Chat Thread - "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" Thread - Page 90 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #1336
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHAT THREAD - Aiming For The Numero Uno Spot On Chicos Latinos :-)

Should be a great women's final And a big GOOD LUCK to Lucho and Cuevas in the doubles final! I like Lucho and it would be great to see him win a Slam title!

And of course its Roger and Rafa in the men's final-what a surprise! We'll see if its Roger's turn this year-although Rafa has been playng better than ever so I have my doubts. Should be an entertaining though final, no matter who wins.

on on still not having any good candidates even though there were 8 to chosse from Kid People here say we need more choices but apparently doesn't mean any of them would still be any good Quanity does not always mean quality.

VAMOOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2008, 07:58 PM   #1337
country flag tennhack226

tennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond reputetennhack226 has a reputation beyond repute

Well it is nice to see women showing respect for women's tennis, especially after advocating for women's studies. Women's tennis is improving just like women's college basketball and soccer have. I watched Safina's first round match live and she was on fire. I picked her to go all the way. And Ivanovic showed some awesome intensity yesterday. The final tommorrow should be a good match.
tennhack226 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:14 PM   #1338
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I'm not crazed about women's tennis...today. I used to love it, but don't like it much today. Every player plays the same until you get to the top women. The men are beginning to get that way too, and it doesn't make me happy.

Yes, it's hard enough to get TWO candidates who are any good, let alone EIGHT.

I'm hoping that Barack selects Hill as VP after last night's meeting. Last night, however, I was so annoyed with the media...even the female media. Talk about sexism. They were saying - would Hillary be able to "obey" and be "subservient" to Barack if she's selected. Well, obviously the VP has to fall in line with the President's viewpoints after they have their say. But can you imagine the media talking about a male VP candidate being "obedient" and "subservient" to the Presidential nominee??? Amazing... Sounds like something out of a 16th century conduct manual.

VAMOS NICO!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:27 PM   #1339
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

to the media. I missed the news stories on it but I know the media is pratically worthless these days. Television "news" reporters seem to spend more time on how they look-men and women both-than on real reporting (which would actually require them to do actual research )let alone trying to be objective or fair. Real journalism is dead, all we have are a bunch of talking heads who look like they're trying to to replace the bubble heads on Entertainment Tonight(or any of the myriad of other entertainment "news" show....) Its all about ratings which are harder and harder to get with the internet. UGHHH!!! (I shouldn't have even started on that one-just pisses me off )

Ok, deap breath I hope Obama asks-seems like a no brainer really. Biggest drawback that I can see is that Bill comes with the package and he might be more difficult to deal with than past VP spouses.

VAMOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 06-06-2008, 08:45 PM   #1340
country flag Sparko1030

Here are some problems I see with women's tennis (off the top of my head) In mens' tennis, its the #1 player that gets the most attention-Its Roger you see in adds etc-here in the States anyway. He's number 1 and he's treated like that. The female player we see by far the most often is Sharapova. Now, she is a top 10 player but I bet the average person here would assume she is #1. Hennin was completely unknown outside of tennis fans. I guess what I'm trying to say, in mens' tennis, talent is rewared, in women's beauty trumps talent. Nothing against Maria, she didn't make the rules but there it is.

Also, we see good women tennis players just quit-to have babies(Clijsters) or just don't have the heart for it anymore like Justine recently. And the WIlliams sisters often seem to have more important irons in the fire than their tennis careers. If they don't take their careers seriously, why should we? While understanding their reasons I think its hard on thier fans and all of women's tennis. When was the last time a male player just quit? The ones I have seen retire do so when they are at an age where it is difficult for them to compete with the younger players. I hope this new group of women's players changes that.

(I must be in a mood-complaining about the media and women's tennis-must be becuase the kids are home now )

VAMOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 06-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #1341
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Sparko!!!

I agree with you completely about both the media and women's tennis.

