way he is on the court and the way he is off the court. He's larger than life.
Deea is offline View My Blog!  
Old 07-23-2006, 12:17 PM   #69
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Damita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond reputeDamita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon
I have a masculine brain too

I scored 11/12 for the 3D shapes:
If you scored 10 - 12: Are you an engineer or do you have a science background? People with these skills tend to score in this range. Past studies have concluded that people in this range have a more male brain.
yes I am

me's got a female brain scored a lame 8/20 @ the angles test and was lame with the 3D shapes test as well
but i was very good at the 'spot the difference' one and @ the one with the eyes and the moods (that's surprising )

I love what they say in the final explanation:
Women took about twice as long as men to end their online instant messenging conversations in a 2003 study of US university students. The study, which was published in the Journal of Language and Social Psychology, also found that women were much more likely to use emoticons (representations of emotions using punctuation marks).

Any girl here who has ever spoken to Vass on msn has noticed that

Old 07-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #70
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deea
At least you get moments of rain...it hasn't rained in bucharest for... I don't know...about 2 weeks!
well it didn't rain much. One big thunderstorm on Friday night, but yesterday it was still hot, and some rain on Tuesday and Wedenesday afternoon, but very little (for 5 minutes :rolleye: ). So it really didn't make any difference. That was expected anyway, I remember this winter when going to school we were freezing so we expected to then have a very hot summer.... I wouldn't mind the high temperature if I had nothing to do all day but going to work in a small office with no aircon, and worse: having to go there by train, isn't funny

Old 07-23-2006, 12:29 PM   #71

Quote:
well it didn't rain much. One big thunderstorm on Friday night, but yesterday it was still hot, and some rain on Tuesday and Wedenesday afternoon, but very little (for 5 minutes :rolleye: ). So it really didn't make any difference. That was expected anyway, I remember this winter when going to school we were freezing so we expected to then have a very hot summer.... I wouldn't mind the high temperature if I had nothing to do all day but going to work in a small office with no aircon, and worse: having to go there by train, isn't funny
Don't the trains have airconditioning in Paris?
The weather is slightly better now. Next couple of days will be around 30 - 32°C but since it was even hotter last week I don't really mind. At the moment it's cloudy though, and it has rained this morning.

6 months without even a week off is a LONG time. Why didn't you take that month off?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #72
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle
Don't the trains have airconditioning in Paris?
The weather is slightly better now. Next couple of days will be around 30 - 32°C but since it was even hotter last week I don't really mind. At the moment it's cloudy though, and it has rained this morning.
some trains have, some don't. The ones which have aircon are double stairs trains, so many people can have a sit. The trains which don't have it are normal trains... and for some reason, since the heat took over all i can have are normal trains. Which means that not only it's hot inside but also I can't sit down during the whole travel. Annoying. On Friday it's even worse because as it is the holidays we have a 'summer schedule' for 2 months (less trains than usual). I waited 30 min for a train, sweating like a pig, saw one train with airconditionning but it wasn't going to my city , and then when my train arrived it was a normal one

Quote:
6 months without even a week off is a LONG time. Why didn't you take that month off?
well they offered me to do the 6 months straight because in November they have another girl arriving for a long-term internship too and they would have had no office for her if I were still there. So they asked if I was ok to work from May to October with no break... and as I had no money to go on vacations in August anyway I said ok (plus, i'll have more time in November-December to write my report than my friends who take August off, then finish their internship in November and will have to write it in December when there are Xmas and NY's Eve, and all the Xmas shopping, etc...)

But now i do realize it wasn't that smart

Old 07-23-2006, 12:45 PM   #73

Quote:
So yesterday I went shopping and bought for almost 100 euros () of short trousers, tops, t-shirts... it's the last days of sales and I hadn't bought anything yet except a new handbag so I tried half of the clothes they had in the shop and kept a lot of them. The girl at the cash desk was when she saw me coming
100 euros isn't that much if you got a lot of stuff
I got a new handbag too (and a skirt+top) when we got to the seaside (ah, the benefits of going on a trip with your parents and aunt & uncle.. they are so generous! )

Attached Images
File Type: jpg foto0006.jpg (63.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 07-23-2006, 12:47 PM   #74
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

oh and also, i said yes because when I end my internship on October 31, it allows me to go to the AMS Bercy

Old 07-23-2006, 12:49 PM   #75
country flag Damita
Burned-out Safin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle
100 euros isn't that much if you got a lot of stuff
It is when you have had no money to spend for more than 2 years and that all you get now is 300 euros per month.
But yeah it wasn't much because as it's the end of the sales i got a 70% discount on my trousers

nice bag

Closed Thread