Roger news and articles - Page 81 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #1201
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger news and articles

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #1202
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond repute

Eden, thanks so much! The interview is great!!!!!!!!!!!!
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 03:21 PM   #1203
country flag Crazy Girl

Crazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maja12 View Post
Eden, thanks so much! The interview is great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I add me!!

You know...At this point you can place me in every "position" you like.

Also the little sheep (or doggy-style). As you prefer, Olderer.
Crazy Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:36 PM   #1204
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

You are welcome

Federer is different class to Nadal, says Bjorkman

Published October 12, 201

Reuters

"There's a difference in class and Federer is a much, much better player than (world number one Rafael) Nadal at this point in time," Sweden's former world number four told Reuters.

Bjorkman's assessment may raise a few eyebrows considering Nadal has won seven tournaments this season, including the French Open, Wimbledon and U.S. Open crowns.

However, Bjorkman was adamant that nine-times slam winner Nadal could only be compared to the Swiss maestro once the Spaniard had matched Federer's staying power at the big four events.

Not only has the 29-year-old won a record 16 majors but he also reached an astonishing 23 consecutive grand slam semi-finals -- a record many pundits believe is unbreakable.

"It's a question of injuries and motivation and how long he (Nadal) can continue, but the big difference is that Federer is such a great ambassador. He does so much to market tennis.
Nadal will need to stay healthy for a long time and break all of Federers records before it's even worth discussing."

Even though Federer has endured a lean season, by his own high standards, Bjorkman was delighted that he managed to pursuade Federer to compete in Sweden.

"He missed the tournament once before and he said that he wanted to make it up to people. He's a fantastic ambassador, he doesn't usually miss tournaments and he really felt that he wanted to come back here," Bjorkman said as he watched an amateur player hit forehands on the center court of the Royal Tennis Hall.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2010/1...says-bjorkman/
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:19 PM   #1205
country flag sabina_RF_lee

sabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Eden!
Bjorkman!!!!!!! So true...love it
Old 10-13-2010, 02:36 AM   #1206
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Now we know why Roger wanted to play Stockholm
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:42 AM   #1207
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Roger answering fan questions for ATP China
translated from scarlett on Rf.com

Roger's Answers to Fans' Questions
(ATP Official Release)

以下是罗杰·费德勒对球迷提问的回答!

Q: Roger, hello! From some old photos of yours I can see that you were once a ballboy. Do you think this experience in your childhood has some sort of help in your current tennis career?

回答 A:I remember very well when I was a ball kid at my home tournament in Basel. It was such a great experience to be able to see the very best players so close and learn from them, so that was important for me in my early stages.

Q: If, say, you didn't choose tennis, what profession would you like to do the most? You have mentioned that perhaps you would hang the racket after 6 years, but have you ever thought of what you would do after that? Do you want your daughters to become tennis players as well?

回答A:I still want to play tennis for a few years, I would like my daughters to see me play, now they are too young. I think I will be involved in tennis in some way in the future but it is early to think about that, I still have have a lot of things that I would like to achieve. I liked soccer very much when I was young so I could have become a professional player in soccer.

Q: What means more to you - the 5 consecutive Wimbledon Championships or the 5 consecutive USO Championships? You have to pick one.

回答A:They are both incredible achievements, Wimbledon is obviously such a great event, so special and my first title but what I did in New York is also very remarkable and important for me.

Q: Your career seems to be quite perfect after you completed Career Grand Slam. Many have doubted that you still have motivation playing forward, and that you might choose to retire. You have stated many times that you still have motivation in tennis and it still excites you. I want to ask what is the source of your motivation? Is it your love to tennis or your happy family? It seems to your present state, it's more a enjoyment to play in a tournament, is this enjoyment more than the desire of winning competition?

回答A:I love tennis and it is not difficult to be motivated, I always want to be the best I can be. Having a family now and having my wife and daughters travelling with me everywhere, it contributes to me having a balanced life.

