Roger news and articles - Page 108 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-15-2012, 07:12 PM   #1606
country flag solowyn
Banned!

solowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond reputesolowyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Roger news and articles

No offence Karin () but I'll be rooting extra hard against Nads this AO
solowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2012, 07:47 PM   #1607
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solowyn View Post
no offense indeed; the earlier he loses, the more weeks off he can have! so it's a win-win result!
Old 01-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #1608
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No prob. I sort-of can see where you're coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
no offense indeed; the earlier he loses, the more weeks off he can have! so it's a win-win result!

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 AM   #1609
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #1610
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I feel very bad for Roger

It seems that Nadal's demagogy has finally paid off.

It will be very hard in next months for Fed to deal in the meantime with his tennis, his family and with the players' concerns, all the more as he wants both to to keep on representing the players and taking a bigger scope on the Tour than the more vocal top-players. That would be so much easier if he just said "OK Nadal, Djokovic, Murray you want that, I want the same, after all, also for me it would be better" ... instead of trying to look at the whole Tour (not only the lower-ranked players but also the fans, the traditions, the young players, everything).

We look at all that from an outside view but politics can be very grueling, and worrying, as long as you don't merely speak demagogy and simple solutions but really try to improve things for everybody.

Once again Nadal will be the main responsible for killing him. It seems that it was what he was only made for.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #1611
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

^^ Aren't you being a bit over-dramatic? Nobody's being 'killed'...
The last thing I read about it is that it was just a usual case of journo's exxagerating and pulling the whole incident out of context. Pretty sure Rog and Raf will be able to patch things up.

Anathema

Old 01-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #1612
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Roger's used to Rafa's whining in the meetings; it's only news to us because it's gotten into the press.

He's probably not taking anything too personally, either. The biggest negative is that it is a distraction in the middle of a major tournament.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #1613
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
^^ Aren't you being a bit over-dramatic? Nobody's being 'killed'...
The last thing I read about it is that it was just a usual case of journo's exxagerating and pulling the whole incident out of context. Pretty sure Rog and Raf will be able to patch things up.
For the first part maybe I'm over-dramatic,

but for the second part, when you say that "it was just a usual case of journo's exxagerating and pulling the whole incident out of context", you're 100% wrong.

That's completely different : from what we hear from a few noises by Davydenko, Stakhovsky or others, there was actually much more in that meeting than what has been said in the media. Most of the players said they didn't want to speak.

Nadal has deeply wanted something for long, and has managed to get other top-players except Federer with him, and now has also managed to get the support of the other players. Federer now is in a very weak position, and that's why he has to be diplomatic. Nadal is not innocent. At all. And as Federer was in opposition between him and what he wanted (but far from being the only opposition, yes), that's why he was that harsh against Fed. And his diplomatic words today didn't sound nice at all to me. When Nadal wants something, he doesn't fear any conflict. Fed doesn't like conflicts.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:05 AM   #1614
Anathemaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
but for the second part, when you say that "it was just a usual case of journo's exxagerating and pulling the whole incident out of context", you're 100% wrong.
That's your opinion. Is okay with me, I just happen to disagree.

Quote:
That's completely different : from what we hear from a few noises by Davydenko, Stakhovsky or others, there was actually much more in that meeting than what has been said in the media. Most of the players said they didn't want to speak.

Nadal has deeply wanted something for long, and has managed to get other top-players except Federer with him, and now has also managed to get the support of the other players. Federer now is in a very weak position, and that's why he has to be diplomatic. Nadal is not innocent. At all. And as Federer was in opposition between him and what he wanted (but far from being the only opposition, yes), that's why he was that harsh against Fed. And his diplomatic words today didn't sound nice at all to me. When Nadal wants something, he doesn't fear any conflict. Fed doesn't like conflicts.
This is all your interpretation. Fact is, we do not know what actually happened. You think Fed is in a 'weak' position? Shall we make a bet on who will eventually come out of this as the winner?

I'd suggest to let this incident die in silence, not make any further noise about it. How about going back about TENNIS over here?

Anathema

Old 01-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #1615
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset of Age View Post
I'd suggest to let this incident die in silence, not make any further noise about it. How about going back about TENNIS over here?
OK Ok we can keep it silent, but "die", I don't think it will die : we will hear about all that again in next months, that's certain. I think Fed will try to do the best but more as an executant than an initiator, he will be Nadal's puppet in a way.

The sooner he dismisses from that presidency, the better, I think.

Fed is a familyman, and has much to care about his tennis this year, all of these things will not do him anything good.

Last edited by duong : 01-17-2012 at 01:30 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #1616
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ditto, never liked Nadal and his phony good guy attitude. From his 2 year ranking system and now this he just doesnt think before he speaks.
Its become more obvious in the last few months. What he said in the press about Roger was wrong, and his apology was pathetic.

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:05 AM   #1617
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Karin, I completely disagree with you there.

The journalists haven't created anything. Rafa did, his words were clear and well-translated, what he did was a personal attack on Roger. He pretty much said that Roger was only looking after his image, not the players' interests. Harsh accusation, when talking about the president of the player council.

The problem isn't that he went public - he can disagree with Roger on the merits, in public or in private - and that's fine.

The problem was that he speculated publicly what Roger's motives were, and speculated that it was self-serving, and hurtful to other players.

Roger saved his ass by reacting the way he did, if I were him, I'd honestly be very hurt, I can't imagine he isn't, even if he won't say so in the press.

Edit: I've seen the Spanish interview. I don't speak Spanish, but a Rafa fan who does confirmed that it wasn't a case of a translation error.

Last edited by Or Levy : 01-17-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 AM   #1618
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #1619
country flag Minnie

Minnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond reputeMinnie has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with Or Levy on this one. I thought it was shameful for Nadal to "hide" behind the Spanish media. If he's got something to say - say it in English where everyone can see it. However, this time he couldn't "hide" behind his own language and the I hope the furore he created has come back to bite him in his famous butt!

I was really taken aback at Nadal's comments - if reported mostly correctly. They were personal and hurtful and more the reaction of a spoilt child who couldn't get its own way.
Minnie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #1620
country flag duong

Christian Despont, in French, from the Swiss press about the problem between Nadal and Federer :

http://www.lematin.ch/sports/tennis/...story/15765660

for instance says that the only player whom Nadal had publicly criticized before Federer was Söderling after Wimbledon 2008.

And that his words are about cowardness and hypocrisy.

Despont also says "in his Union fight, Nadal also claimed a two year ranking-system, tio protect long-term injured players, whereas Federer defends ultra-conservative positions".

You see, even Swiss press presents Fed's position this way

But I'm not surprised at all by Despont's general presentation here : very good tennis writer in Switzerland (esp very good writing), has always talked of Fed as "a complete genius" tennis-wise, but has always been harsh at him on the personal point of view, whereas admiring Nadal's character.

I've never liked Despont's opinion about Federer (even when he considers Fed as a genius without accepting his tennis-limits even not accepting him getting older).