The "Waiting For Paulo's Comeback" Thread - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2008, 05:22 AM   #16
country flag Invisible

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Zadig et Voltaire Appreciation Thread

HEY SHARON, Look who I saw/"met" on Friday!!

She's been in the state since Tuesday (I think) and did 4 book signings (one each day Wednesday through Saturday). I guess the reason she came was to do the reading/recording of the CD version of their book. My mom and I went to her book signing on Friday and stood in the freezing cold (with a bit of snow even) for about an hour and a half. They let some people wait inside, but the rest of us were left to suffer For the actual signing they moved us through very quickly, which is why I guess it's more appropriate to say that I saw her rather than met her even though she did look up at me before signing my copy of the book, and I said "Hi" and "Thank you" to her They didn't allow photos to be taken with her, but they had a photo area for taking pictures of her. Still a cool experience I find it surprising that she would stay around here for most of the week. I wonder if she has ever been away from the rest of her family for that long all at one time

Last edited by Invisible : 12-21-2008 at 08:19 AM.
Invisible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 07:04 AM   #17
Sharon

*jealous*

I wish I could meet her... I guess Jon probably didn't come so he could take care of the children and not just leave them with various sitters, since I think they mentioned on the show before they would do less traveling.
*still jealous* I wish I knew about this
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:15 AM   #18
country flag Invisible

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon View Post
*jealous*

I wish I could meet her... I guess Jon probably didn't come so he could take care of the children and not just leave them with various sitters, since I think they mentioned on the show before they would do less traveling.
*still jealous* I wish I knew about this
I actually didn't know until Thursday night. My mom had heard about it on one of the "local" news stations during the day on Thursday so the Wednesday one had already happened. My mom didn't catch what they said for the when or where of the Thursday signing and she didn't tell me about it until later that night. The news had mentioned the Saturday one, but we couldn't go to that one because my mom had to work all day. The Friday one wasn't mentioned on the news (the location of that one wasn't as "local"), I just happened to be reading articles about the Wednesday one and it mentioned the city where there would be one on Friday, but it didn't say the exact location or time so I had to do a bit more research According to an article, the signing on Wednesday had at least 1,500 people...the one I went to wasn't nearly that bad. I wasn't around Kate long enough for a proper judgment, but from what I saw she seemed quite friendly. She made a point of looking at people even though everybody was being rushed through and she didn't seem annoyed at all. Maybe it's because chaos has become normal to her I was all about breaking the rules When we got there they told us that the line was for both purchasing the book and the signing (you had to buy the book there or have a receipt from having already bought it from that store). They said we couldn't go in and buy it, that we had to wait. There was a guy by the door that wouldn't let you in if you were there for the signing. After awhile I slipped in and bought the books. Other people had done it, and we were afraid that if we had to wait and buy it when we were allowed in, that we would lose our place in line. Later they let people go inside in groups to buy them Their rules for the signing were no personalization for the signing of the book and no pictures with her. They had the area where you could take a picture after you got your autograph, but you were suppose to take one and then move on. I stayed there for awhile trying to get some decent pictures. Nobody said anything directly to me so I didn't leave. I kind of felt that I deserved it after standing outside freezing for so long It was really hard to take pictures though because people were constantly walking past the table. A lot of my pictures were of peoples backs. Also my camera was being difficult, I think it was because I keep it in auto mode and it was having a hard time focusing with all of the movement. Oh and another thing....Kate seems smaller in person, thinner than on TV About Jon, to me he doesn't seem like the type of person that would want to sit around signing books. I'm curious how this will fit into the show...if they will mention where Kate went and if they will show stuff from the days that Jon was home with the kids
Invisible is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #19
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

I just finished my stupid cardiovascular exam I'm so happy not that it went well... just happy because it's OVER!!
I'll get my new lecture schedule tomorrow --- hopefully there won't be that many classes

I'm so freakin' tired!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #20
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ome View Post
I just finished my stupid cardiovascular exam I'm so happy not that it went well... just happy because it's OVER!!

That's so great!! Ahh, I know that feeling when the exams are finally over, so I imagine how happy you are right now, Jai Congrats!!
Your exams ended pretty fast! But no proper rest after?

Quote:
Darn... I really miss Mister Zadig et Voltaire fanatic I wish we have some sort of GPS on him so we'd know where he is... media is useless these days

BTW, Olga... the woman we're talking about in the PM, she has a Facebook account!!
Well, at least we know where Paulo will be (or already is) soon!
The Masters France draw is out! Paulo is in one group with Mika, Arnaud and Adrian

And his schedule (dunno where to post it ) :

Thursday : against Arnaud Clément
Friday : against Adrian Mannarino
Saturday : against Michaël Llodra

I'm so thrilled about the opportunity of seeing him (at last!), even if it turns out to be just a tiny little pic

Gosh, they are amazing!