Q: China is a familiar place to you, but only in Master Cups it seems, because you have fond memories from winning the Master Cups, and you have the pities of losing a few as well. You have your glory moment of winning the Olympic Gold, and you have the moment of calmness when you are wearing a Chinese traditional outfit facing the camera. I would like to know, is there still anything else you would like to learn about China? About Chinese women tennis break-through, do you like to comment a bit on Chinese men's tennis? If I might remind you, you have over 100 million fans in China by count. Thank you!

回答A:I love playing in China, I played my first year-end event in 2002 and kept coming back. I would love to learn a few words in Chinese, I love speaking languages. The Chinese women have already made their mark at the top level and I am sure that the men will have more and more success. It is just a matter of time and experience.

Q: Hi Federer, I have a question for you. The gap between players in men's pro tennis is getting smaller, it is particularly important for a player to play well on key points. How would you enhance your focus while you are playing key points, especially when your opponent has 2 or even 3 breakpoints against you? Your fans seem to be much more stressed than yourself.

回答A:You can never lose your focus or get down on yourself, you always have to stay strong no matter what the score is. Competition doesn’t get any easier.

Q: As a top world athlete, what kind of change your new coach Annacone brought to you? At your age, perhaps it's unlikely that you are going to reinvent your strategy, so what type of direction your coach is giving you on stretegy part? And what kind of effect it has on you mentally?

You are already the GOAT, how much motivation of winning a title do you have? Where is that motivation coming from?

回答A:Paul is a very nice guy and he's very calm and has experience as a player as well as a coach. It is good to hear a different, fresh opinion on how I need to handle myself both from a tactical and a mental standpoint.

Of course, if I did not have the motivation, I would not be playing.

Q: Could you describe a bit of your daily life? When you have a match and don't have a match? (e.g. what time do you get up, eat breakfast, training, bed time, any other entertainments that are non tennis related?

回答A:It is a normal life when I am away from tournaments, I need to practice and work on my fitness but I get to spend more time with my family which is fantastic. Luckily they travel with me so whenever I have a break from my tournament routine, I am with them.

Q: Although there aren't any young players (born after 1990) in top 100, as the King of Tennis, I bet you concern about the next generation as well. Amongst those young players named Ryan Harrison, Nishikori Kei, Devin Britton or even Maron Fusovics, do you think any of those could be "King" in the future?

回答A:Yes, for sure those players will be at the top one day. It is probably a bit more difficult to break through now because the game has become more physical and players reach the top at a slightly older age than before.

Q:We always write to Federer (address) and sometimes we received a reply with the autographed Federerbear. I want to ask, do you actually read your fans' letters sometimes? Do you think the letters/comments could help you in some way?

回答A:I like to read what my fans write, especially on my facebook profile, I wish I could read and respond to them all! Of course it is important to have their support and I do appreciate the fact that I have been voted the fans’ favourite player on the ATP web site the last few years.

http://cn.atpworldtour.com/News/Tenn...m-Federer.aspx
Old 10-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #1208
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou so much!!!!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:38 AM   #1209
country flag Fed_Ds

Federer takes time for Mandarin lessons in Shanghai

SHANGHAI — He may never shout at umpires or linesmen, but if he ever needed to, Roger Federer might soon be able to voice his displeasure in Mandarin after taking his first lesson at the Shanghai Open.

The Swiss third seed said he and his inner circle had their first class in the main language of government and daily life in China.

Federer, who speaks four tongues fluently, said the private lesson went well for him, but not so well for others in his group -- presumably including monolingual American coach Paul Annacone.

"It was a private lesson for the team. But they gave up after 10 minutes, and I was the guy who was saying the words and sentences," he said. "I was the guy who was really learning, not them.

"One lesson so far," said Federer. "We're going slow, little by little. It's not an easy language. It's hard, you know, but maybe I'll pick up a few sentences here and there."

Link:http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...0a04a947dc.3b1
Old 10-15-2010, 06:44 AM   #1210
country flag SUKTUEN

thankyou!!!!
Old 10-18-2010, 10:02 PM   #1211
country flag Fed_Ds

French interview posted on tsr.ch

www.tsr.ch/sport/tennis/messieurs/2592235-roger-federer-sait-qu-il-saura-reagir.html[/url]
Google translation...

