Chat Thread - "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" Thread - Page 92 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-10-2008, 04:18 AM   #1366
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHAT THREAD - Aiming For The Numero Uno Spot On Chicos Latinos :-)

no comments :retrad: .... I really hate that orange team

and I thought that Italy and France will go through the next round ... it seems that I was kind of wrong

VAMOS NICO!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2008, 08:11 AM   #1367
country flag tennhack226

tennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond repute

I never said anyone has to like the women's game but as a woman you should respect it. i admire Kim for knowing what is important to her in her life and having the courage to go for it. Women have to consider their biological clocks and if having a famly is important to her then now was the best time to do it. Nobody really knows what is going on with Justine's health or personal situation. She has to manage her life as she sees fit. And as for the Williams, I they are two incredibly talented women who would probably be bored just playing tennis.

And I will add this to the fire: Obama does not need Hiliary to be the VP. That wouldn't help his ticket. He needs an older man with some military experience . I don't know who that is, but that is what he needs.
tennhack226 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #1368
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone here said they didn't respect women's tennis. I just said I didn't like it. And women can have babies well into their late thirties and early forties so biological clocks aren't an issue here. But of course you are entitled to your opinion on their retirements and the Williams sisters lack of commitment to the game. Although I think that's why women's tennis is losing fans - fans want to see players hungry to win, willing to fight for every point. Talking incessantly about men, babies, and fashion don't really bring the image of the dedicated athlete to mind.

It depends on whether Obama can get a big lead on McCain before the conventions. Right now he's only 2 points ahead. If it stays that way, he needs her. If he moves far ahead, he can pick whomever he wishes to pick.

Women decide the general election...particularly older women. Must piss off men, but it's true whether men like it or not. If Democratic women decide to stay home becuase they are still angry about the primaries, he'll loss. And while women do worry about national security, they are also concerned with the economy, healthcare, and social security. Picking an older man with military experience will help on national security but not on the other issues.

You also have to look at the electoral map. Two of the twelve key swing states are MI and FL - McCain has an 8 point lead in FL. Others are West Virginia, PA, and OH - all Clinton states. And many of the western states that Obama did well in caucuses to get the primary win are Republican states that he'll never win in the general election.

VAMOS NICO!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #1369
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

I think Nicofan stated it very well-while I certainly understand Kim's decsion, as a fan of hers it was a bummer-and I'm sure the rest of her fans felt the aame. Its hard on fans to support and invest in a player who just decides seemingly out of nowhere to retire-for whatever reason. I myself didn't start having kids until I was 34 and had my last at 38-in biological clock time she had a few years.....Still its her decision of course, but I don't see how anyone can deny choices like that from top players doesn't hurt the image of women's tennis. I repsect women's tennis and love that there are great role models out there for my daugters-much healthier role models that what else it out there, but don't expect women's tennis to have the status of men's until the top players show the same commitment..... and I DO think Obama needs Hilary pretty obvious from a stratigic point of view.

VAMOOOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #1370
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

And what kind of role models are young ladies who basically quit and don't give their best effort? If I had little girls, that's not the role models that I would want for them. I would want strong women who went for their goals with passion and dedication.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #1371
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
And what kind of role models are young ladies who basically quit and don't give their best effort? If I had little girls, that's not the role models that I would want for them. I would want strong women who went for their goals with passion and dedication.

VAMOS NICO!

Like Hilary Lindsey Davenport is a great role model-she seems to have got it right IMO. Had an amazing career and then had her baby. I didn't expect to her to come back after she had Jaeger but she was able to do that too. Steffi Graff, played out her tennis career too but still had time for a family. Ditto Chris Everet and many more. I really don't mean to be putting Kim down but at her age she did have a real choice.

Anyway, at some point women do have to sometimes have to make a choice, but in the world of proffesional sports, women usually start to loose their physical edge in their early 30's when there is still plenty of time to have kids.

VAMOOOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #1372
country flag NicoFan

Definitely like Hillary. One of my relatives was mad when they kept telling her to quit - he said since when do we tell people to quit, especially when they are so close! That's not what we should ever tell anyone. Quit, it's too hard, I can't do this...boo hoo. No, you want a fighter.

I loved Steffi and Chrissy - both were so tough. Steffi is my second favorite player of all time, only after Johnny Mac.

And remember Evonne Goolagong had a baby and came back and won Wimbledon!!! That was back when the women who played were tough. It was harder back then. And I was obviously much younger then, and I remember Goolagong doing that and thinking how cool that was that she kept playing...and winning! She was definitely one of my favorites back then.

VAMOS NICO!

Last edited by NicoFan : 06-10-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:01 PM   #1373
country flag NicoFan

I just saw this on Tennis Grandstand. Kimmy's thinking of coming back.

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/a-clijsters-comeback/

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-11-2008, 04:19 AM   #1374
country flag Sparko1030

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
I just saw this on Tennis Grandstand. Kimmy's thinking of coming back.

http://www.tennisgrandstand.com/a-clijsters-comeback/

VAMOS NICO!
Well, that is just too funny after all our posts!!! Good for Kim-( Ilike her girl's name too ) Best of luck in whatever she decides (but I hope she decides on the comeback )

As far as Hilary goes, I would be lying if I said I hadn't wanted her to bow out earlier-just to unify the party, BUT I so repect her her for keeping on fighting-women like her change the way we think about women-all women owe her a great dept -and I hope we get the chance to pay that debt back in the future when she runs for president again.

VAMOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 06-11-2008, 04:54 AM   #1375
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Kim ok tell the truth, who was the one passing our chat to her huh?

VAMOS NICO!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 01:10 PM   #1376
country flag NicoFan

Yes, Kim must be reading our chat.

I hope Hillary runs again, but I doubt it.

And don't know when another women will come along again to run. Hillary along with everyone else keep saying about how her running has made it easier for women to run, but in all honesty, after seeing all the sexism against her in the campaign and how the all boys political club came together in force to keep her out, I doubt many women will want to go there. Not to mention the fact that many women didn't support her and were ironically some of the worse out there for sexism.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #1377
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Portugal (and Cristiano Ronaldo ) is playing right now

VAMOS NICO !!!

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #1378
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

Nuno Gomes is playing too

VAMOS NICO !!!

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:38 PM   #1379
country flag NicoFan

Really??? I know we won't have it on TV here in the STates but maybe I can find it on live streaming.

Thanks for the info.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #1380
country flag NicoFan

It is on TV - will wonders never cease!!!

Ohhhh, I want to see my Nuno!!!

VAMOS NICO!