Roger news and articles - Page 78 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-23-2010, 05:37 AM   #1156
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger news and articles

Thankyou so so much my GOD!!!!!!!!!!

Congrat King Roger !!!!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #1157
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, tidbit from Mary Carillo:

IT: He was Mr. Grace — like Baryshnikov. Everything was so easy. But he hasn’t been looking that wonderful. He’s been going down to Gulbis, Montanes…

MC: This is where it gets interesting. This is a guy who loves every bit of the process. Now he’s got twins. Mary Joe [Fernandez] was telling me that after the Australian Open he decided to take a two-week vacation with Mirka and the babies in the Swiss mountains. But they made a rookie parenting error. They decided not to take nannies with them. Then the kids get sick. Mirka gets sick and is in the hospital, so now it’s Roger with a sick Mirka and sick baby twins and then he got a lung infection. So he isn’t feeling great. He doesn’t get any rest and doesn’t practice. And that guy grinds. So I’m not that surprised that he doesn’t get the traction he’s used to having.

http://www.insidetennis.com/2010/08/carillo-talk/
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:28 AM   #1158
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Here's an audio from the NYC Nike event.. I hope it's okay to post here.
It's also with Nadal Sharapova and Azarenka but really interesting stuff from Rog I think
http://blog.gvtnews.com/2010/08/25/n...-azarenka.aspx
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:40 PM   #1159
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou so much!
Old 08-27-2010, 09:48 PM   #1160
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Roger is going to play a benefit match against Rafa for his foundation on December 21st in Zürich.

All infos can be found here https://www.credit-suisse.com/global/rogerfederer/

together with the promotion video which we weren't allowed to see for a while
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #1161
country flag SUKTUEN

Go Roger!!!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #1162
country flag Eden
# Support the Swiss

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

There was an interview with Roger in todays Swiss newspaper BLICK where he talks about his rivalry with Rafa and the upcoming showmatch in Zürich. Unfortunately you could just read a little bit of the interview on the internet, the rest is in the printed version which I don't have.

But I translated what I could read on the internet:

Quote:
Federer is looking forward to play against Nadal in Zürich

“Our rivalry isn’t that fierce”

On December 21st Switzerland is finally going to see a match between Federer and Nadal. The tennisstar talks in this exclusive interview about his close relationship to his rival Nadal and about his form before the US Open, which starts tomorrow.

By Christian Bürge

Roger Federer, you are going to play in Zürich an exhibition match against Rafael Nadal. This will be your first meeting in Switzerland. You waited a long time for this.

Yes, unfortunately we only met so far abroad. That’s a pity because there is always something in the air when we play against each other. May it be a showmatch or in a tournament. We have a healthy rivalry and at the same time get along really well. The people feel and appreciate it. This evening in Zürich is even more precious because every income is for my foundation for kids in Africa. I wanted to do something like this already for a while. Now we are going for it. It’s great that Rafa immediately said yes.

This match between you and Nadal in Switzerland could be a one-time-only thing. He probably plays in Valencia during the time of the Swiss Indoors in Basel.

Well, who knows. Of course it’s very costly to organize such an event for an evening. It’s much more easier to organize a tournament for one week. We have to look for the smallest details. I hope that people will find time on that date. I think that they will enjoy the show.

Beside 21 real matches on the tour you played a few exhibitions. The most spectacular one was the one in Mallorca were the court was on the one half on clay and on the other one on grass. Can the encounter in Zürich be even better?

Of course it was a very funny idea: The king of clay played against the king of grass. Both of us had an incredible winning streak on our favorite surface. It was special but at the same time strange to have to change the shoes at every changeover. It meant a lot for Rafa to play at home and I also enjoyed the stadium and the great atmosphere there. We like to play against each other. It’s no question that we will play more showmatches.

You are a successful and rich sportsman. How much do you feel obligated to organize an event for people who are socially disadvantaged?

Of course you try to give something back. I don’t see it as an obligation. You should identify with what you are doing. In the States charities have a bigger tradition as here in Europe. Therefore I wanted to make a big event in Switzerland. An evening where we can collect lots of money. This means a lot for me. I waited until everything was ideal and I found the right partners. I’m looking forward to present Rafa to the Swiss. These are things which other people even with a lot of money can’t do.

On the internet one can see a promotion clip for this exhibition which shows you and Nadal. You are making jokes together and teasing each other like brothers. On the court a fierce rivalry, off court best friends. Where lays the truth?

