*** The L'Yvo-fanclub *** - Page 213 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #3181
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *** The L'Yvo-fanclub ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiudi-fan View Post
Still didn't have time to design an avatar. Been pretty busy, that's why it took me this long to reply to your post. Didn't feel like being online in the evenings. I kind of miss being online, I miss the good chats, on the other hand having things to do "in real life" is nice as well.

Yvo! I have been a bit busy too. Couldn't find time to post but still read MTF almost every day. I sure love chatting here and Fed Forum.

Quote:
Yay for you liking it have you continued your read? Are you any further now?
I wish I could stop after a few pages. Once I start reading I want to finish the book. When I'm desperate to finish a book I can read a few hundred pages a day
I finished reading it. I am giving it to a friend of mine next week. Right now, I have started a new book "The interpretation of murder" by Jed Rubenfeld and I am liking it a lot too. I didn't think I would like mystery before, but I thoroughly enjoy both novels. I still couldn't read too many pages each time like you though. So have you finished reading the Zorro?

Quote:
Not that original either, he was on the tour for a while already when I became a fan. Just never had the chance to see him until 2005, became a fan rightaway.
Yeah that Davis Cup match I will remember. Still have to smile when I think about that commentator
Being Marco's fan since 2005 is still more original than since 2009. That Chew-in-della or Chandelier. I am kind of in tennis withdrawal stage these days and enjoying other activities like reading.

Quote:
A few years ago I used to have a Donkey avatar on mtf all the time. Then a friend of mine took the Puss-in-Boots avatar and other people joined us with other Shrek stars. Was pretty funny, we were one big team. One poster on mtf still calls me Donkey
Yeah R sounds can be hard, but I don't know anyone who would pronounce a R instead of an L
Did I just sew that Donkey somewhere a few days ago? That sounds like a fun a group. Do they not post in MTF any more? I think most have trouble pronouncing R rather than the other way around. I see Spanish language has 2 Rs sound. I could roll my tongue all I want but I won't still get it right.

Quote:
Yep, a journal of life, that's what everybody needs. It's just fun to look at photos of when I was a kid. So I will always have to print some when I go somewhere. Not all photos of everyday life, but things that makes a year special compared to others, those have to be memorized and not just digitally

I agree with you.

Quote:
I am sure later when there are other tennis stars, I will tell the younger people about the time of Roger. The way people talk now about guys like Borg and McEnroe. It will be special when mentioning guys you've actually seen playing. (I've once seen McEnroe though on a senior tournament, but that doesn't count of course with "seeing someone play")
Such things you have to experiences, I mean seeing the faces of the less famous guys. I often tried to explain people what I like about qualies, but that is very hard. You don't realize how much fun it is, until you really go there.
Yeah. I think we are lucky to have been able to watch Roger plays. I would have loved to see McEnroe and Borg too. Are they still playing senior tours? Yes. I totally agree with you about less famous players also. The fun of watching them win a hard fought match is very pleasing in a different way. I certainly appreciate you for encouraging me to go to the qualies. I am totally hooked at once. I can hardly wait until next year USO.

Quote:
Yep, that's why I love Europe and most probably will always live in Europe. The countries are pretty different with landscapes, languages and even cultures. It's so much fun.
Would you be willing to travel on your own? I as well had problems with different times of travelling than friends and I am happy I discovered the fun thing of travelling alone.

Yep, but not sure if I can make it every year. After a while it gets boring as well if it's something yearly. Still haven't made up my mind where I would like to go.
I love those landscapes. I don't know if I would travel alone. I think I would prefer a companion who has similar interests.

Your next birthday is only a few months away, right? But you don't need so much advance planning like getting entry visas, looking for cheaper air tickets etc.., right?
clever1980 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 12:16 AM   #3182
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Tarrie. I've missed chatting to you.

Miss Roger? And how are you?
Old 10-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #3183
country flag clever1980

clever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond reputeclever1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
Tarrie. I've missed chatting to you.

