Roger to walk away from tennis (??) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Roger to walk away from tennis (??)

Has anyone else seen this? Your thoughts??

"In light of his recent marriage to Mirka Vavrinec, tennis great Roger Federer has decided to walk away from tennis after the Championships at Wimbledon...
Tennis » Men's Tennis
Breaking News: Roger Federer To Walk Away From Tennis by Sergey Zikov (Analyst)

In light of his recent marriage to Mirka Vavrinec, tennis great Roger Federer has decided to walk away from tennis after the Championships at Wimbledon.

It is unknown if he plans to return to the pro circuit, but for now, he intends to focus his attention on his child-to-be and newly wed wife.

"Well, Tiger got to take a year off to be with his kid, why can't I?" said Federer today.

Roger intends to finish his scheduled clay and grass season, then withdraw from the ATP Tour.

Federer is currently one Slam title shy of Pete Sampras' all-time record of 14, and will try to equalize that mark at Roland Garros next month. But that won't be a small task, as four-time champion Rafael Nadal again figures to stand in the way."

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2009, 01:53 AM   #2
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger to walk away from tennis (??)

What!??????!!!!!?!!!!

Link please
Dini is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:58 AM   #3
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Luna please
Old 04-12-2009, 01:59 AM   #4
country flag :Zaz:

:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute:Zaz: has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope this is a belated April Fools
:Zaz: is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

apparently it's some kind of journalistic "experiment". what a stupid concept:

anyways, here's the whole article with source:

Quote:

In light of his recent marriage to Mirka Vavrinec, tennis great Roger Federer has decided to walk away from tennis after the Championships at Wimbledon.

It is unknown if he plans to return to the pro circuit, but for now, he intends to focus his attention on his child-to-be and newly wed wife.

"Well, Tiger got to take a year off to be with his kid, why can't I?" said Federer today.

Roger intends to finish his scheduled clay and grass season, then withdraw from the ATP Tour.

Federer is currently one Slam title shy of Pete Sampras' all-time record of 14, and will try to equalize that mark at Roland Garros next month. But that won't be a small task, as four-time champion Rafael Nadal again figures to stand in the way.

Look for Andy Murray to also be a force, as he has had a terrific 2009 campaign thus far and has historically given Federer problems.

If you believed a word of this garbage, that is your decision. This was simply an experiment, to find out how many people actually read this because the name "Roger Federer" was in the title.

This is one of the worst pieces of sports journalism in history, yet it was read anyway. So here is my challenge to writers of the tennis community.

The tennis world consists of so much more than just Federer, Nadal, and Murray. And yet, those are the only players who ever get any coverage here.

Why is that? Nobody even bothered to write about Vera Zvonareva dominating Ana Ivanovic at Indian Wells.

And nobody wrote a darn thing about young phenom Victoria Azarenka winning the biggest title of her life at Miami until I took the liberties myself.

My point is, there is a lot more to the tennis world than what we see here. How about Jelena Jankovic reinventing herself at Andalucia? Or Lleyton Hewitt reaching his first clay final in a decade?

Just sayin'.

Let's branch out. Get it done.
source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ay-from-tennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #6
country flag miura

miura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This article has been deleted

We're sorry, but the article you are trying to view has been deleted from Bleacher Report. Try visiting the BleacherReport.com homepage
Probably some sore loser who decided since his life was worthless he'd have a go at someone succsessful.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:01 AM   #7
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Is this a Peter Bozo-report, or anything a little more reliable? In the latter case, please post a link.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #8
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Ah. Garbage, again. What a surprise.
Where's that BARF-smiley when you need it?

Anathema

Old 04-12-2009, 02:02 AM   #9
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

God I hate that stupid bleacherreport website. People post articles from there on rf.com all the time.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
country flag Dini

I frigging nearly had a heart attack and tears were streaming down my face and this ends up being a joke!?!!! Thought he'd called it quits for real

Old 04-12-2009, 02:05 AM   #11
country flag miura

miura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond reputemiura has a reputation beyond repute

Why try to bring this up on me in a already shit evening? God I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:07 AM   #12
country flag miura

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
I frigging nearly had a heart attack and tears were streaming down my face and this ends up being a joke!?!!! Thought he'd called it quits for real

I would need a LIVE press conference to be able to acknowledge that Nadine!

If he quits before next year I will have to force him to play more. At all costs!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:08 AM   #13
country flag Dini

Quote:
Originally Posted by miura View Post
Why try to bring this up on me in a already shit evening? God I'm looking forward to tomorrow.
Sorry Martin didn't know you were having a shit evening, I just posted in CD's thread in panic and disbelief and in the hope someone would shed the light for me. Sorry again.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:10 AM   #14
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
God I hate that stupid bleacherreport website. People post articles from there on rf.com all the time.
I despise ANY a site publishing stupid gossip garbage, either being it positive or negative.
What a news this is, anyways. I am a northern European myself, and in our quite-educated-kind of circles, one getting marriaged is rather not than well worth mentioning in the news...

I guess is the proper reaction to all of this stupid upset.

Anathema

Old 04-12-2009, 03:18 AM   #15
country flag lunahielo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

lunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond reputelunahielo has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Everybody....I am so sorry..please delete this thread. Only a portion of the article came over my computer...I went to his site and didn't see anything..but..oh, please forgive me...the part that said it was an experiment was not on the site I saw.

I have been so sad..and away from the computer..
I just got back.

I hope you will please forgive me.
I have been crying since I read it.

Luna

Seat #19 on the Federer Express
lunahielo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote