Miami 2014 - Sad songs say so much - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #1
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Miami 2014 - Sad songs say so much

Rio Open 2014

ATP 500, a combined ATP/WTA event.

Date: 15 - 23 Februari 2014

ATP Singles Draw

Rafa's first opponent will be Daniel Gimeno-Traver

Last edited by Castafiore : 03-31-2014 at 07:20 AM.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rio Open 2014 - Vamos is the new Come On

Frrom Rafa's FB, at Maracana with his bf Pico

and in the city with friends (first left Carlos Costa and last right Rafa Maymo)
Old 02-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #3
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Oh he did the kickoff at Maracana.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #4
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

thanks Hilde for making the thread

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:23 AM   #5
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa's match against Gimeno-Traver will be played today (18th Febr) on center court in the evening, local time.

Here's the OOP.

The match before Rafa's will be played not before 7 pm local time (Chardy vs Ferrer).
Old 02-19-2014, 01:50 AM   #6
country flag evilmindbulgaria

evilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeevilmindbulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Sloppy match from Rafa but a win is a win.

Rafa's movement was not very good today, his serve - even worse. I am hoping that those improve as the week progresses. His forehand was average but he hit some nice winners DTL. The backhand is loopy and not very consistent.

Well, I will be lying if I said I was expecting Rafa to be on fire But he will get better and hopefully win the tournament!

Vamos!

Rafa winning at least one slam in 9 consecutive years is the best achievement in Open Era tennis since Laver won all 4 Grand slam tournaments in the same year!

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion!
evilmindbulgaria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:36 AM   #7
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilmindbulgaria View Post
Sloppy match from Rafa but a win is a win.

Rafa's movement was not very good today, his serve - even worse. I am hoping that those improve as the week progresses. His forehand was average but he hit some nice winners DTL. The backhand is loopy and not very consistent.

Well, I will be lying if I said I was expecting Rafa to be on fire But he will get better and hopefully win the tournament!

Vamos!
thanks for the report, guess he still has not recovered from that nightmare in AO

lets wish him getting better and better each match

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:09 AM   #8
country flag Castafiore

Quote:
The most anticipated matches of the Rio Open presented by Claro hdtv first round ended like the fans expected: with wins from Rafael Nadal and David Ferrer. The world number one defeated his fellow countryman Daniel Gimeno-Traver 6/3 7/5, while the number 4 in the ATP rankings breezed past Jeremy Chardy 6/2 6/3.

In a crowded Center Court, Nadal showed why he is the most feared opponent on clay. In his 800th career match, the Spaniard reached his 18th clay court win in a row - he is undefeated since he lost to Novak Djokovic in the Masters 1000 of Monte Carlo last year. Although Nadal had saved two early break points, he managed to break Gimeno-Traver’s serve twice in the first set and once in the second set to book his place in the second round.

“I have to raise my level match by match. It was really important to win after spending a week without practice. Gimeno-Traver was more used to the conditions than me since he played the recent clay tournaments. I played better than practiced, that is something positive”, said Nadal, who faces Albert Montañes next.

The Spaniard also said the back injury he suffered during the Australian Open final wasn't an issue in his first official match in three weeks. “I have worked to heal my injury since Australia. In the first match it is natural to fear a little, you don’t want to have the same problem again. But everything was fine. I hope my back keeps getting better every day.”

http://rioopen.com/Pages/Contents/News?id=448

Rafa's next match, against Albert Montañes , will be played on Thursday.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:10 AM   #9
country flag Mimi

"13 slams dont mean much when you're a cheating, faking, ass-picking, doping piece of worthless trash"

just when my cp turned all green, this fairweatherfan gives me another red one. He really is insane, better to leave him be

Old 02-19-2014, 07:12 AM   #10
country flag Castafiore

Put the guy on ignore and you don't have to see his whining reps. Not worth paying attention to, mimi. I mean, you don't have to be blind to other opinions but that's just ridiculous with a person who only tries to wind you up so ignoring him is the best option.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:19 AM   #11
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Put the guy on ignore and you don't have to see his whining reps. Not worth paying attention to, mimi. I mean, you don't have to be blind to other opinions but that's just ridiculous with a person who only tries to wind you up so ignoring him is the best option.
thanks for the advice, but i have changed my mind. I am a vicious woman, i sent his rep to the mods coz i guess it is against the rules to accuse someone of doping? He had already sent me 3 bad reps in this month on post that i did nothing offensive

Old 02-19-2014, 07:45 AM   #12
country flag Foxy

Foxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond reputeFoxy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
thanks for the advice, but i have changed my mind. I am a vicious woman, i sent his rep to the mods coz i guess it is against the rules to accuse someone of doping? He had already sent me 3 bad reps in this month on post that i did nothing offensive
Keep it up!
04.07.10 - Rafa's Express Faster Than The Rest!
13.09.10 - Who is the GOAT now?!
05.06.11 - Where is clayGoat Djokovic?
11.06.12 - NoleSlam denied! 7th Heaven it is!
09.06.13 - Hi8tory!
09.09.13 - #Lucky13
Foxy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:47 AM   #13
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Keep it up!

Old 02-19-2014, 10:37 AM   #14
country flag TNX1.0E6TOPCA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

TNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond reputeTNX1.0E6TOPCA has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa training in Rio de Janeiro

gif file size: 280 x 157 - 3.22 Mo
Old 02-20-2014, 07:45 AM   #15
country flag MariaV

Quote:
"I'm happy to be back in competition," said Nadal. "I had to face a player that's been playing for several weeks on clay courts. I have to improve some details, but I played better than I practised and that's positive.

"Latin America is very special for me, I feel like home. The people are great to me and it's a pleasure to be back in Brazil. I hope I can come more often."

Nadal is the sixth active player to have played at least 800 singles matches on the ATP World Tour, along with Roger Federer, Tommy Haas, Lleyton Hewitt, David Ferrer and Nikolay Davydenko.
http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...al-Ferrer.aspx

The tournament gave him a t-shirt.

Rafa will play vs Albert Montanes not before 7 pm local time.