There is nothing of substance in today's news reporting. There are some good journalists still, but they are few and far between, and TV reporters are worthless.

I don't like all these women quitting either. It's a poor example for young girls. Nothing wrong with fashion, but when these women are obsessed with clothes, what does that say? And players like Kim with their incessant talking about marriage and kids - both wonderful things - but there is time for that.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-07-2008, 04:23 AM   #1342
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

Sparko is right as always ... and well at least in tomorrow's final we'll see the girls that really deserve and fighted to be there, and at the end, no matter if the more pretty are the ones in adds and getting all the media attention, like we've heard before, beauty doesn't last forever and the talent is the one that will remain till the end. There you have Maria, all the media was talking about the new diamond hearings that she'd be wearing in RG ... well I guess that the diamonds didn't help her to get her butt kicked for Safina right?

Hopefully this new generation of players really take seriously their careers and not quit after some years to have babies, a husband or to enjoy traveling

and yeah about candidates, quantity doesn't mean quality and most of them are only fighting to get the minimum amount of votes so they could survive for another year and get the money from the goverment

VAMOS NICO!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:49 PM   #1343
country flag Sparko1030

Well, I'm not alwasy right but....most of the time

Had to fight for the computer just to get on today

So Anna won! Lucho and Pablo won!! and Rafa won!!! That he won is not so surprising, but by how much is 6-1,6-3,6-0. Actually a for Roger-it must be very frustrating for him. After last year's final it looked like he was close to finally getting the French Open title but he must just be off his game this year.

And Hilary has officially conceded to Barack. Very classy speech and it looks good, IMO anyway, for her to be offered the VP posistion.

VAMOOOOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 06-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #1344
country flag NicoFan

She better be offered the VP position. And the media is annoying me again. They keep saying that Hillary has to work to bring her supporters to Barack. Hmmm...in a way, but Barack has to win them over. He's got a lot of work to do with women, Latinos, and the working class in order to win. She can't just hand them over...again, he's got to win them over.

I'm happy that Ana won too! (But felt bad for Dinara...) And Lucho and Pablo... And Rafa just kicked butt. Hard to believe that he got even better on clay from last year to this year. He was already great.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:10 PM   #1345
country flag NicoFan

Hey everyone!

We have 54,000 posts!!!

We all need to make an effort to post a couple of times a day so we can pass out Dahveed's forum.

VAMOS! WE CAN DO IT!!!

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-08-2008, 08:43 PM   #1346
country flag Alx
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Alx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond reputeAlx has a reputation beyond repute

well we have to find something to speak about

the European football championship started yesterday, we could post some pics
I saw a cute rumanian (spelling ) player a while ago

VAMOOS NICOOO !!!

Nicolas Massu

Fernando Gonzalez

Vince "move your butt" Spadea Les ptits potes Victor Hanescu

Last edited by Alx : 06-08-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Alx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:56 PM   #1347
country flag LOVELY

LOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond reputeLOVELY has a reputation beyond repute

we could also post some pics of Cristiano Ronaldo

VAMOS NICO!!!

http://nico-massu.over-blog.com/

Nico Massu

Follow through,Make your dreams come true,Don't give up the fight,You will be allright,Cause there's no one like you in the universe (Muse)
LOVELY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:25 PM   #1348
country flag NicoFan

Cute players from Euro 2008 is fine by me!

Especially Cristiano and Nuno Gomes.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:33 AM   #1349
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

did you watch the match yesterday NicoFan? I lot of close ups from Nuno he was looking really cute

And yeaaay! what a great end for RG! Ana won the chicos won in doubles and that's it since the men's final didn't care for me but like Sparko said, I was expecting Nadal to win but I was really freaked out when I saw the score like Almagro said, Nadal will be 65 years old and he still will be winning RG :retard:

VAMOS NICO!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM   #1350
country flag NicoFan

I didn't know my Nuno was playing.

I'll have to start tracking this better.

And about what Almagro said.

VAMOS NICO!