Mens Tennis Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE GATHERING OF THE SAFINHOLICS Part 3

29K views 5K replies 84 participants last post by  PennyThePenguin 
#1 ·
When Marat is playing life stops. I also can only focus on his match and if there's no way for me to follow it, I think about it all the time. I don't know why, but I think nobody here knows. When he loses I'm a bit upset, but I always look at the context. If he tanks then I'm pissed for days, if he just lost to the better player that day, I'm cool.

#2 ·
Re: THE GATHERING OF THE SAFINHOLICS

I'VE GOT A JOB!!!!!!

I got called today and will start my job at the export department of DHL next tuesday.

I was shopping in France today and came home with a dress, capri jeans and a skirt. :eek:

Reactions: Vass and Jennay
#3 ·

cheerleader #1 said:
I'VE GOT A JOB!!!!!!

I got called today and will start my job at the export department of DHL next tuesday.
:woohoo: *applause*
Looking forward to it?

cheerleader #1 said:
I was shopping in France today and came home with a dress, capri jeans and a skirt. :eek:
Don't feel guilty, dear.. see it as a reward for finding a job ;)

#6 ·

BelgianWaffle said:
:woohoo: *applause*
Looking forward to it?
I'll definitely miss my days on the internet and watching live tennis, but I have to make something of my life. Marat keeps hiring new people all the time, but never for the right functions so what's a girl to do? ;)

Reactions: junekidd
#7 ·

BelgianWaffle said:
Me too.. I want a pair of fancy black shoes.. maybe stiletto's. Unfortunately all you can find these days are boots :(
I can't wear stiletto's (I'll fall and die). :eek: I saw some nice shoes in Lille. The spring collection is alright, but I didn't want to buy shoes. I'm still not sure what kind of shoes I want besides the white sneakers I got a few weeks ago.

#10 ·

BelgianWaffle said:
I wouldn't want to go to work already.. but it's getting close. I'm currently working on my thesis *sigh*
You can take your time for your thesis. :angel:

I was able to procrastinate for six months without my parents freaking out. ;)

#11 ·

Yes, congrats, Ilhame, on your new job! I was wondering how your search/interviews were going. I hope you like it and that you can make some decent money while you're about it!

#12 ·

BelgianWaffle said:
oooh did you go to Euralille?
I went there. We parked the car at the Grand Place and first checked the stores there before going to Euralille. I had never been there before, but it's nice.

#13 ·

RogiFan88 said:
Yes, congrats, Ilhame, on your new job! I was wondering how your search/interviews were going. I hope you like it and that you can make some decent money while you're about it!
I haven't come around yet to posting it on the cult, but thanks. I'm sure I'll get decent money. I just wish I had something to spend it on besides clothes. ;)

#14 · (Edited)

cheerleader #1 said:
You can take your time for your thesis. :angel:

I was able to procrastinate for six months without my parents freaking out. ;)
Unfortunately we have a pretty tight schedule.. eg 14/03 table of contents has to be ready, 15/04 review of the first version etc :(
On top of that we, as fourth-year students, each got 2 first year "bachelor"students that have to make some kind of summary of our thesis. More work, pffft. (-> because basically they're coming straight out of high school and know nothing about pharmacy yet)

#15 ·

Tough luck! :hug:

On a positive note, Marat will be in the states and the time difference will allow you to focus on your thesis only. ;)

#18 ·

mer said:
Well, I'm clearly loosing this one :)
lol, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
The biggest disappointments for me where when he let Guga take the #1 rank @ the end of 2000, and the 2002 Oz final. Oz final still hurts :eek: and as for the #1 rank, i remember i was spending all my time listening to the radio for updates on matches, even if they were saying the same things every 15 minutes, i just couldn't go away from the radio. And i was very depressed during the off-season after that. Seriously :sad: i finally went over it because it was Guga being #1 and i like him, otherwise... :rolleyes: :p at that moment i started to scare myself because i realised, just like you now, that i was taking his results too seriously. and i think i was starting to scare my friends too (but that part is still true ;) )

And last year i had an exam during one of his AO matches. I spent 3 hours wondering what could be the result.... is the first set over by now?...is the second set over by now?...hope he won both... would the match be over when i come home?...and what if he gets injured?...and so on :rolleyes:
It's a miracle i got a good grade for this exam! :lol:

We should all listen to his own words you know: not being too happy when he wins, and not being too depressed when he loses... but god knows that's difficult! :p good luck with that!

Ilhame: congrats on your job!!!!!!! :banana:

#23 ·

cheerleader #1 said:
I'VE GOT A JOB!!!!!!

O Congrats Ilhame! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Finally !!!!!!!!!!!!

you were too smart to stay at home (in front of your computer). :hug:

Now, you'll be at work...(in front of your computer). ;) ;)

are you commercial now?

Do you travel?

#24 ·

cheerleader #1 said:
I'VE GOT A JOB!!!!!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

CONGRATS ILHAME!!! FINALLLYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yaaaay!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

#25 ·

Damita said:
lol, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
The biggest disappointments for me where when he let Guga take the #1 rank @ the end of 2000, and the 2002 Oz final. Oz final still hurts :eek: and as for the #1 rank, i remember i was spending all my time listening to the radio for updates on matches, even if they were saying the same things every 15 minutes, i just couldn't go away from the radio. And i was very depressed during the off-season after that. Seriously :sad: i finally went over it because it was Guga being #1 and i like him, otherwise... :rolleyes: :p at that moment i started to scare myself because i realised, just like you now, that i was taking his results too seriously. and i think i was starting to scare my friends too (but that part is still true ;) )

And last year i had an exam during one of his AO matches. I spent 3 hours wondering what could be the result.... is the first set over by now?...is the second set over by now?...hope he won both... would the match be over when i come home?...and what if he gets injured?...and so on :rolleyes:
It's a miracle i got a good grade for this exam! :lol:

We should all listen to his own words you know: not being too happy when he wins, and not being too depressed when he loses... but god knows that's difficult! :p good luck with that!

Ilhame: congrats on your job!!!!!!! :banana:

u shd have seen me during the USO 2000 final...had an exam at the exact time he played :p

so u kinda know how the exam went :eek:

#26 ·

cheerleader #1 said:
I'VE GOT A JOB!!!!!!

:woohoo: wtg Ilhame!!! :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.