********Monte Carlo '09******** - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-09-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute
Default ********Monte Carlo '09********

Good luck Roger.

I think he is going after points instead of taking a step back and sorting out his mental state. I support him anyway.

I hope I don't see a mental breakdown like Miami again.

Last edited by rofe : 04-09-2009 at 06:42 PM.
rofe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
country flag Swiss Mountain

Swiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond reputeSwiss Mountain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ********Monte Carlo '09********

He is not going! please
Swiss Mountain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:28 PM   #3
country flag MalwareDie

MalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond reputeMalwareDie has a reputation beyond repute

I do not support this decision.
MalwareDie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit 'torn in two' about this decision as well. Of course I'm happy to see him at least try and defend some points - but on the other hand... perhaps some rest?

Well I guess he and his team know what they are doing. And that 'rest' after the AO didn't actually help much either...

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #5
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

I support this decision, I don't want him to be rusty. If he takes time out that is what is bound to happen. I don't care how deep he goes into the tournament, at least he can get some matches under his belt, adjust to the playing conditions and perhaps get some confidence back (until Rafa takes it all away again ). Plus, he would want to stay at number 2 for as long as possible, so defending those points is vital in my opinion. I don't think he prefers number 3 or 4 in where he would have to meet Rafa in the semis. So all in all I think it is a good decision. Whatever happens Rog, through the thick and thin. Do your best
Old 04-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #6
country flag rofe

rofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond reputerofe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dream View Post
I'm a bit 'torn in two' about this decision as well. Of course I'm happy to see him at least try and defend some points - but on the other hand... perhaps some rest?

Well I guess he and his team know what they are doing. And that 'rest' after the AO didn't actually help much either...
Wasn't that for strengthening his back?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Lets not forget one thing, he had a worse begining to the year last year (Semi, first round defeat, Quarter, Semi), now he did Final and two semis.

He went and got to the finals of every clay tournament he played except Rome.

I'm encouraged that he wants to go back out there, more rust and watching the other guys get points while he's losing his finalist points won't help him mentally at all.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityfed View Post
I support this decision, I don't want him to be rusty. If he takes time out that is what is bound to happen. I don't care how deep he goes into the tournament, at least he can get some matches under his belt, adjust to the playing conditions and perhaps get some confidence back (until Rafa takes it all away again ). Plus, he would want to stay at number 2 for as long as possible, so defending those points is vital in my opinion. I don't think he prefers number 3 or 4 in where he would have to meet Rafa in the semis. So all in all I think it is a good decision. Whatever happens Rog, through the thick and thin. Do your best
All good points, Nadine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofe View Post
Wasn't that for strengthening his back?
Some fans claim he had problems with his back after Miami as well. Personally I haven't taken those all too seriously - it sounded a bit too much like the old tard song of 'a fav player that loses is always tired and/or injured' - but those claims were there, again.
Of course, we don't know anything for sure. I get the feeling that Roger indeed realizes he may get rusty if he's out for another three weeks - and of course, his ranking points... he's still pretty aware of those I think.

And maybe there was more to his relief that 'the HC season was finally over...' than just his disappointment about losing to Djoko in Miami.

Whatever - hope he makes a good run here. If he manages to reach the final, I'll be very happy.

Anathema

Old 04-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #9
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
I'm encouraged that he wants to go back out there, more rust and watching the other guys get points while he's losing his finalist points won't help him mentally at all.
Yep. I'm surprised MC wasn't on his schedule to begin with. But maybe had he won AO or another big tournament he wouldn't be playing it.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #10
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
Yep. I'm surprised MC wasn't on his schedule to begin with. But maybe had he won AO or another big tournament he wouldn't be playing it.
I am quite certain that this has indeed been one of the reasons why he changed his mind about playing MC.

Anathema

Old 04-09-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
country flag MrChopin

MrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond reputeMrChopin has a reputation beyond repute

In full support of this decision. He came into clay last year looking like junk. Managed a trophy and three finals, two of which showed clay-hope against Nadal. Then he won Halle and nearly won Wimbledon. Would anyone have predicted that after Miami's loss to Roddick (or the Fish loss in IW)?

It was also suggested that Fed skip USO '08 after the Karlovic Cincy and Blake Olympics losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viruzzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
Nadal will be fine by australian open......
You're like a living unforced error.
MrChopin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:43 PM   #12
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

ALLEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Roger!!!!!!!!!!

GOD Please Bless Roger have a happy week in Monte Carlo!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #13
country flag rofe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChopin View Post
In full support of this decision. He came into clay last year looking like junk. Managed a trophy and three finals, two of which showed clay-hope against Nadal. Then he won Halle and nearly won Wimbledon. Would anyone have predicted that after Miami's loss to Roddick (or the Fish loss in IW)?

It was also suggested that Fed skip USO '08 after the Karlovic Cincy and Blake Olympics losses.
He could rationalize his losses last year because he had mono and lost a lot of preparation time.

He has no such issues this year and he said so in the interview after his loss in Miami. It seems to me that he has no clue why he played so badly against Novak and without resolving that, he might get into another pressure match and break down once more.

With a month at his disposal, he could potentially seek out an experienced coach and use that person as a sounding board - maybe even turn his complete attention into the process of hiring a full time coach.

That, in my opinion, is better than playing at MC and hoping that his game magically clicks.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #14
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

Wait the second,.. he plays in MC ? I heard he'll miss it

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:12 PM   #15
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey.my.dreamz View Post
Wait the second,.. he plays in MC ? I heard he'll miss it
He just accepted a WC. It's on his own site: http://www.rogerfederer.com/en/rogers/news/index.cfm

Anathema