Chat Thread - "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Hey Goodbye" Thread - Page 89 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2008, 06:48 AM   #1321
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHAT THREAD - Aiming For The Numero Uno Spot On Chicos Latinos :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidnicky View Post
Sparko please!! what would people think about me?!?!

VAMOS NICO!
The truth And you know we love you just the way you are Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan View Post
And hey Sparko - your airport is quite lovely! I really liked it. But I was a bit confused coming in - I used to watch the show Coach, and I thought Minnesota was woods and lakes. But it was flat farmland. But when I got into the airport, there were stores for mouses and things so I know that the woods and lakes must be somewhere! And don't laugh, but when I saw Minneapolois from the air, in my head I sang the song from the Mary Tyler Moore Show and pictured myself throwing a hat into the air.

Well, at least you like our airport Nicofan. Some consumer report came out a week or so ago and it was ranked very low to the chagrin airport and city officials Not sure why though.

And we do have woods, but they start just north of the Twin Cities. I live just north we have hard woods here (very lovely in the fall) and 50 miles north of here start the pine woods. The tree line runs diagonal from the northwest corner where its prairie to the southeast corner. In short we have everything here (and that is too long of an answer-still a bit of the park ranger in me )

MTM was great for Mpls-I think she put it on the map and it was a great show-they even put a statue of that scene on the Nicollet Mall No statue for poor "Coach" though Oh, speaking of tv shows set in MN, Little House on the Prairie was suppose to take place in MN, close to where I grew up in the sw corner, but you may not have watched that one .

VAMOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Best Wishes to: Marcos~Janko~Ivan~Marat~Lucho~Rafa~Tommy H
Gaston-best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Sparko1030 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2008, 02:10 AM   #1322
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry late in responding but just got back from CA - didn't have internet access when I was in LA.

I loved Little House on the Prairie!!! And cool that there is a statue of MTM!!! I used to love that scene when I was a kid. I used to pretend I was MTM throwing my hat.

I don't know why they ranked your airport low. I thought it was one of the more easy airports to navigate and there is a lot of stores and restaurants.

VAMOS NICO!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:05 PM   #1323
country flag Sparko1030

Sparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond reputeSparko1030 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Nicofan!!! I hope you had a great trip/visit

VAMOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

"Its hard to argue against cynics-they always sound smarter than optimists because they have so much evidence on their side." Molly Ivins, 1944-2007
Old 05-31-2008, 08:18 PM   #1324
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparko1030 View Post
Welcome back Nicofan!!! I hope you had a great trip/visit

VAMOOOOOOS NICO!!!

I did have a good time. I really loved SF (first time there), and of course, I love the beaches in LA. Also went to a tennis challenger. But I got a cold too.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:32 AM   #1325
country flag NicoFan

Well Ms. Sparko, congrats to your man.

I wish it had been Hillary, but hopefully he'll make her his VP. And she can work to get healthcare.

Though I don't know if you heard her speech from NYC, but she said to write to her at HillaryClinton.com and let her know what we think she should do. So I wrote and said to stay in and fight on until Denver!

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:37 AM   #1326
country flag Sparko1030

Thanks Nicofan You know I vacilated b/t the two but I did and vote for him and it has looked like he would be the one for the last while. I hope Obama offers her the VP position too-and she accepts. In his speech tonight it sounded like he might be setting the stage for that with his high praise for her and esp. mentioning her role in healthcare reform.

I 'm not surprised you e-mailed her that You two are definalty fighters and I actually thought that is was she would do. Although I guess she didn't actually concede tonight so who knows?

Obama made his speech tonight here in MN at the X-Cel Center in St. Paul-where the Reps. are going to have their convention later this summer-kind of a to them I guess I didn't go but as I was watching it on TV is wish I had

Oh, and I missed your previous post-sorry you got a cold but it sounds like you still had a great time-I would love to see SF sometime!

VAMOOOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 06-04-2008, 05:31 AM   #1327
country flag kidnicky
Could it be any harder...

