Monte Carlo 2009 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-15-2009, 12:04 PM   #46
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monte Carlo 2009

some interesting stats: 43% first serve

2/14 break points converted!!!
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2009, 12:05 PM   #47
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

David does seem to be playing better now, more solid in his groundstrokes but still not taking charge of the points. In fact, I'd say he's currently playing his best tennis of the match (comparatively).
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:08 PM   #48
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

That gesture of grabbing his knee is the one I meant. The one that might show he's having those "pains in the hip" Lobo was talking about.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #49
country flag Nefertari

Nefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond repute

5:3 now he has to serve for it.
Nefertari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #50
country flag Nefertari

Nefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond reputeNefertari has a reputation beyond repute

From the scoreboard he did well with serving for it, hope he can continue playing better in the final set. Vamos!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #51
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

This match is kind of lacking in intensity as a whole. Granollers seems a bit lost tactically compared to before.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #52
country flag krystlel

That was pretty much a perfectly played game to break serve. I think David is playing well now.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:28 PM   #53
country flag Nefertari

David started with a break, serving for 2:0. Hope he can hold.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #54
country flag Nefertari

Sadly he lost his serve but does better with returning and breaks Granollers again. Please hold now!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #55
country flag FlavorNuts

FlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond repute

8 straight points won on the return of serve for David
FlavorNuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 PM   #56
country flag Nefertari

David won the third set 6:1.

I couldn't watch the match live, so did he play better in the final set or played Granollers so badly?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #57
country flag FlavorNuts

FlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond repute

Granollers had 6:4, 2:0. David began to serve better and was a lot more patient, constructing points instead of trying to hit winners. Granollers' movement wasn't the same after the second set.
FlavorNuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #58
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, everybody. I left home this morning, David down 6-4 2-0, and fully expected this match to have ended as I arrived to work this morning. When I checked the scoreboard again-approximately 30 minutes later-I saw that David won five of the last six games and was on a roll in the final set.

Judging from the outcome, David won twelve of the last fourteen games-and must have been playing much better than before. He ended the match with a 53% first serve, up from that dismal 38% he recorded at the beginning of the second set.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #59
country flag krystlel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorNuts View Post
Granollers had 6:4, 2:0. David began to serve better and was a lot more patient, constructing points instead of trying to hit winners. Granollers' movement wasn't the same after the second set.
It was a very good third set from David. Though what I liked the most was how he started to approach the match tactically, more patient like you said and playing much more of a claycourt style of match. Which I think is much better than how he played yesterday, in what was basically hit-and-miss kind of tennis to beat Mathieu in the end.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #60
country flag Nefertari

That sounds good with the third. From the scoreboard he was a lot better and I like to hear that he started to approach the match tactically, so I hope he gets better against Davydenko.