After the Shanghai tournament where Roger Federer has failed in the final against Andy Murray, Federer is the point. He reconsiders his decision not to play Davis Cup and talks about his coaches and the season ahead.
The second attempt to return to Roger Federer's place in world No. 1 Rafael Nadal has had a setback on Sunday in Shanghai with an appeal without defeat Andy Murray (6-3 6-2). Moments after the meeting, gave Federer a lengthy interview Sportinformation.

- Are you disappointed not to have picked the title in Shanghai ?

ROGER FEDERER:"I of course wanted to win this tournament. But I'm not frustrated. The final result of the final does not affect me. We should not always interpret the results. The important thing to me is to have had my chance in the final. I played well this week. I am satisfied with the level of my game Murray was simply the best this time. He deserves his victory. "

- Your best years are behind you, it says. How do you react to such remarks ?

ROGER FEDERER:"The media play a vital role on this issue. Nadal has won the last three Grand Slam titles. It is clearly the best today. But all the players, even Nadal, are experiencing difficult times. Any ranking is" fragile " . We saw it last June. On the one hand Nadal wins Wimbledon, where he had not played the previous year. On the other hand, I am the defending champion and I go out in the quarterfinals of the tournament. In accounting terms, the difference amounts to 3500 points between Rafa and myself. And then we say that Federer is no longer in the game ... "

- Does it bother you ?

ROGER FEDERER: "Not really, since people who know the sport know how to share things. It is however unfortunate that it is found to be substantially on the results in Grand Slam tournaments. This is not my fault that there is more to the end of the year. But I'm not playing for anything other four tournaments after Shanghai. I want to show that I am fit, I am able to win still a lot of titles coming years. I have always reacted whenever we talked about me negatively. "

Davis Cup: "I need a break"

- For the first year, you decided not to play Davis Cup. You've been criticized for this choice ...

ROGER FEDERER: "This weekend's Davis Cup for me was also a horror. I was in Dubai before the" liveticker "and hoped a successful outcome. I want to say to the criticism that I have always communicated openly with the team before the trip to Kazakhstan. But I can not chase all the objectives. Most people can understand. I still want to play Davis Cup. My career is going to last long. And my goals remain high: the Grand Slams , classification, every tournament. "

- You play with abandoned in Astana because ...

ROGER FEDERER: "I needed a break after the U.S. Open. I had to digest this North American tour. It would have been risky for my health to play in Kazakhstan. On the other hand, I planned a long time before Shanghai training phase. These shifts are important, also in view of next year. "

- You have two coaches this summer. This new work does as you hope?

ROGER FEDERER: "Yes. Annacone Paul brings a new look and new ideas in the team. But Severin Lüthi also remains on board. I trained with him in Dubai. But Paul was by my side these past two weeks. At Severin accompany me tournaments in Europe. Working with the two makes a change that is beneficial. "

- You state your desire to play much longer. Do you not having motivation problems? Did you not afraid that the young guard is beyond you?

ROGER FEDERER: "I have no problem with motivation. I want my daughters to see me play at my peak. They're still a little young now. I know I can still fight, today and tomorrow, the best players. I am confident as I am in full health that was not the case in recent years. I had mononucleosis and back problems. I was not able to train like I wanted. "

No surprises for 2012
- You set your schedule for 2012. Behavior there any surprises?

ROGER FEDERER: "No. I will play the same tournaments in recent years. I will start the season in Qatar. After Indian Wells and Miami, I'll play on clay in Rome and Madrid before Roland Garros. After Wimbledon, it is possible that I argue Davis Cup. But the program of the second part of the year is not yet established.

- In China, the excitement around you was huge. It touches you there forever?

ROGER FEDERER: "Yes. Fans in China are special. I get so many gifts from them. I had to buy a suitcase to bring them back. They are sent to my daughters. But I also receive books that illustrate my career" .
Old 10-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #1212
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interviews.
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #1213
country flag SUKTUEN

Old 10-19-2010, 12:07 PM   #1214
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

no Monte Carlo

Right Wing Spreads Despicable Lie About Shooting Victim, In Order To Support Their Race Hate (IMAGES)
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/08...eir-race-hate/
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #1215
country flag SUKTUEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by timafi View Post
no Monte Carlo