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

NF I'm watching the show where Jaime Camil was interviewed, I didn't find the videos in youtube but probably the next days I'd find some of them for you ... the guy is really really funny some highlights from the interview, when the producer of La Fea Mas Bella called him to make him a possible offer for the part he was in New York really depressed because he was getting ready for months for a broadway play that was cancelled until the last minute, he says that now he knows why you can't entirely open the windows in NY to avoid more suicides ... I didn't know that he made the voice of the bee in the Bee Movie, you know the translation in spanish for the kids here in Mexico and he says that the most exciting about that was to actually meet Jerry Seinfeld and that he is about to release a new cd in the middle of June

Hopefully I would find some videos later for you

VAMOS NICO!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini
The second thing that gets better with age

kidnicky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 04:20 PM   #1328
country flag NicoFan

Sparko - Obama needs to put her as his VP. Although I would be happy with Secretary of State too. You know, he needs her more than she needs him. She can go back to the Senate and be the next Ted Kennedy - lots of power and can get a lot done. She's got 18,000,000 behind her. Obama on the other hand can't win unless her 18,000,000 supporters decide to move over to him. He should get most because no one wants another Republican 4 years (including me!). But many won't unless he treats her very well. They think the election was robbed from her (which I agree with but I'd still vote for Barack). And that could tip the election to McCain. BTW - for the record, I'm very disgusted with the DNC after this campaign. Not Barack's fault, but they just handed him the election when they refused to re-do MI and FL. I'm really afraid it's going to come back and bite them on the butt. And no offense to you , but I'm really disgusted with women. The media was so sexist against her, but not a peep from women in anger. I think all women s/b required to take a women's studies class in their Freshman year. And men too.

Kid - I can't believe I miss all these shows with Jaime. He's so cute. I'm beginning to think that I'll never see him ever again. He's so funny. So glad that NYC windows don't open because we need our Jaime!!! And cool that he got to meet Jerry Seinfeld. That would be awesome...lucky him! And yes, please find videos for me. Although I'll look too.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #1329
country flag Sparko1030

Well, I'm digusted with how the FL and MI primaries were handled too-but didn't both Hilary and Obama sign off on it before the primaries started? It wasn't fair to the voters in those states, and I do think caucuses are outdated too. Things need to be fixed before the next pres. election and we need the internal leadership to get it done. Having said that, its too late to change it and I think Obama is a good man and canidate. I agree that Hilary was treated unfairly by the press and I think that of all things, Saturday Night Live brought attention to that. I thnk coverage of her changed after that but the damage had already been done. Myself, I voted for Obama because, well, he makes me feel so optimistic aobut the future and I haven't felt that since, well, Bill was in office.

I think Obama needs her more now than she needs him too and I hope they will work together now to defeat McCain. They have personality differences but policy wise are very much on the same page. McCain,on the other hand, is looking more and more like a continuation of Bush and that would be a disaster for our country. It is time to put differences aside and unite for the win in Novemeber. I don't think its over for Hilary by any means-she is young and 8 yrs (hopefully ) is not a long time really.

VAMOOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 06-05-2008, 04:50 AM   #1330
country flag kidnicky

kidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond reputekidnicky has a reputation beyond repute

I've learnt soooo much about american politics with both of you thanks for all the information that I can't read or see on tv because you know that I have no time ... I can only say that it's actually time that all the people get together and vote for Obama, it's the only way to kick out the Republicans from the White House and I guess that's the most important thing, it's sucks that Hillary didn't make it but probably like Sparko said, she could try again and after making history by having Obama as President, you could make history again by having a woman as president

ok I'll try to look up for videos for you NF and yes I'm still laughing about the windows comment because he also said that when he got the call like a good actor the first thing that he asked was "how much are you going to pay me?"

VAMOOS NICOO!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini

Old 06-05-2008, 04:00 PM   #1331
country flag NicoFan

Sparko - they did sadly both sign off. But at the end of the day, Hillary fought to get them counted, and Obama refused to compromise so I think he'll take the brunt of the people's anger in both states. And yes, the causus system is totally outdated.

What makes me mad is that the same arguments that Hillary supporters are using now are the same ones we used when the election was stolen from Gore. And back then, the DNC never supported Gore's fight for a recount.