On the court it’s of course highly competitive. You want to win. Off the court is something different. We are very often in contact. We are both in the players council – me as a president, he as a vice – and therefore have to talk about lots of things and making decisions. Then we are doing the promotions for the tournaments. We have played on the race track of Abu Dhabi, in front of the Colosseum in Rome and so on. Adding to this we are often the last players at the end of a tournament which are in the players’ lounge. So it’s normal that you talk to each other. We get along really well. Our rivalry isn’t as fierce as some people think. As you can see you can also have fun together. I honestly think that the men’s tour is really easy in this regard.

The US Open approach. Your results in Toronto and Cincinatti are a clear sign. Do you really feel that well?

The results of the tournaments make me positive for the US Open and the rest of the season. We are playing on this surface now for the next 8 months. You can’t underestimate it. It’s a hard trip. Therefore a good start is important. Everyone can play tennis on hardcourt. It’s clay and grass where is a separating the wheat from the chaff. I may not have played my best tennis of all times, but it was enough to win important matches which gave me the self-confidence which I didn’t have lately. Meanwhile I was also able to cure everything. The problems which I had in Wimbledon. It’s a surprise for me that the buildup pays off so soon. On the other hand it shows the hard work from the past years. It was a small step for all the many things I still want to achieve.

Which players do you reckon at the US Open with?

I’m sure that Murray will do well. He convinced in Toronto and played really well. You can never skip Rafa. Djokovic hasn’t beat a top 10 player this season – which is a huge surprise for me -, but he played really well against me. The Americans are there. Roddick, Querrey, Fish. Also Nalbandian is back again.
Original article can be found here: http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/so-...r-nicht-154276
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #1163
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the translation.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #1164
country flag sabina_RF_lee

sabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond reputesabina_RF_lee has a reputation beyond repute

Great interview! Thanks!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #1165
country flag SUKTUEN

thanks!!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #1166
country flag Matt H

Matt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond reputeMatt H has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much, Eden. That was great.
Matt H is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #1167
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Here's one by Steve Tignor that was in this months issue of TENNIS magazine
posted on RF.com some days ago

Quote:

Under "Players We Love"

ROGER FEDERER

Are there any praises left to sing? At 29, with years left on his career, Roger Federer is already recognized in the eyes of many experts as the best who has ever played. Whether you are talking about him from a statistical or an aesthetic point of view, it's hard to argue. Two achievements alone are enough to sum up Federer's dominance over the last 7 seasons. In that short period of time, he went from zero Grand Slam titles to 16, and along the way he reached a previously unthinkable 23 consecutive semifinals at the majors. Both are men's records destined to last for years, decades, and maybe, in the case of the semifinal streak, forever. Winning big and winning consistently - you can't ask anything more of a player.

Just as remarkable has been the way Federer has dominated. In the era of the power game, he's done with beauty, with touch, with variety, with stylishly efficient technique, with serene calm and slashing violence, with a mix of the traditional and the modern. On one side he uses an old-fashioned and effortlessly flowing one-handed backhand; on the other he uncoils viciously through a state-of-the-art topspin forehand.

This is why I love to watch Federer. He encompasses the game. Countless times I've walked around the grounds at the US Open, sampling a match here and there, seeing playes struggle with their service motions, spray unforced errors, suffer through agonizing mental meltdowns. Countless times I've left the grounds behind, walked into the big court inside Arthur Ashe stadium, and let Federer remind me of how tennis, in an ideal and usually unreachable world, is supposed to be played. Federer's service motion couldn't be simpler - he does nothing more than toss the ball and hit it. On his ground strokes, he keeps his eye on the ball all the way through contact, just like you're taught, and just like few of us can. Between points, Federer sticks to the old, gentlemanly codes of this individual sport. He doesn't waste time setting up to serve, he doesn't boss the kids around, he doesn't grunt, and he doesn't look to his box to tell him what to do. He keeps his head down, and, occasional Hawkeye harangue aside, his mouth shut. I feel calmer when I watch Federer. The struggles and failures of the outer courts are forgotten; here everything is possible. With some players I want the spectacural. But with Federer the routine is beautiful enough. I don't need to see him carve up a delicate touch volley to know that I'm in good hands.

--Stephen Tignor
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:57 PM   #1168
country flag SUKTUEN

Thank you so much
Old 09-02-2010, 07:27 AM   #1169
country flag soraya

soraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond reputesoraya has a reputation beyond repute

Cute article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...Tabs%3Darticle
"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali“

————————————
soraya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #1170
country flag SUKTUEN