Miss Roger? And how are you?
Nadine! I am fine but busy my dear. Thanks. I hope all is well with you too. Yes. Tennis isn't the same without Roger playing.. I guess 2 more weeks before we get to see Roger again?
Old 10-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #3184
country flag Dini

Dini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond reputeDini has a reputation beyond repute

Yup two weeks, Basel starts on the 2nd of Nov. Can't wait.

It's getting really late here Tarrie so I'm off to bed. Take care and I hope to chat with you again soon.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:12 AM   #3185
country flag clever1980

Quote:
No, no, NO! Try to keep the good habit

Quote:
Hope you will have a nice day, on this holiday
I did in fact have some rest and be lazy. Thanks.

Quote:
I wonder as well... I've no idea about those other guys. Actually I'm somebody who is not too interested in the private life of my favourites. It's the tennis life why I like for them.
I am mostly interested in their tennis life as well but it is nice to know when they have big changes in their lives like having gotten married or having kids.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #3186
country flag clever1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infini. View Post
Yup two weeks, Basel starts on the 2nd of Nov. Can't wait.

It's getting really late here Tarrie so I'm off to bed. Take care and I hope to chat with you again soon.

Hopefully I would see you during one of Roger's matches in cheers thread Nadine.

Good night Nadine. Sweet dream. (Possibly with the hairy Yeti in it.. )
Old 10-18-2009, 08:14 AM   #3187
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever1980 View Post
Yvo! I have been a bit busy too. Couldn't find time to post but still read MTF almost every day. I sure love chatting here and Fed Forum.
Seems life is comparable, yeah I try to check mtf daily, but it's impossible to reply every time as well. Even while Fed Forum is great...

Quote:
I finished reading it. I am giving it to a friend of mine next week. Right now, I have started a new book "The interpretation of murder" by Jed Rubenfeld and I am liking it a lot too. I didn't think I would like mystery before, but I thoroughly enjoy both novels. I still couldn't read too many pages each time like you though. So have you finished reading the Zorro?
Congrats on finishing the book and already having started another book you like I don't know this book, what is this book about?
I haven't finished Zorro yet, been busy during hte week. But I read a few hundred pages yesterday. Might try to finish it today. But htink I still got about 200 pages left. But the book is very good so far. Of course I recognize a lot of the famous story, watched some movies, the tv shows... btw. it's not the original story I read, maybe I should do that once as well.

Quote:
Being Marco's fan since 2005 is still more original than since 2009. That Chew-in-della or Chandelier. I am kind of in tennis withdrawal stage these days and enjoying other activities like reading.
true, but still miss a long part of his history on tour. Chew-in-della a name to remember...
I haven't seen any tennis in a very long time, I try to follow some scores, but I suck. Maybe it's time for the tennis-break and I can give another try of following it in the new season. Usually the first 6 months of the year are easier to follow for me

Quote:
Did I just sew that Donkey somewhere a few days ago? That sounds like a fun a group. Do they not post in MTF any more? I think most have trouble pronouncing R rather than the other way around. I see Spanish language has 2 Rs sound. I could roll my tongue all I want but I won't still get it right.

Yep, Ginger (I still name her after the little gingerbread man) is a fan of Marco as well. She made a visit to his thread after she met him last week.

Most of them stopped posting indeed, I am still in contact with some of them though, via msn/facebook. I don't remember who were all part of the group, I think we were with at least 8 or something. But only Ginger and I sticked to the names, the others I call by their name. (or another nick ) mtf is confusing with all the many names.

Quote:

Yeah. I think we are lucky to have been able to watch Roger plays. I would have loved to see McEnroe and Borg too. Are they still playing senior tours? Yes. I totally agree with you about less famous players also. The fun of watching them win a hard fought match is very pleasing in a different way. I certainly appreciate you for encouraging me to go to the qualies. I am totally hooked at once. I can hardly wait until next year USO.
We are definitely lucky They play senior tours once in a while I think, those are fun to watch, lots of entertainment compared to the normal tournies. And a nice chance to see those heroes after all.
Glad you like the qualies. I really think it's cool to visit. And best is, you get to know a tournament in a different way. For me esp. Rotterdam is special with qualies. Since 2005 I've been there every year, both days to qualies and always have lots of fun supporting some less famous guys, who really appreciate it. Then after the qualies are over and you go to the first day of MD, you have a special feeling, because you know everything already, while other people are excited about a first day of the tournament. And you feel more connected to the players as well.

