Monte Carlo 2009 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #31
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Monte Carlo 2009

I'm pleased that David won towards the end, and without much drama in the third set. The key was that he started serving better, and I think those two forehand return winners he hit in that game where he broke serve helped a lot with the confidence as well.

As for his baseline play, he didn't seem all that willing to engage in any long rallies really in the third set, but his shotmaking particularly on the backhand was good enough to get the job done.
krystlel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #32
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

@#$#$@#$@ I missed the last couple of games, were they interesting?
But i never knew
'Bout the little things
Every single day
things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
for the little things.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #33
country flag crazy_nanine

crazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond reputecrazy_nanine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
You didn't miss much The good thing is that David won and you get to see him playing again in the next round
crazy_nanine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #34
country flag krystlel

krystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond reputekrystlel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeretiC View Post
They were more or less the same as the early part of the set, an efficient end to the match I guess you could say. David didn't really get close to breaking serve again after that, though he might have hit some winners from behind in the game, free hitting. Most of all, he served out the match relatively comfortably.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:06 PM   #35
country flag HeretiC

HeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond reputeHeretiC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
Most of all, he served out the match relatively comfortably.
Well, that is a refreshment.
But i never knew
'Bout the little things
Every single day
things get in my way.
Someone has to pay
for the little things.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:24 PM   #36
country flag krystlel

David's down a break at the moment. Doesn't seem mentally alert at the moment, not reacting quickly enough to what's happening on the court.

Granollers has started to show a bit more creativity as the match has gone on, some nice touch shots and counterpunching shots on the stretch.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #37
country flag krystlel

Awful game after getting back on even terms, though I felt the initial break was more to do with Granollers playing poorly. Granollers has figured out that these dropshots are a good tactic and is sticking with it.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:40 PM   #38
country flag FlavorNuts

FlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond repute

David needs to let the ball drop instead of hitting it flat off the highest part of the bounce. This is clay, you need some margin for error. Only time he should be hitting flat is on the return of serve.
FlavorNuts is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #39
country flag krystlel

He doesn't seem to be hitting it off the top of the bounce to me?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:42 PM   #40
country flag FlavorNuts

FlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond reputeFlavorNuts has a reputation beyond repute

The older her gets the more he tailors his game towards hard courts. Even if he gets past Granollers, he has no business beating Davydenko.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #41
country flag FlavorNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystlel View Post
He doesn't seem to be hitting it off the top of the bounce to me?
Not all the time, thank goodness. I've noticed when he wants to be aggressive, he'll step in and take it at the top. Trying to end the point quickly.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:46 PM   #42
country flag krystlel

Was he just upset when he grabbed his knee at the end of the last set, or was it a sign of injury?
Old 04-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #43
country flag FlavorNuts

thats what i was wondering, rarely seen him that upset
Old 04-15-2009, 12:55 PM   #44
country flag krystlel

It looks like the same spot that was bothering him in the French Open last year. I'd say it's an injury based on what I've seen in this second set.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #45
country flag FlavorNuts

granollers must be hitting between 2-3 drop shots a game
and the knee doesnt seem to be bothering dave going up the court from what i can see
but really what do i know