I'm ti-red of the system working against my candidates. And the Republicans waltz away with the Presidency each time. Hopefully it won't happen again because most Democrats and many others are so excited about Obama's nomination...it's really an awesome historical moment. But MI and FL are so key that I can't help but worrying that they will cost the Dems the election.

And really annoyed that the way they treated Hillary has me less than happy with Barack. He's a good guy, and I want to dance and sing that he's nominated. But I'm too upset with the DNC to do that.

But I will in time... Just might take me two or three weeks longer than Obama supporters.

Kid - glad to know that you are getting a lesson in US politics. Unfortunately the world sees what a nutty system we have.

And about what Jaime said. He's such a sweetie.

VAMOS NICO!

Last edited by NicoFan : 06-05-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:27 PM   #1332
country flag Sparko1030

Note: Due to summer vacation begining for my kids today, I may not be posting as much I will have to assert myself parental authority to get on the computer

Yeah, I think the way the DNC handled FL and MI was not only wrong, but foolish.I dont' blame Hilary supporters for feeling wronged but there is still much at stake. My only hope is that those voters realize that McCain is not a real alternative to Hilary-and that the future of our country is more important right now. It could have the same effect as the Nader vote in 2000-boy the "if only's" from that one . And Howard Dean has to go-he was a poor pres candidate and now he is a poor leader of the Demecratic party. I hope he's a better doctor

Kid- glad Nicofan and I have been able to educate on our messed up electoral system here You'd think that we'd have a better one but...

VAMOOOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 06-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #1333
country flag NicoFan

Sparko! Kick those kids off the internet.

I think most Democrats will realize that McCain is not an option. At least I hope. And I think that Barack will really appeal to independents. Now that the primary season is over, he can put himself in front of the American people so they get to know him. And once that happens, he'll have the upper hand becuase he's so amazingly likable. Even when I was so mad at him for keeping the first woman out of the White House, everytime I would see him I just wanted to hug him....he's a cutiepie.

Is anyone watching RG? I just re-watched the Dinera Safina match. I saw her in 2005 in Miami, and it was the most painful match that I've ever seen - everything I hate about women's tennis. Two girls just waiting for the other to make a mistake, all deuce games, it was 3 hours of torment. And I was stuck there waiting for a Rafa match - if I left, I knew I wouldn't get back in. What a nightmare.

But has her game changed! She's much more aggressive, and no more pain watching her play.

VAMOS NICO!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #1334
country flag Sparko1030

I missed the matches on ESPN2 today-I was used to them having tennis on late morning and it was changed to early morning -I should have checked the schedule. Good to hear her game has improved though-her and Marat's fortunes seemed to have switched. (too bad they aren't both doing well)

I hope you are right about voters. Even though McCain is better than Bush, it won't make much difference if he continues Bush's poliices like he says he will. Obama is just so likeable-and a great speaker-I just hope voters won't buy into the inevitable smear campaign I'm sure the repubs will come out with. (I still cannot fathom how Bush came out ahead of Kerry in "the service to our country" department )

VAMOOOOOS NICO!!!

FERNANDO GONZALEZ

Old 06-06-2008, 05:05 AM   #1335
country flag kidnicky

oh yes I'm watching RG actually I'm watching more women's matches than men's because I'm pretty sure we'll have the same final all over again although I'm really waiting to see some Serbian's butt kick all over the Chatrier tomorrow

Safina was really great this week, I just couldn't believe everytime that she came back on her matches and always saving match points againts her, but definetly if neither of you watched the other semifinal you missed a hell of a match, some of the common mistakes on the women's tennis but my god that those girls are good, I have never seen women playing with that intensity and strenght, and Ana is getting just better and better in every match, it's going to be a fantastic final ... besides I'm so happy because we have latinos on the double's final!! Lucho and Pablo Cuevas defeated the Bryans and a lot of top seeded couples and they're in the final!

oh and don't worry girls, at least you only have 2 choices, republicans or democrats, we have like 8 and none of them are good at all :retard:

VAMOS NICO!!

AC MILAN

Paolo Maldini