Allez Les Bleus
tufani is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #21
country flag Ome

Ome has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond reputeOme has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tufani View Post

That's so great!! Ahh, I know that feeling when the exams are finally over, so I imagine how happy you are right now, Jai Congrats!!
Your exams ended pretty fast! But no proper rest after?

Thanks, Olga!

I did two exams per day so overall, they only took 3 days

I'm starting a new subject on Neuroscience today Last year we did a course on neuroanatomy which should have been very helpful here... except for the fact that I don't remember a darn thing
Old 12-16-2008, 02:19 AM   #22
country flag Ome

Quote:
Well, at least we know where Paulo will be (or already is) soon!
The Masters France draw is out! Paulo is in one group with Mika, Arnaud and Adrian

And his schedule (dunno where to post it ) :

Thursday : against Arnaud Clément
Friday : against Adrian Mannarino
Saturday : against Michaël Llodra

I'm so thrilled about the opportunity of seeing him (at last!), even if it turns out to be just a tiny little pic

Gosh, they are amazing!
Should be a fun event for Paulo Maybe we should all tell Marc Gicquel to give Paulo a hug from us

We haven't had a new thread for the Aussie tourneys yet... someone should start it I feel like jinxing him every time I start a thread

We want pictures!!!!

What a lovely family
Old 12-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #23
Sharon

I'll start the thread I think I said I would do this when the season ended

Any title suggestions?
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #24
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

tufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond reputetufani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I did two exams per day so overall, they only took 3 days

I'm starting a new subject on Neuroscience today Last year we did a course on neuroanatomy which should have been very helpful here... except for the fact that I don't remember a darn thing
Two exams per day?? Sounds a bit crasy for me, because I have a 2-3 days break between the exams Well, that's why my exam time usually last for 2,5-3 weeks

Neuroscience sounds interesting How many subjects do you study during the semester?

Yeah, Toulouse should be a good pre-Aussie practice for Paulo. My only wish is Paulo playing under no pressure and being happy on the court. Seeing him smiling again would be so great!
Nico M has withdrawn yesterday I wonder who will replace him

No good ideas on the thread title from me My head is absolutely overfilled with numbers and economic terms lately

Allez Les Bleus
Old 12-17-2008, 01:55 AM   #25
country flag Ome

I wish I have a break between each exam... would have been less torturing

Usually about 6-7 subjects per semester but each subject has both a lecture and a lab part.

Now I'm just glad to see Paulo AWAY from Paris Dynamites in the Printemps department store

I ran out of idea after exam
Old 12-17-2008, 02:37 PM   #26
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Quote:
I wish I have a break between each exam... would have been less torturing

Usually about 6-7 subjects per semester but each subject has both a lecture and a lab part.

Now I'm just glad to see Paulo AWAY from Paris Dynamites in the Printemps department store

I ran out of idea after exam
But there is a huge bright side for you - exams are over in no time!

I see. Well, same here. I have 4 exams to pass this winter, and a bunch of tests

Those explosives are already been defused by police, but still...

Ah, the Vamos avie is back!

Allez Les Bleus
Old 12-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #27
country flag Ome

Quote:
But there is a huge bright side for you - exams are over in no time!

I see. Well, same here. I have 4 exams to pass this winter, and a bunch of tests

Those explosives are already been defused by police, but still...

Ah, the Vamos avie is back!
That's one way to look at it

Such a scary world we're living in...

Of course, we have to get ready for some vamosing action I CAN NOT wait to see Paulo again!!!!! (at least some pictures!)
Old 12-17-2008, 03:06 PM   #28
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Quote:
Such a scary world we're living in...

Of course, we have to get ready for some vamosing action I CAN NOT wait to see Paulo again!!!!! (at least some pictures!)
And I have a feeling that it's only the beginning

I've changed my avie as well. That's the best way I can show my support, I guess
Hmm, there is an opening ceremony today, right? Maybe we'll get a chance of seeing Paulo at last

Allez Les Bleus

Last edited by tufani : 12-17-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:51 AM   #29
country flag Ome

Nice change of avie

At last... It seems like FOREVER!!!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #30
country flag tufani
Welcome back Paulo

Thanks, Jai!

Oh, I LOVE the curls!! Seems like Paulo really had fun yesterday

I'm ready to follow his match via scoreboard

Allez Les Bleus