Roger news and articles - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 AM   #16
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger news and articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluefan View Post
The first thread was closed because it exceeded the recommended 5000 posts. Part two started.

VB message board does not handle large threads well.
any chance of accessing that old thread again? So many years of news & articles about Roger...

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 10:41 AM   #17
country flag Obey.my.dreamz

Obey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond reputeObey.my.dreamz has a reputation beyond repute

yea, i just dont get who drop that load of crap telling he is wiping tears?! i mean he was MAD not SAD!,.. i could see how he breathe fire ,..he was just sweating from the match and from the anger,. *u kno how anger = faster heartbeat=sweat...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3330/...fb6fcba8_m.jpg
Obey.my.dreamz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #18
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

I also think that losing the article thread is a huge shame, it should have been closed at 4500 and kept as an archive, same with the funny pictures thread on GM, what a shame.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #19
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

I really really hope that things are fixed so that the old Roger News and Articles thread can be a read only thread.. It'd be sad to lose all that
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:31 PM   #20
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

why it should be delete but not only close the old thread?
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 01:55 PM   #21
country flag Eden
Thanks for a great year

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Federer will be back

Martin Kelner

April 11. 2009

The target nagging away and frustrating Roger Federer is Pete Sampras's record haul of 14 grand slam titles. Randi Sokoloff / The National

Are Roger Federer’s powers on the wane? That is the question intriguing the world of tennis as we head for grand slams in Paris, Wimbledon, and New York.

The same question was asked last year after his heavy defeat to Rafael Nadal in the French Open, and further disappointment in a thrilling final at Wimbledon. Federer, however, showed with his straight sets victory over Andy Murray at the US Open how deluded those critics were who leapt in to administer the last rites to a wonderful career.

It would, of course, be similarly unwise now to rule the Swiss genius out of the upcoming slams, but his petulant reaction to his defeat to Novak Djokovic in the semi-final at the Miami Masters was a sign that Federer himself is starting to worry about the decline in his game in recent tournaments.

It is by no means unusual to see a player smash his racket, fail to shake hands with the umpire, and be glum and unresponsive in a press conference after losing a match. But not Federer.

He has built a reputation on being cool and dispassionate, putting disappointment behind him, and maintaining focus on the challenges ahead. His reaction in Miami was so much against type, it was as if Shane Warne had announced he was giving up cricket to become a Trappist Monk.

Clearly, the target that is nagging away and frustrating Federer is Pete Sampras’s record haul of 14 grand slam titles. Federer is one short of the total, and came desperately close to reaching it at this year’s Australian Open. His disappointed reaction in Melbourne after defeat to Nadal gives you an idea how important the record is to Roger, and normally you would expect him to win another slam or two – possibly Wimbledon this year – before a gentle decline, and the final ride into the sunset.

His problem now is the form being shown by his rivals on the tour. This is something of a golden age for men’s tennis, with Nadal, Djokovic, and Murray all playing better than ever. Behind them in the rankings, Del Potro, Verdasco, Roddick, and Simon are all capable of upsetting any of the top players. There was certainly not this depth of talent at the top of the tennis tree when Sampras was racking up his titles.

Having said that, I expect Federer to equal Sampras’s record, if not this year, then next.

He is not even 28-years-old yet, and having had the benefit of the best wisdom on nutrition, coaching, and physiotherapy since his teenage years, there is no reason on earth to expect much in the way of physical decline for some time yet.

As with most competitors in individual sports, the main enemy to be feared is between his ears. Failure in Miami rattled him, but experience tells you he will regroup and continue to be the opponent his rivals in the top four least want to encounter.

My view is that Federer’s appearance in 10 consecutive grand slam men’s singles finals between 2005 and 2007 make him the greatest tennis player, and only a curmudgeon would deny him the final slam triumph to cement that title.

Source: http://www.thenational.ae/article/20...ate=columnists
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #22
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #23
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Federer will be back

I love this title!!
Old 04-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #24
country flag timafi

timafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond reputetimafi has a reputation beyond repute

he will no question

Inquiry Into I.R.S. Lapses Shows No Links to White House (DEC. 23, 2014): An 18-month congressional investigation into the Internal Revenue Service’s mistreatment of conservative political groups seeking tax exemptions failed to show coordination between agency officials and political operatives in the White House, according to a report released on Tuesday.Republican lawmakers, dismissing the Obama administration’s denials, have suggested that the delays were not only politically motivated but also orchestrated by the White House.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/24/us...ouse.html?_r=0
timafi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #25
country flag Carlita
Bite me.....

Carlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond reputeCarlita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN View Post
why it should be delete but not only close the old thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickcy View Post
I really really hope that things are fixed so that the old Roger News and Articles thread can be a read only thread.. It'd be sad to lose all that
I shall try to bring back the news / articles thread and the picture thread as soon as I have some time. It takes up quite a bit of time so it might not be overnight
Carlita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:36 AM   #26
country flag lamnathalie

lamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond reputelamnathalie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ View Post
I shall try to bring back the news / articles thread and the picture thread as soon as I have some time. It takes up quite a bit of time so it might not be overnight
Many thanks, Carlita

un pour tous, tous pour un

~♠ Richard Gasquet| Gilles Simon ♠~
lamnathalie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 05:52 AM   #27
country flag trickcy

trickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond reputetrickcy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Carlita*~ View Post
Thanks Carlita If it's back sometime, it'd be awesome
trickcy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:54 AM   #28
country flag SUKTUEN

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Federer!

GOD Bless Federer's family have a happy life forever!!!!!!!!!

OFF COURT - MR. AND MRS. FEDERER

Dear Fans

Earlier today, in my hometown of Basel, surrounded by a small group of close friends and family, Mirka and I got married. It was a beautiful spring day and an incredibly joyous occasion.

Mr. and Mrs. Roger Federer wish all of you a Happy Easter weekend.

Love,
Roger
Old 04-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #29
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Brief-Tennis-Federer marries long-term girlfriend

WELLINGTON, April 12 (Reuters) - World number two Roger Federer married his long-time girlfriend Mirka Vavrinec in his home town of Basel in Switzerland on Saturday.

“Earlier today…surrounded by a small group of close friends and family, Mirka and I got married,” Federer said on his official website (www.rogerfederer.com). “It was a beautiful spring day and an incredibly joyous occasion.”

Federer and Vavrinec met at the Sydney Olympics in 2000. Federer said last month they were expecting their first child later this year.

(Reporting by Greg Stutchbury; Editing by John Mehaffey; To query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com)

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #30
country flag SUKTUEN