I think the year I felt this feeling most was in 2006. In that year Michi participated. And of course I brought my Swiss flag for him. When I arrived early, I took a seat at the stage near practise courts, because matches had not started yet. And Michi arrived. I had met him a few months before, Marco had introduced me to him. And he seemed to remember, vaguely. When he arrived he looked at me, you could see him thinking. But he did only nod quickly and went on court. So after we went to the matches. First Bastl played, vs. Dominik Meffert. We took my Swiss flag out of the bag, but fun thing was that the coach of meffert was sitting next to me and he laughed about it. But he didn't mind, esp. because he and Michi could get along and since that match of Bastl, all those players (Bastl, Meffert, the coach of Meffi and a guy who had come with Meffert to practise) started to greet me as soon as they noticed me. So when I came during the MD days, they did so as well. Felt really special, esp. because other people thought I belonged to the group. (even the security, when everybody had to leave. They didn't tell me to leave )

Quote:
I love those landscapes. I don't know if I would travel alone. I think I would prefer a companion who has similar interests.

Your next birthday is only a few months away, right? But you don't need so much advance planning like getting entry visas, looking for cheaper air tickets etc.., right?
Maybe you should give it a try once, to a place near by. When you like it, you can do so more often, when you don't, you know you have tried at least
But I can understand that you would prefer a companion, many people think that way. And it's fun indeed when you can share your thoughts, and have someone with you so you know you won't feel lonely.

It's not until next year, but the thing is that I need to think of it now, because I will need to ask days off at work. They rather want me to do that a few months before. (I hate that, I rather decide last minute to take time off )

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #3188
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by clever1980 View Post

I did in fact have some rest and be lazy. Thanks.
lazy days are good
I had the most wonderful lazy afternoon yesterday, there was sports on tv (first gymnastics and then cycling) and in the mean while I was reading. Guess this afternoon will be about the same for me...

Quote:
I am mostly interested in their tennis life as well but it is nice to know when they have big changes in their lives like having gotten married or having kids.
You're right there. It's nice to see changes. But I can't really think about if things change if I don't know it will happen soon/if it has just happened. So I just care about the sports, and if I hear something about changes in their personal life, ah well then I know... and will see if it changes their game as well

Hopp Suisse!
Old 10-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #3189
country flag didadida

didadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond reputedidadida has a reputation beyond repute

Hallo everybody

the recipe is simple yet but extremely rare:buckets of athletic ability coupled with gallons of mental tenacity are the core ingredients that produce a Tiger Woods,a Michael Jordan...a Roger Federer

roger is the best
didadida is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-18-2009, 11:29 AM   #3190
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Donna! That's too long ago. How are you?

Hopp Suisse!
Old 10-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #3191
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Suk
I am too busy this 2 months.....

Thanks for your kind.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-18-2009, 03:56 PM   #3192
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

I'm busy as well, but I still kind of enjoy it. Was happy with my lazy weekend though. Spent my day comparable to yesterday. No road cycling on tv though, so had to watch some other sports Finished the book

Hopp Suisse!
Old 10-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #3193
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

I feel very weary after work. I am too tired.
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-19-2009, 04:41 PM   #3194
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Take your rest Suk

I don't know when I have to work this week
My schedule says tomorrow morning, wednesday whole day, Thursday off, Friday whole day, Saturday morning... but they will be working on the computer system. so I might have to work on Thursday and have Friday and Saturday off Will be impossible to schedule something to do!

Hopp Suisse!
Old 10-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #3195
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

That's life Yvo

I have to much work to do

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread